Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Jimmy Williams steps down at West Johnston

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,996 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

Jimmy Williams has stepped down as the head football coach at West Johnston to become the AD at Clayton HS.  Williams has had a very successful coaching career posting a 114-94 record at East Wake and West Johnston. 

West Johnston should be a very good job, I'm not sure who they'll pursue but I could see this being a very competitive hiring process.  The pay is very good in Johnston County and their school and facilities is great. 

The first names that comes to mind is former Franklinton / East Meck head coach Jeremy Buck.  I could also see former Knightdale / Burns head coach Robert Senseny as a solid replacement. 

Other names that come to mind are former South Johnston head coach Joe Salas, current Princeton head coach Travis Gaster, current South Lenoir head coach Jeremy Joyner, or maybe even former Crest head coach Will Clark. 

Given the quality stature of the program, I'm sure a fair number of highly qualified coaches will apply. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic