Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Robbinsville schedule final.

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

All I know is robbinsville has been head a shoulders above the rest of the smc the last 3 years. All sports. I've been to 3 state titles in 3 years.

#27 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:24 PM

As an impartial outsider I would would not say head and shoulders as Murphy played for 2 state titles this season as well as women's bball finishing in top 4.

#28 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:48 PM

They've been so head and shoulders above Murphy that for some strange reason Murphy was ahead of them in the Wells Fargo Cup standings this winter and even more ahead of them after this spring... lol.

Murphy was the #2 ranked public school in the standings behind Mt Airy and 7th overall this winter, I suspect even higher in the overall standings after the spring due to the strong performances of Murphy's boys and girls track teams and their baseball team.

#29 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:02 AM

Observer, that's a dumb statement. We will never be ahead of you in wells cup. We don't have as many sports. Fact is we have be to three titles in 3 years. You are right though. Not head and shoulders. I should if said slightly. But it's still true.

#30 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

i'm curious what sports Murphy has that you don't?

P.R. Graham

SMC

The standard in 1A since 1969

26 state titles in 35 apperances

22 consecutive finals appearances

SMC 1A/2A 32 state titles

#31 Superkase

Superkase

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:26 AM

i'm curious what sports Murphy has that you don't?

The Early College Marathon (where students leave Murphy and trek to the EC), ADM hide-and-seek, and badminton.  

At least that's what I'm expecting the answer to be.

#32 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:31 PM

The only sport(s) that Murphy has that Robbinsville doesn't that I'm aware of is boys and girls soccer and Murphy isn't that good in either. It would make very little difference in Wells Fargo standings.

#33 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

I wasn't talking about a b's points system. I'm talking about titles and appearances. That's what these teams are after. Robbinsville has been in 3 (2-1) state titles in three years. Murphy has been in 2 in 3 years (1-1). And we have a really decent chance at two titles next year.

#34 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

And we have a really decent chance at two titles next year.

As does Murphy... in football and baseball. 'Dogs very likely to be preseason top 3 in both sports next year, they're already preseason #2 in football per CarolinaPreps and Maxpreps (behind Tarboro).

If Emma Stroup wasn't a senior this year I would've said three sports (girls basketball), because they return all their other pieces. I doubt they'll have anything for Mt Airy without her though.

#35 Chandlerdg

Chandlerdg

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

Murphy will not win the state championship in baseball. Once you get out east baseball is a whole different story just like football is in the west.

#36 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

Murphy will not win the state championship in baseball. Once you get out east baseball is a whole different story just like football is in the west.

Ok... I guess that's why Cherryville won it two years ago lol.

Whiteville was head and shoulders the best team out east last season and they're moving up to 2A. Murphy was beating them by 5 runs in game two of the state championship before a big collapse. 'Dogs return basically everyone and get the Barolet brothers from Hayesville, pretty sure they will have an excellent shot at a state title in baseball.

#37 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

Two or three transfers a year really help.
Murphy Prep.

#38 Cold Biscuit

Cold Biscuit

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

Two or three transfers a year really help.
Murphy Prep.

Spencer McCoy and Isaiah Bradley say hello

#39 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

Thats over a 8 years period. And Bradley's dad lives in Robbinsville, always had.

You guys get that many in one year. Funny how its always a kid that plays a position murphy beeds. Talk about a lottery.

#40 Chandlerdg

Chandlerdg

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

Highly doubt that observer. Whatever helps you sleep at night though is what I'd think. I just can't see Murphy winning the state championship in baseball. The seniors that Murphy has this were freshman the year I was a senior. We played them and beat them. That's saying quite a bit considering I'm from andrews. I know a lot happens in 3 years but just can't see them having the talent to win the state. If they do though I'll be rooting them all the way. It's a very hard accomplishment to do in baseball. Some good teams have come through the SC in baseball the past 8 or so years but none have won it. Murphy was the closest back in 2011 or 12 I think it was with Both Coker josh cook and Mark K and cordell

#41 pollo_loco

pollo_loco

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

Oh yeah they don't have the talent to win a title. :lol:  I needed a good laugh at work lol.

#42 Chandlerdg

Chandlerdg

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

Not in baseball they dont. Wait til baseball season rolls around. Football is a different story

#43 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

Murphy lost to the Gatoraide National Player of the year in the finals this year. Why would you think they can not get back to the finals when they return so many players?

P.R. Graham

SMC

The standard in 1A since 1969

26 state titles in 35 apperances

22 consecutive finals appearances

SMC 1A/2A 32 state titles

#44 Chandlerdg

Chandlerdg

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:04 AM

I never said they couldn't make it. They won't win it

#45 Chandlerdg

Chandlerdg

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:04 AM

I never said they couldn't make it. They won't win it

#46 BDWarrior

BDWarrior

Established Member

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

What is the deal with the transfers and early college at Murphy. I have heard a lot about that over the years. Just curious.

#47 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

What is the deal with the transfers and early college at Murphy. I have heard a lot about that over the years. Just curious.

Please don't do this to yourself BDwarrior..here we go again

#48 BDWarrior

BDWarrior

Established Member

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:29 AM

Please don't do this to yourself BDwarrior..here we go again

I could care less about Murphy. I was just curious because I have heard it over the years and didn't quite understand.

#49 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

and early college at Murphy. I have heard a lot about that over the years. Just curious.

You've heard a lot about it because people made an issue out of a non issue. Tri County Early College is located 5 miles east of Murphy and serves students from Murphy, Hiwassee Dam, Andrews and Hayesville. They are their own entity, no affiliation with Murphy High, they even have their sports program now.

#50 BDWarrior

BDWarrior

Established Member

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:56 AM

Do the other schools count those students?

JeffChapman-Dynamic