Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Most Overllooked Talented Player in NC This Year

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Jdct14u

Jdct14u

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:05 PM

Gabriel Gonzalez from Eastern Alamance. He has only one P-5 offer . But his film looks better than some 4**** and at the Shrine Bowl Tryouts He was by far the most Talanted O-lineman. One of his teammates said he ran a 4.56 10-5-10 shuttle which is un heard of by a lineman and a 5.04 forty that's fast for 280 lbs just do not know why he does not have more P-5 offers.

#27 footballforever

footballforever

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

Just watch his film.  Film don't lie.  Too much emphasis put on what kids can do in shorts and t-shirts.  Last I checked, football was still played in pads and helmets.  Heart and effort isn't even a consideration anymore in recruiting. I just don't get it!!

#28 Jdct14u

Jdct14u

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

I have not seen this kid in shorts . All his film is in Pads . He is a beast !!! He loves to hit!!! He's just a beast that is very athletic,

#29 footballforever

footballforever

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

Sorry for the misunderstanding Jdct14u.  My rant above was not about that kid from EA specifically, but about recruiting in general.  Sorry for the lack of clarity in my response.

#30 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,125 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:04 PM

Joey Curry QB Murphy High, rising senior. Curry has good size at 6'2 190 lbs, a strong arm, accurate and a solid athlete. Also possesses the intelligence and leaderships qualities for the position. The best player for the #2 ranked team in 1A preseason by both Maxpreps and Carolina Preps (behind only Tarboro).

Curry only threw one interception all season, which was in state title game where he showed amazing toughness in playing all but one play of the game with a deep cut on his throwing hand (that would later require stitches) as well as a sprained ankle.

Has strong bloodlines, brother Michael was freshmen All American catcher at the University of Georgia last season and is currently in contention for full All American honors this season batting .331 with 9 HRs. Joey is an excellent baseball player in his own right, current batting average is .600 and plays premium position of shortstop.

Curry is overlooked because he plays at the 1A level and plays for a team that is run heavy, has the tools to play at the next level and hopefully gets that opportunity.

JeffChapman-Dynamic