Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Most Overllooked Talented Player in NC This Year

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#26 Jdct14u

Jdct14u

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:05 PM

Gabriel Gonzalez from Eastern Alamance. He has only one P-5 offer . But his film looks better than some 4**** and at the Shrine Bowl Tryouts He was by far the most Talanted O-lineman. One of his teammates said he ran a 4.56 10-5-10 shuttle which is un heard of by a lineman and a 5.04 forty that's fast for 280 lbs just do not know why he does not have more P-5 offers.

#27 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

Just watch his film.  Film don't lie.  Too much emphasis put on what kids can do in shorts and t-shirts.  Last I checked, football was still played in pads and helmets.  Heart and effort isn't even a consideration anymore in recruiting. I just don't get it!!

#28 Jdct14u

Jdct14u

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

I have not seen this kid in shorts . All his film is in Pads . He is a beast !!! He loves to hit!!! He's just a beast that is very athletic,

#29 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:27 AM

Sorry for the misunderstanding Jdct14u.  My rant above was not about that kid from EA specifically, but about recruiting in general.  Sorry for the lack of clarity in my response.

#30 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:04 PM

Joey Curry QB Murphy High, rising senior. Curry has good size at 6'2 190 lbs, a strong arm, accurate and a solid athlete. Also possesses the intelligence and leadership qualities for the position. The best player for the #2 ranked team in 1A preseason by both Maxpreps and Carolina Preps (behind only Tarboro).

Curry only threw one interception all season, which was in state title game where he showed amazing toughness in playing all but one play of the game with a deep cut on his throwing hand (that would later require stitches) as well as a sprained ankle.

Has strong bloodlines, brother Michael was a freshmen All American catcher at the University of Georgia last season and is currently in contention for full All American honors this season batting .331 with 9 HRs. Joey is an excellent baseball player in his own right, current batting average is .614 and plays premium position of shortstop.

Curry is overlooked because he plays at the 1A level and plays for a team that is run heavy, has the tools to play at the next level and hopefully gets that opportunity.

#31 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

SMC, do you see Curry playing football or baseball at the next level?

#32 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

I understand Christman's recruiting at WA has really picked up lately including several FCS offers and even potentially an ACC offer.  The kid deserves it and he will once again prove it this year!

#33 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

SMC, do you see Curry playing football or baseball at the next level?

I think his first choice is football, but it will depend on what type of offers he ultimately ends up with in each sport I think.

#34 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

There is no money in baseball scholarships.  Go the football route and get your 100%.  Its a no brainer

#35 BlindsideNC2016

BlindsideNC2016

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

I have to say, I'm impressed with Christian Daniels. He's quite possibly going to be a standout for the WA team in 2017.

#36 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:23 AM

Daniels is good and will be a key to the offense for WA.  Daniels downfall is toughness just like Mann at EA.  Although he is tougher than Mann, he is not a contact guy at all even with his size.  The key to stopping WA is matching up with Christman.  He is a matchup nightmare for most teams cause they can line him up anywhere and create mismatches.  Very similar to how Stanford used McCaffrey.  He can line up anywhere from slot to wr to rb and yes I think you will see him a qb as well in certain formations as they did that some last year.  He is the key for the other teams defense.  Then you still have to stop him in the return game where he may be most dangerous!

#37 BlindsideNC2016

BlindsideNC2016

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

Total shot in the dark here, but I would venture to say you're Christman's biggest fan.
Haha. Just giving you a hard time.

Daniels deserves a shout out in this particular thread. But I hear he has some offers coming in so his "overlooked" status may be no more.

#38 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

I absolutely am a fan of Christman as well as many other talented players throughout the Conference including Daniels.  I think Christman plays with more heart than anyone in high school football that I have seen in a long time.  I like that type of player no doubt.  No hype, no celebrations, no mouth, just a kid trying to win ball games and give you 110% effort.  That is hard not to pull for.  He and Daniels both are getting big time recruiting interest.

#39 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

Who does EA have getting any looks from an athletic side? (Meaning non lineman and they only have 1 of them)

#40 BlindsideNC2016

BlindsideNC2016

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:56 AM

Not sure specifics, but I've heard rumblings of quite a few coaches coming to EA Spring practice which starts this week. Gonzales is bringing in a lot, but there are other players who are on the radar. Time will tell.

#41 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

They certainly have a few lineman that will get looks, but I don't see any athletes this year.  Really since Lamot has been gone!

#42 EA99EAGLE

EA99EAGLE

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

Gabe now has offers from:  Duke, NC State, WF, ECU, Minnesota, UCF, App st, as well as some smaller schools.

#43 PureBull

PureBull

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:05 AM

Atrocious comments and completely out of bounds. Do you feel better now?

#44 PureBull

PureBull

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

Truth hurts. I'm just saying it the way I see it. Don't come here and make a topic just so you can promote your kid and make him out to be what he is not. And at the same time talk trash about other kids. Baseball or Football his talent is just good enough to play at High School level. He wont be fooling more talented player at the College level, he will get knock around. To tell you the truth I don't even know what position he plays, since they want to make him out to be a do it all type player. And that's hurting him more than helping him.

PS. I don't feel better, I feel great. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

#45 PureBull

PureBull

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

Congratulations.

#46 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

FootballCrazyFan, you are an idiot but thank you for the bulletin board material! No, I am not his father but I know the family and they are very modest and humble people as I hear Jake is the same way. One of his best attributes is his heart, work ethic, and how hard he plays. You obviously don't know much about that! Keep hating and just watch and see. In my opinion he is by far the most dynamic player in the conference. And btw, please tell me where I belittled any other player. Just shut up and quit hating you jealous bafoon. He has many offers coming this summer. He has to get over that 5'11" stigma everyone who knows anything about recruiting knows about! You may not want him, but us WA fans will take him any day!! Hope you feel good about yourself talking ill about a teenager you bafoon!!

#47 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

Sounds like a typical EA fan! Talk about delusional

#48 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

Man, you making your case worse and worse with every word you say.  So you are a Western Alamance fan huh! Sounds like a bit of jealousy. I can only imagine who you might be lol! My bad on saying Christman is good.  You have now convinced me otherwise.  He's trash.  He is slow, can't catch, and doesn't even play hard.  On second thought he should give it up because he won't help the team at all.  This is ridiculous.  We just a bunch of fan's that don't have a say so in anything.  I agree there needs to a lot more balance on offense from last year.  This team has the potential to be really good but it takes 11 guys working hard together. I hope your attitude doesn't reflect any person on the team.  Don't we want the same thing at the end of the day?

#49 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

And by the way, what happened to your earlier bashing posts? Did you get a heart and take them down or did you get a slap on the hand by the message board police lol! If you are going to say something at least be a man and back it up!

#50 footballforever

footballforever

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

And lastly, who do you think are the top options for the WA offense? You got Daniels (who dictates what Christman does by getting him the ball) then Annilus who is a beast between the tackles and an animal on defense.  Then who?  If they have a couple more guys that you put in front of Christman then they are going to be really, really good! Your thoughts?

As far as playing recklessly, what do you mean by that? If flying to the ball and laying out the ball carrier or receiver is reckless then yeah! Jakes your guy.  Wouldn't want that on my team lol!

JeffChapman-Dynamic