Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

2017 1a ranking predictions

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#51 PHS Bear

PHS Bear

JV Team

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Bear, what is Pisgah looking like this year?

Well we lost some great players, like other teams. I believe most pieces are still in place. QB will be a Junior. Quailty reciever from JV team. Our schedule will be a tough one, so the record may not be the same as last year.

#52 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

http://rs762.pbsrc.c...&h=480&fit=clip

470 miles from Mitchell County and I find a friend haha.

#53 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:35 PM

Mountain Island now has former East Lincoln QB Marcus Graham in the fold, that definitely boosts their standing going into the season. I'm curious as to what other new faces they will have by August?

#54 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:01 AM

Mountain Island now has former East Lincoln QB Marcus Graham in the fold, that definitely boosts their standing going into the season. I'm curious as to what other new faces they will have by August?

The waiver wire has heated up..... Good luck to them. I hope we have as much entertainment as we did last season. Best of luck to them. I hope they are in 1AA..... East Surry, Mt. Airy, West Montgomery and, yes, Mitchell...... top 4 in the West. Mountain Island needs to get a channel on ESPN!!!  The new playoff alignment will prove interesting. But, don't forget, down East, they play some football..................

#55 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:32 AM

WM1977, that would be a great top 5 in 1aa and don't leave out Swain, think they will surprise lots of people. Unfortunately, I think MICS, My. Airy, and Mitchell will all be 1a.

This addition in my opinion, not that that means anything, moves MICS to near the top of 1a just below Murphy. Will not take Murphy off the top line of 1a until someone proves they are better in the playoffs this season.

Go Mountaineers.

#56 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

Yes Mitchell will be 1a for the foreseeable future unfortunately. I'm betting that MICS will have higher numbers than us this year. Me and SMCOberver done some playoff predictions, his came out better than mine due to some faulty adm numbers, but teams in the YVC could still possibly go East with the new playoff system. Gonna be a season, and yes I'm eating my words about WM earlier. From what I hear around the uwharrie 4x4 park, West and their coach are doing just fine. It's still a shame that a powerhouse is going away, maybe they can get a ship before consolidating

#57 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

#58 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:12 PM

Did he go through a lottery?

#59 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

Did he go through a lottery?

That's what they say...

#60 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:44 AM

LOL....yeah...lottery, waiver wire, free agency......most likely dinner at a Shoney's followed by promises of a better season that his current situation. 

#61 coachlashsr

coachlashsr

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:53 PM

Here we go with all the speculation! Just say what you mean. Everyone has to go through the same process, lottery, paperwork and be approved through the state for transfers. End of the day these are kids we're talking about, and at this point you're just slandering the kids and the program as a whole.

#62 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

LOL......relax Alice. No slander. Just stating the obvious that the rules in place allow things like that to happen. I riddle you this. Post this year's roster at MIC and compare it to last year's roster at MIC. Then, i want you to put this year's roster with the school that the player played at last year. And please don't refer to MIC as a "program". 

#63 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:12 PM

Good Lord we have beat this horse to death, beat it a little more, shot it full of adrenaline, difibulated it back to life, pumped it full of ketamine to calm it down, and have resumed said beating. I can concede that MICS appears to be doing this within the limits of the rules. Can y'all at least admit that you clearly have an unfair advantage in 1a football with your adm's and the size of the talent pool you have to draw from?

#64 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:40 PM

Well,look I see I'm tardy for the party. Seems like some good ol MICS bashing has started. Let it be known that MICS is faster than last years team. And not 1 but 2 D-1 linebackers are on the roster.And word on the street is MICS will be at the North Stanley jamboree and they just might face West Montgomery in a scrimmage. Woooooo.So let the protesting begin but everything is so legit. No rules being broken. Just kids enrolling at a school which is academically ranked 20th in the state.This is about academics. But also the best coaching staff in the state happens to be there. Who actually put kids in college. MICS put 12 kids in college this year how many 1-A programs did at least half of that.I'll wait!!!!!!. So all of your predictions that didnt have us mentioned thank you so much. MICS will average 53pts a game and allow under 10. Tell the truth you guys have some type of love for the Ol mighty MICS. LoL

#65 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

I hope they do meet up with WM. We have beat many teams with "D1" players. Ask North Stanly, it takes more than that, shutting down a 4 star RB to 30 yards couple years ago. Teams win games not individuals.

#66 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:59 PM

And were off....

Not saying that MICS is not playing by the rules. I would assume they are. But this has beat to death just a lot bigger pool of talent to choose from. We can continue to agrue over the rules that the NCHSAA has appoved and we all play by or we can have a reasonable discussion of football.

I don't think anyone on a message board will convince the other side they are correct. I know that I have my opinion and it is what it is. I don't have a problem with charters and such just that they are allowed to play 1a sports and no one on here will convince me it is an even playing field. NOT an excuse just opinion.3

As far as transfers go it is happening everywhere. I understand that TJA has several new face who sat out last season and folks don't seem to jump them as fast as MICS. Think it is because of the way they have built the program and posters such as Blakk. NOT saying MICS is cheating.

I think alot of people will take the MICS team more seriously this season after their performance last season. With the QB pick up, as mentioned above, I think they are right there with Murphy. But as Rick Flair would say.....To be the Man you must beat the man.

Rumor is Mitchell will have a few new faces this season, can't confirm yet. Maybe the first time ever someone has came to Mitchell. It may have happened in the past but I don't remember. They will, should, could help with depth but not the impact that other will have across the state.

Anyway good luck to all and

GO Mountaineers

#67 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

Bowhunter, you are all class. I can confirm at least 1 transfer coming to Mitchell. A 6-2 185 MLB junior from the red county up north. Actually I can remember another transfer coming to Mitchell, Toby Peterson transferred from mountain heritage back in 05 when I was in school. Back to this year's transfer, kid looks pretty good, only played a little @ varsity last year, didn't start, and racked up 27 tackles, including a tfl and fumble recovery.

#68 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

MICS will be a tough but to crack this year, but again, all roads lead to Murphy as of now. I hope Mitchell can hold their own come playoff time, cause it's looking like the 1a West will be hotter than 1aa West. On paper this year's mountaineers should rival the 11 or 15 teams with talent and experience. 17 (I think) returning seniors, quite a few juniors and sophomores that have already played at varsity. Ben young is a 4 year starting QB, which is almost unheard of in hs football. Sophomores Noah Pittman and Tyler McKinney are gonna be something special too. Brody Smith is a state championship burner, and Ben Robinson is a pounding hoss of a FB. Hudson Boone who is a junior, is our main hog up front, and I was told he is working harder than anyone on the team in the weight room. Front squatting over 500lbs. Can't forget Landon Miller at HB, who isn't freakish fast, but is agile, and can find a hole as quick as anyone on the field. Oh and Trevor self who had his breakout season last year and will make QBs wet themselves all year. I believe ol Trev racked up around 10 sacks, and 15 or so tfl's. Only 9 more weels to go y'all!

#69 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

And I'm not gonna leave out Louis Valezquez either. He improved beyond measure last year, becoming an almost sure shot at PAT's and extending his range out to 45 yards or so towards the end of the season. LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!

#70 coachlashsr

coachlashsr

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:47 PM

In case anyone was wondering what the new QB looks like!!

https://youtu.be/FBoNuTYu1Jw

#71 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:32 AM

Holy Geez!!!! Now thats a true baller. Arm and speed. Looks like Aapri Washington with a Micheal Vick arm. Wait to the mountain teams see him. He's been playing against 2-a & 3-a teams. With an accurate cannon. Watch the flick of the wrist.

#72 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

He looks quick and agile.

#73 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

This kid is good. Still two more seasons to play. It will be interesting to see what college he will go to.

#74 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

I heard MICS has 6 Wr's 6'1 or better who can flat out fly. With a running QB with great touch, and future Espn top 150 Rb in the back field. Theres no wonder why college scouts can get enough of this program. And the downhill linebackers with SEC offers woooooo. the #Island (MICS) which no one named as a top contender will have alot to say come playoff time

#75 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

How many D1 kids did they churn out from last season? Better yet, how many players actually are going to the next level from there for football? We hear all this ESPN 150 hype and all the D1 coaches, scouts and offers but I don't seem to remember hearing about any signings. Anyway, enjoy the entertainment guys. They are a team to watch because of their ability to openly recruit at their "event" sponsored by, well, lets just say it's sponsored. They'll make it to the second or third round of the playoffs and meet up with a superior coached team without 35 hanger ons on the the sidelines "styling and profiling" and making jack asses out of themselves. They are exactly who we thought and know they are. All bark and no bite. Please post the list of all the D1 signees/any signees that you produced from last year's National Championship Team please. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic