Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

West Montgomery head football coaching situation?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 new_dawg

new_dawg

JV Team

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

I haven't heard one word of it. I guess it's being kept quiet, which is not normal around her. Possible yes reality, no.

That's the reason I asked.   I have two relatives who teach in the Montgomery County school system (WM feeder schools), and they have heard nothing at all about a charter high school opening in the WM area.    If this is planned, as WM 1977 says, it's not something that can be put together on a whim.     There must be a stated mission which must show the need for a charter high school (and just being PO'd over the consolidation of schools won't cut it!).  The school must have a board of directors, there must be MAJOR funds raised and available, a charter application has to be filed, and most importantly, it must be approved before any state funding will come the school's way.   

This would not be a quick or simple process...just ask any of the people who were in on getting Gray Stone established.   If the folks on the West side of MC plan on doing this, I wish them the best, but hope they know what they are getting into.    When the NC legislature did away with the cap on charter schools, it made the process a little easier, but by no means easy.

#27 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

Yeah I wouldn't expect a Charter at all in Montgomery County. Population just isn't here. That's just my opinion. Timberwolves in 3A or 2AA will be in title discussion every year with the right coach, no doubt about it.

JeffChapman-Dynamic