Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Wheatmore Coaching Vacancy???

2A Football

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Randolphcountyfb

Randolphcountyfb

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

Yeah, he would be. I am interested to see how it plays out. Rick Halo did a excellent job hiring Kelly, so a little more pressure on this hire.I thought Jacob Sheffield and the DC from thomasville would have been good people to bring in. Also the OC from Glen would have been good if he was interested 

#27 RC12

RC12

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

Yeah, he would be. I am interested to see how it plays out. Rick Halo did a excellent job hiring Kelly, so a little more pressure on this hire.I thought Jacob Sheffield and the DC from thomasville would have been good people to bring in. Also the OC from Glen would have been good if he was interested 

Hard to compare basketball and football in the Trinity/Archdale area. Basketball is the priority in that area. The two schools are at a massive disadvantage with the way the middle school is set up. There is no way to build depth in Football. Most of the 9th graders at each school probably never played at ATMS

#28 FootballLife78

FootballLife78

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

Does Asheboro opening affect any ER guys?? Maybe a Morris or Six

#29 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

May.

Just announced George leaving so doors are opening everywhere.

#30 Randolphcountyfb

Randolphcountyfb

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

I have a feeling I know who the head coach will be, but I am not gonna say. It's going to create shockwaves. Many people will be mad

#31 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

I have a feeling I know who the head coach will be, but I am not gonna say. It's going to create shockwaves. Many people will be mad

Now that is how you create a tease.

You ever write for the TV show "Dallas"?  :)

#32 FBfan70

FBfan70

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:05 AM

Hanner??? 

#33 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

Any updates on this coaching search? 

#34 Randolphcountyfb

Randolphcountyfb

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

A decision has been made, it will be told to the public tomorrow around lunch time. I am expecting they name Phillip Yarbrough. Very interesting hire.

#35 Randolphcountyfb

Randolphcountyfb

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

Phillip Yarbrough named head coached

#36 RC12

RC12

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:47 AM

Odd

#37 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

Congratulations to Yarbrough and Wheatmore. Was he on staff last year?

#38 Randolphcountyfb

Randolphcountyfb

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

No he was not. It was said that football took up
To much time

#39 Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:32 AM

TRINITY — Philip Yarbrough is the new head football coach at Wheatmore in addition to his role as wrestling coach, the school’s athletics directory Rick Halo announced Thursday. Yarbrough fills the void left by the departure of Jason Bradley to become head football coach at Southern Guilford. Halo said Yarbrough has six seasons of experience on the Wheatmore football staff, including two as head junior varsity coach, but did not coach football last season.“He’s been at the school a long time,” Halo said. “He knows the kids well and it helps that he’s had a successful wrestling program. He was a guy we could get without a big change over, and he did a really good job with the junior varsity team.”

Yarbrough will continue to coach wrestling.

“He plans on doing both,” Halo said. “He has a lot of kids coming back in wrestling so he wanted to continue with that.”

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2A Football

JeffChapman-Dynamic