Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

South Iredell high 2017 football schedule

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

Aug. 18. vs. Rocky River
Aug 25. @ West Iredell
Sept. 1. vs. Lake Norman
Sept. 8 vs. Cox Mill
Sept. 15 @ Mooresville
Sept. 22 @ West Forsyth
Sept. 29 Open
Oct. 6 vs. Statesville
Oct. 13. @ West Rowan
Oct. 20 vs. East Rowan
Oct. 27 @ North Iredell
Nov. 3 vs. Carson, Jesse C.

Looks to be a stout schedule for the Vikings. Especially the non conference. Hopefully the non conference will prepare then for the conference. Not sure at this point how good South will do this year. I feel like they could hold their own in the conference. Any thoughts or comments.

#2 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

Aug. 18. vs. Rocky River
Aug 25. @ West Iredell
Sept. 1. vs. Lake Norman
Sept. 8 vs. Cox Mill
Sept. 15 @ Mooresville
Sept. 22 @ West Forsyth
Sept. 29 Open
Oct. 6 vs. Statesville
Oct. 13. @ West Rowan
Oct. 20 vs. East Rowan
Oct. 27 @ North Iredell
Nov. 3 vs. Carson, Jesse C.

Looks to be a stout schedule for the Vikings. Especially the non conference. Hopefully the non conference will prepare then for the conference. Not sure at this point how good South will do this year. I feel like they could hold their own in the conference. Any thoughts or comments.

RR- W due  to RR is rebuilding n also New coach

WI: WI is a win

LKN: They lost a lot but NEVER doubt LKN With Mcneely but Ill give Si A slight edge so W but this one is a toss up for me

Cox Mill: They are down but they do have speed so they could keep up with Si But Ill take SI

@Mooresville: This could be a good game n With Mooresville being down , this will be a good test for Mooresville and but i'll give the edge to SI but Mooresville is tough to beat at Home so Its a toss up as well

@WF: This also be a Very funny game to watch with the speed n athleticism but I give WF the edge but they are tough n they are very good so Ill take WF!

So Note SI could go 5-1 or at worst- 3-3

SI vs Statesville: Again History wise hurt Si BUT they proved me wrong last yr with the thumbing of Statesville but I think this game will be a good one but Ill take SI bc with Statesville, QB will key thing in the off season n Statesville did lose some key talent so SI with the edge!

@WR: These 2 teams, they are complete opposites as One is more Run first n other is slings the ball .... With that being said, WR is usually is always a quality opponent n never goes down but If SI can beat WR's DB then Si WIN but iF WR control the tempo n does well defensing the pass then WR win.........TOSS UP!

East Rowan: ER is down n new coach so Ill take Si HERE but ER will be competitive n they will not quit!

NI: NI Losses a lot and I think have some key players this yr idk if they have enough to slow down Si So ill take Si HERE!

Carson: Same as ER!

So Best: Undefeated n Conference Champs n or 1 loss in conference *Could still be conference champs

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#3 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:03 PM

BlUEDEVILSBIGGESTFAN I hope you are right. That better than what I was giving them. I do believe they will finish at the top in the conference even if it's 2 place.

#4 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

BlUEDEVILSBIGGESTFAN I hope you are right. That better than what I was giving them. I do believe they will finish at the top in the conference even if it's 2 place.

SI Should still be a very strong team but Lines will the questions bc last yr your lines didnt do well but U still 3 of the 4 explosive players on Offense with Brady Pope , China (Leach), Tavis White ..... I think WEST Rowan dominates this conference but I could be wrong bc one thing is they didnt have the sides n the DBs were to great last season, if u can pass on WR u can win bc WR is a RUN first team!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#5 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

With 99% of SI coaching staff quitting. This coming season will be tuff I'll be surprised if they reach 500 Leach has to have knee surgery so he's out most of his senior year if not all of it ....Tavis and Pope have ALOT to carry Because not a lot moving up

#6 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

With 99% of SI coaching staff quitting. This coming season will be tuff I'll be surprised if they reach 500 Leach has to have knee surgery so he's out most of his senior year if not all of it ....Tavis and Pope have ALOT to carry Because not a lot moving up

I haven't heard anything bout Leach having Knee surgery

With staff, Yes it may be tuff all the coaches that they r bringing in should be good

Well if Leach is out , u have Pope, White, A. Adams n a few others

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#7 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Yeah sucks for Leach ...But still a tuff schedule Pope won't have as many targets this season

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:52 AM

Yeah sucks for Leach ...But still a tuff schedule Pope won't have as many targets this season

He still have 2-3 but SI needs a RUNNING ATTACK, i felt like last yr for the most part they passed a ton but year before in 2015 they were balance and Tavis white is a good run so i hope he get the reps!!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

Let's just hope that Pope can stay healthy. Not sure if they have a backup QB that will be ready in place.

#10 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

True hope he can stay healthy...Back up is last years Jv QB Dowdly not sure if I spelled that right lol ...He played in a hand full of our Varsity games this past season...Not a very strong arm and his height is short unless he grows over the summer....It just sucks about Leach going into his senior year and not playing I hope he can get offers from junior year high lights

#11 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

That West Forsyth game.... wow. South hasn't seen anything like that. Gonna be tough.

I think that Rocky River game will be tough, but a win.

Honestly at most I see 4 losses... but I'm thinking South goes 8-3.

#12 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

Find it interesting that West Forsyth is starting to play some Iredell County teams. Potential foreshadowing? Hmmm

JeffChapman-Dynamic