Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

My early 2017 NPC Prediction

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:26 PM

1.West Rowan-  More than likely be the preseason favorite. Record 9-2

2.South Iredell- The changing of the Coaching Staff, one of their key players having knee surgery, and all the drama that is going on at South. They can still compete for a Conference Championship. Record 7-4

3. Statesville- After a bad and excuse oriented season. The Hounds should show some improvement and have a good shot at competing for Conference Championship. Record 7-4

4. Carson- They could be the darkhorse and play spoiler in the NPC. With Pinyman Coaching don't overlook Carson. Record 6-5

5. East Rowan- They lost a lot of their key players and a coaching change. Record 3-8

6.North Iredell- The Raiders JVs showed improvement, but will it translated to the Varsity?. Campbell will be their best player, but struggles with injuries. Record 1-10

Anyone want to challenge my thoughts and predictions?   

#2 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

Not going to challenge But what South Iredell has moving up to play like I've said I'll be surprised if they brake 500...Statesville should be ok ...I am glad it's all over for my son now lol But I will be going to home games at SI just to support the team it's going to be a up hill battle hopefully drama free lol ....

#3 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

1.West Rowan- More than likely be the preseason favorite. Record 9-2

2.South Iredell- The changing of the Coaching Staff, one of their key players having knee surgery, and all the drama that is going on at South. They can still compete for a Conference Championship. Record 7-4

3. Statesville- After a bad and excuse oriented season. The Hounds should show some improvement and have a good shot at competing for Conference Championship. Record 7-4

4. Carson- They could be the darkhorse and play spoiler in the NPC. With Pinyman Coaching don't overlook Carson. Record 6-5

5. East Rowan- They lost a lot of their key players and a coaching change. Record 3-8

6.North Iredell- The Raiders JVs showed improvement, but will it translated to the Varsity?. Campbell will be their best player, but struggles with injuries. Record 1-10

Anyone want to challenge my thoughts and predictions?

1. West Rowan
2. South Iredell
3. Statesville
4. Carson
5. East Rowan
6. NI

WR: Loss some talent but still returns a few good players and They have a great HC and They should have a good season.

SI: With Coaching changes and Dydrion Leach having a Torn Achilles Tendon this will have affect on SI season. I think still they have talent and will do well but can they win conference without Leach?

Statesville: Statesville should improved with some good young talent moving up. Statesville should have a good season but It will be on how Statesville performs every Friday night if they can win conference

Carson: They lost a lot but Carson will be competitive and Should have a decent season and Joe Piyan will be the different marker

East Rowan: they have a new HC so I think they will be competitive but I think lost a lot so they will be rebuilding but they could be good in next couple of years.

North Iredell: NI will have a tough fight to not finish last in this conference but idk if they have enough do so, With young talent moving up n losing some talent should be another rough season for the Raider Nation

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#4 stickwolf

stickwolf

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

1. West Rowan
2. South Iredell
3. Statesville
4. Carson
5. East Rowan
6. NI

WR: Loss some talent but still returns a few good players and They have a great HC and They should have a good season.

SI: With Coaching changes and Dydrion Leach having a Torn Achilles Tendon this will have affect on SI season. I think still they have talent and will do well but can they win conference without Leach?

Statesville: Statesville should improved with some good young talent moving up. Statesville should have a good season but It will be on how Statesville performs every Friday night if they can win conference

Carson: They lost a lot but Carson will be competitive and Should have a decent season and Joe Piyan will be the different marker

East Rowan: they have a new HC so I think they will be competitive but I think lost a lot so they will be rebuilding but they could be good in next couple of years.

North Iredell: NI will have a tough fight to not finish last in this conference but idk if they have enough do so, With young talent moving up n losing some talent should be another rough season for the Raider Nation

Man ya'll killing me. HA. really hard to argue though until something is proven on the field. All I know is I'm ready to fast forward to August and see what happens. Excited about the new conference, hope it translates into a tad more success for the Raiders. No where to go but up .

#5 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

I'm not sold on South Iredell myself-- but with that being said this conference is pretty winnable, I don't see them finishing any lower than 3rd at absolute worst.

Right now, here's how I'd have it

1) West Rowan... could be a New England Patriots scenario where they never lose a conference championship

2) South Iredell- the potential is there for a big big year. Tough non conference schedule will prepare them for the conference unquestionably.

3) Statesville- the dark horse team for me. They've got the athletes. A lot will depend on the development of Young at QB. Greyhounds were a turnover machine last year, that will have to be cleaned up

4A) Carson
4B) East Rowan... think these two are very close. And actually I think that gap from 2-5 is very small... one back week could shake it up dramatically
6) North Iredell- still in a rebuild mode, think you'll see some progress this year

#6 HoundBooster84

HoundBooster84

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

Seems like the same old prediction for Statesville.  Could be the year but most likely upper middle tier of the conference.  Minus 2012 that prediction usually comes true.

#7 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:02 PM

Seems like the same old prediction for Statesville.  Could be the year but most likely upper middle tier of the conference.  Minus 2012 that prediction usually comes true.

I cant say who but Statesville is losing one of their biggest returners from last yr

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#8 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

It's going to be Ugly for the NPC this coming season

#9 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

It's going to be Ugly for the NPC this coming season

I think In General The NPC will be Down with only expectation maybe being SI but I think every will be competitive but I think It will be too heavy with Top 3-4 teams

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#10 twinpeeks

twinpeeks

Established Member

• Members
  • 914 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:39 AM

coach young helping at statesville this year

#11 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:52 AM

coach young helping at statesville this year

Yes, he is coaching at Statesville. His son  will be a senior and currently  labled as the starting QB. I think Young will coach one more season at SHS and will probably move on to be a HC somewhere in 2018. 

#12 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:00 AM

I'm not sold on South Iredell myself-- but with that being said this conference is pretty winnable, I don't see them finishing any lower than 3rd at absolute worst.

Right now, here's how I'd have it

1) West Rowan... could be a New England Patriots scenario where they never lose a conference championship

2) South Iredell- the potential is there for a big big year. Tough non conference schedule will prepare them for the conference unquestionably.

3) Statesville- the dark horse team for me. They've got the athletes. A lot will depend on the development of Young at QB. Greyhounds were a turnover machine last year, that will have to be cleaned up

4A) Carson
4B) East Rowan... think these two are very close. And actually I think that gap from 2-5 is very small... one back week could shake it up dramatically
6) North Iredell- still in a rebuild mode, think you'll see some progress this year

North Iredell JV showed some improvement last year. The ? is could it get more kids to want to go out for football.

For Statesville the OL should be fine. The offense will need to reduce the turnovers and the skill players do have speed ,but they all need to step it up and play a big role. Get serious. The importance of the defense? How serious do the coaches have for importance of the defense at SHS? Been awful for years especially last year.

#13 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

South Iredell's QB Brady Pope will be going to UNCC 49s ...I think he will do good at Charlotte Hope he can have a good senior year tougher schedule this coming season I'll be at the home games Good luck Brady

#14 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

Is Leach still missing out his senior season due to knee surgery?

#15 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

[quote name="Vik-Val 86" post="287780" timestamp="1494553781"]

Is Leach still missing out his senior season due to knee surgery?[/quote\]

My personal opinion it depends on him but o would if everything go well maybe be back middle season or so

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#16 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

My son is a senior at SI He said Leach is out for his senior year ...That's to bad for the kid

#17 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:20 PM

I hate to hear that. That takes away a lot from the offense. I was thinking if he could play then SI would have a shot at conference title. But I still think they can compete at least being in 2nd place. Maybe.

#18 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

My son is a senior at SI He said Leach is out for his senior year ...That's to bad for the kid

Anything possible so

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#19 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

i didn't think L. Smith for SI would return after being injured the first game. This was back in 2012. Not sure of the extent of injury but I remember he would be out possibly for the rest of the season. Before the end of the regular season he was back and they would end up winning the 2AA State Championship game. Without him I doubt seriously they would have gone all the way. Young people do heal quicker. Hopefully this will be the case for Leach.

#20 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

i didn't think L. Smith for SI would return after being injured the first game. This was back in 2012. Not sure of the extent of injury but I remember he would be out possibly for the rest of the season. Before the end of the regular season he was back and they would end up winning the 2AA State Championship game. Without him I doubt seriously they would have gone all the way. Young people do heal quicker. Hopefully this will be the case for Leach.

only reason why i said anything is possible is if he work hard and does well and stuff he could be back in 3 months or something but it would be late in the season but if not , i hate it for him

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#21 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Established Member

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

1) West Rowan...easily the class of the conference, they have to stay healthy and will control their own destiny

2) South Iredell- Overall vs Conference and conference is where this rank gets.

3) Statesville- Young is great, defense may be an issue. Will score plenty - improve technique and discipline they could sneak away and even knock West off.

4) Carson - well very average team and average conference. Next. Lost a lot.

5) N. iredell - monster athlete in Campbell - should surprise a few of the bottom half teams here

6) East - New coach lost a ton rebuilding year easy call.

#22 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

1) West Rowan...easily the class of the conference, they have to stay healthy and will control their own destiny

2) South Iredell- Overall vs Conference and conference is where this rank gets.

3) Statesville- Young is great, defense may be an issue. Will score plenty - improve technique and discipline they could sneak away and even knock West off.

4) Carson - well very average team and average conference. Next. Lost a lot.

5) N. iredell - monster athlete in Campbell - should surprise a few of the bottom half teams here

6) East - New coach lost a ton rebuilding year easy call.

Statesville avg 20ish pts per game last yr idk how much scoring they do but yes they will score on bottom half but can they score on good team they play like LKN, West Rowan , SI and few others

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#23 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

I think Statesville will be a much improved team. They could battle out maybe 2 spot depending how well S. Iredell and West Rowan plays against them. I think at this point West Rowan will be 1 and South 2 but at this point it's a wait and see situation.

#24 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

I think Statesville will be a much improved team. They could battle out maybe 2 spot depending how well S. Iredell and West Rowan plays against them. I think at this point West Rowan will be 1 and South 2 but at this point it's a wait and see situation.

I don't know how "Much improved" they be, They lost some key players but Do return some like J'Quan Harris and Brandon Joyner and few others, They will some JV players coming up as well.

I think at worst statesville finishes 3-4 and At best 2nd. It all depends how Statesville plays, Past Few yrs they shot themselves in the foot.

I think the Biggest Question is Who will be the starting QB? also If Young starts at QB, How much improved will he be from last season.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#25 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

South Iredells #99 6'5" 250 Jr.. DE Chandler Medeiros Has D1 offers from Old dominion ...NCstate .....DUKE More to come I am sure great player fast and strong

JeffChapman-Dynamic