Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

The Demise of the Burlington Cummings program?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:34 PM

I don't know if this has been discussed or not on this site. What has happen to the Burlington Cummings program? For years that school was one the most athletic programs in the State. Not only in football, but basketball, and track. I use to make trip to Burlington to watch them play. They were fun team to watch. And now I hear they might not have enough kid to field a football team. For the last couple of years they have been really down. I am sure someone shed some light on this topic.

#2 Sam Spencer

Sam Spencer

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 237 posts
  • Email:CoachSpencer82@yahoo.com

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

Coached a tennis match there last week, had never been there before.  Took a look around the gym and weight room areas, they certainly have a good history in football and track.  Championship pictures all over the place, some of the football pictures as recent as 2006 I believe.  I hope they can get it going again.

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,428 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

Many factors. The retirement or movement of many of the top coaches that had been institutions there, primarily Steve Johnson and Jay Perdue.

A shift in demographics, and a rise in Hispanic population are major factors too.

JeffChapman-Dynamic