Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Early Yadkin Valley Conference predictions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,456 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

Yadkin Valley Conference 2017 predictions

1) North Rowan

2) West Montgomery

3) North Stanly

4) North Moore

5) South Stanly

6) Chatham Central 

7) Albemarle

8) South Davidson

The more things change, the more some things stay the same.  East Montgomery moves up to 2A and leaves the conference.  North Rowan drops from 2A and rejoins the conference.  Other than a battle for the conference title between the Cavaliers and Warriors, the finish from third place down stays the same.

I've got to give North Rowan the top spot over West Montgomery because the Cavaliers have played tougher schedules the past four seasons.  I'm not sure how the head coaching change will affect West, but hopefully, the Warriors will still stay competitive.

After that, it's the same ol' song and dance from third place on down.  Will North Stanly play "spoiler" in the conference?  Seems like North Moore will be in "rebuilding mode" after losing a bunch of seniors.  But, will the Mustangs be competitive and stay in the top tier of the league or fall into the lower half of the conference?

Can South Stanly or Chatham Central escape the lower tier of the conference?  I think the Bears will be improved.  But, how much?  

Finally, is there any hope of Albemarle ever returning to its "glory days" or, at least be competitive?  And, will South Davidson even field a team next season?

#2 FBfan70

FBfan70

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

Top 3 look good. But I do think Alb moves up this year. I think they beat SD, CC and SS. Possibly beat NM as well with all the losses they've had to graduation the last 2 years.

#3 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

West returns as champs, no matter who the coach is. To much talent returning.

JeffChapman-Dynamic