Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

2017 1a ranking predictions

• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

#301 Chopper747

Chopper747

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

Like I said big talk in June, July and August, come November and December can't hear a pen drop.

pin

#302 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

Thanks English teacher

#303 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

Again, your missing the point. Murphy had a lot of team speed, but had the line play to match Mitchell's. I haven't watched Mitchell or MICS play a game yet, so I don't know really who's better, but I'm still confident that the mountaineers would go for to toe with the raptors. And in Mitchell's defense, they played uncharacteristically sloppy vs Murphy. Not taking away from the bulldogs, and the calls were more in our favor, but Mitchell did not play their game that night, although neither did Murphy. I believe that if last year's Murphy and Mitchell squads had played a series of 10, Murphy would have won 6-7 games.

Whoa now Mountie...I ain't got much dog in this fight cause my Knights may still be rebuilding this year but I watched Murphy/Mitchell last year and on Mitchell's best night and Murphy's worst, Murphy wins 10 outta 10. As far as MICS last year,I watched Murphy/MICS..No other team in WNC 1A-1AA and 99% of 2A teams in WNC touch MICS last year...

#304 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

Oh crap. Your a dimwit.

P.S. It doesn't make you anything but a silverspoon!!!! You guys need crowns(tiara) instead of rings. Lol.

#305 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

Whoa now Mountie...I ain't got much dog in this fight cause my Knights may still be rebuilding this year but I watched Murphy/Mitchell last year and on Mitchell's best night and Murphy's worst, Murphy wins 10 outta 10. As far as MICS last year,I watched Murphy/MICS..No other team in WNC 1A-1AA and 99% of 2A teams in WNC touch MICS last year...

I would have to respectfully disagree. While I concede that Murphy is the better team, I know they wouldn't have won 10/10. And also, our little bit of speed and Mitchell's line would have kept them in a game against MICS. All ifs, buts and coconuts now tho...

#306 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

Thanks English teacher

Don't know about Chopper but I prefer to be called a Grammar Nazi.

#307 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

Well that's good for u

#308 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

I would have to respectfully disagree. While I concede that Murphy is the better team, I know they wouldn't have won 10/10. And also, our little bit of speed and Mitchell's line would have kept them in a game against MICS. All ifs, buts and coconuts now tho...

Murphy's team speed destroyed Mitchell..Ask any Murphy fan,MICS had more speed than Murphy..It's all about match ups..I would have been pulling for Mitchell and I will this year too if they face MICS but MICS 3 TDs or more over Mitchell last year

#309 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:56 PM

Well that's good for u

It is ain't it?

#310 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:59 PM

Not any harm meant hopefully one way or the other.

He is probably country as I am and we are from the same neck of the woods basically.

#311 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:29 AM

Blakk go back to your corner before u get grounded again. Hard headed youngin

#312 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:31 AM

Bich Rackman is a fraud Kidd12. It don't understand us country boys, he's probably standing at the bus stop now going to work at the seven eleven

#313 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:40 PM

Blakk Richmond got deported before I could get his autograph. It would have been my first signature with a crayon.

#314 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:58 PM

We should ask the powers that be to pin a thread for the stadium tours at the top of the 1A board. Would be more beneficial for them and the schools' they are showing. Dumping them on the board will get them lost. 

#315 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:03 PM

And also, our little bit of speed and Mitchell's line would have kept them in a game against MICS.

My honest opinion after seeing the two teams is MICS was a tougher matchup for Mitchell than Murphy was. Mitchell struggled with Murphy's speed, the struggle would've been a lot worse with MICS. You alluded to Hendersonville's speed earlier but having seen both Hendersonville wasn't in the same ballpark athletically as MICS.

#316 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

My honest opinion after seeing the two teams is MICS was a tougher matchup for Mitchell than Murphy was. Mitchell struggled with Murphy's speed, the struggle would've been a lot worse with MICS. You alluded to Hendersonville's speed earlier but having seen both Hendersonville wasn't in the same ballpark athletically as MICS.

We mountain folks might as well call it as it is..I've watched over a dozen State Championships and probably even more Western regional Championships.I don't ever recall a team in 1A coming up to the mountains with as much speed or athleticism as what MICS brought last year..Had they been around the last 8-10 years, Murphy, Robbinsville and Plymouth would probably all have seen a reduction in their Championships or Championship appearances..Do I think MICS will handle Murphy this year??????.....NO

#317 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

We mountain folks might as well call it as it is..I've watched over a dozen State Championships and probably even more Western regional Championships.I don't ever recall a team in 1A coming up to the mountains with as much speed or athleticism as what MICS brought last year..Had they been around the last 8-10 years, Murphy, Robbinsville and Plymouth would probably all have seen a reduction in their Championships or Championship appearances..Do I think MICS will handle Murphy this year??????.....NO

Well Thomasville and Graham played at Robbinsville in 1999 and I believe Graham played at Swain in 2000. Did you see those teams? I'm asking because I didn't, so I can't say whether those teams were as fast as MICS. The Albemarle team that came to Murphy in 2013 was fast but the game was played in a monsoon so it's hard to
compare them to MICS. I know that the 2011 and 2012 Albemarle teams that Murphy traveled to play were very close. The 2005 Thomasville team that beat Murphy (at Thomasville) was definitely better than MICS. They had MICS speed plus a huge, dominating line on both sides of the ball. That whole team was huge except for some of the skill people. That was one of the two or three best 1a high school teams that I have ever seen.

#318 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

WM at Swain in 2011, WM had speed all over the field.

#319 pollo_loco

pollo_loco

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

Yeah that WM/Swain game was intense. WM really did have speed everywhere haha.

#320 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

Couldn't believe we blew a 28 point lead but it happens every once in awhile

#321 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

Well Thomasville and Graham played at Robbinsville in 1999 and I believe Graham played at Swain in 2000. Did you see those teams? I'm asking because I didn't, so I can't say whether those teams were as fast as MICS. The Albemarle team that came to Murphy in 2013 was fast but the game was played in a monsoon so it's hard to
compare them to MICS. I know that the 2011 and 2012 Albemarle teams that Murphy traveled to play were very close. The 2005 Thomasville team that beat Murphy (at Thomasville) was definitely better than MICS. They had MICS speed plus a huge, dominating line on both sides of the ball. That whole team was huge except for some of the skill people. That was one of the two or three best 1a high school teams that I have ever seen.

The teams that Graham and Thomasville brought to Graham County in 99 were fast,but nothing like I saw out of AW and a few of his buddies at the Hill last year when MICS visited.. Robbinsville pretty much had their way with Thomasville and even led Graham by 2 or 3 TDs before giving up a late 80 yd bomb for the win

#322 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

The teams that Graham and Thomasville brought to Graham County in 99 were fast,but nothing like I saw out of AW and a few of his buddies at the Hill last year when MICS visited.. Robbinsville pretty much had their way with Thomasville and even led Graham by 2 or 3 TDs before giving up a late 80 yd bomb for the win

Dang. I remember that Robbinsville team. Can't believe they didn't win it all.

#323 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:23 AM

I saw all those teams GoodKnight mentioned and he's dead on. MICS was fast at every skill position, probably the fastest team speed outside of Piedmont teams I've seen in a long time. That Graham team that beat Swain around 2000 was pretty fast but not like some of the other fast teams that have came up here. West had speed everywhere and so did a couple of those early Starmount and Cummings teams from the late 90's.

P.R. Graham

SMC

The standard in 1A since 1969

26 state titles in 35 apperances

22 consecutive finals appearances

SMC 1A/2A 32 state titles

#324 Magnum

Magnum

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

Teams like Murphy and Mitchell very rarely see real speed every year. They schedule around it as much as possible.

#325 NC nole fan

NC nole fan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

Teams like Murphy and Mitchell very rarely see real speed every year. They schedule around it as much as possible.

Such a stupid post that it doesn't even deserve a response. But clearly, Murphy can't deal with speed. It's not like they are defending state champs or something....oh wait!

JeffChapman-Dynamic