Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Crest vs Weddington

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 smashmouth5

smashmouth5

JV Team

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

Should be a fun non con match-up.

#2 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,333 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

I hope so, I helped set this game up!

#3 2AADirtyBirds

2AADirtyBirds

JV Team

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

Should be a good game!

#4 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,333 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:18 PM

It's is week 5. My apologies. I made a mistake posting on road without paying attention.

#5 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,333 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

Here is the complete Crest 2017 football schedule.

Link:  CarolinaPreps.com Team Page: Crest High School 

#6 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:04 AM

I would not be surprised if Crest began the season at 2-2 with the strength of the nonconference season. Regardless it may still be a very good year for the ponies. I still see Crest as the favorite to win their conference. The games I watched Crest play last year looked very odd as the kids looked disorganized and disinterested. They played much like I would image a practice was. Very slow to get ready. Slow to get plays in. Slow to get off the turf. Could not line up properly. The line was young.

Not enough credit has ever been given to the real performers of the previous three years during the championships. Those linemen made a lot of average guys look very good. Go back and look at the running backs hide behind the line till the lanes opened. They made a couple guys look terrific.

#7 crestcharger02

crestcharger02

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:33 AM

Four straight road games will be tough. Might have to make the drive on Sep 15 to see Crest and Weddington.

#8 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,333 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

FYI, the game is AT CREST.... it was a mistake on my part entering it as a road game.  

#9 FBfan70

FBfan70

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

I would not be surprised if Crest began the season at 2-2 with the strength of the nonconference season. Regardless it may still be a very good year for the ponies. I still see Crest as the favorite to win their conference. The games I watched Crest play last year looked very odd as the kids looked disorganized and disinterested. They played much like I would image a practice was. Very slow to get ready. Slow to get plays in. Slow to get off the turf. Could not line up properly. The line was young.

Not enough credit has ever been given to the real performers of the previous three years during the championships. Those linemen made a lot of average guys look very good. Go back and look at the running backs hide behind the line till the lanes opened. They made a couple guys look terrific.

Get ready to see great Oline play again at Crest. Coach Eddins is a former Olineman and coached under one of the best Oline coaches in the state (Hoggard). So Eddins will definitely have those boys up front ready to play

#10 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

Hope you're right about the line. Crest's line was driven into the backfield last year. I see a year of maturity making the line better. But from my view they had a difficult time with being taught how to isolate antackler from the play. More of a pushing match.

#11 tb1978

tb1978

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:24 PM

First the week is wrong then location man you get me everywhere! Regardless of location I'll be there. Get a good look at Weddington before they play CC too. 

We should have gone for two up there in 2015 and never let that game get to overtime.

what a great place to see a football  game in mid-September

#12 Crest91

Crest91

JV Team

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

If crest hadn't lost there QB halfway through, it wouldn't have even been a game. It was like 38-17 until green went down. Defense got wore out, and the offense was giving three and outs running up the middle.

#13 crestcharger02

crestcharger02

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

Hope you're right about the line. Crest's line was driven into the backfield last year. I see a year of maturity making the line better. But from my view they had a difficult time with being taught how to isolate antackler from the play. More of a pushing match.

Right now I'd settle for not being downfield when a pass is completed. 

#14 Cagle89

Cagle89

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

I'll take Weddington! Discipline over Talent here! 

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#15 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

Don't know about the past, but with Eddins they'll have discipline that I can tell u.

#16 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Established Member

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:23 AM

Weddington won in a year where there was much more parity. How much coming back from last year's team? I may have to check this game out myself. I am actually relieved the game is at Crest and not Weddington. Did they ever fix the sewage line problem down there? I know that had been an ongoing thing for quite a while.

#17 Turnme1968

Turnme1968

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:59 AM

Losing 20 seniors will definitely make a huge difference. They will be well coached and very young with decent skill players. It will be an interesting year!!

Not sure about any sewage issues (Mad Dog)?? Been around the area for 15 years and was unaware.

JeffChapman-Dynamic