Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

State Championship results

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

Sportscaster that guy in the Duke jacket was staff for the Blue Devils. He was bringing back Roy's boxers because he had to borrow a pair after he got out coached by the all time winningest bb coach.

Pat Summitt?

Now that would be a story!

#27 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

Pat Summitt?

Now that would be a story!

Haha. Nice try again. You know that girly stuff don't count. You know who daddy is and he is devilish.

#28 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

Haha. Nice try again. You know that girly stuff don't count. You know who daddy is and he is devilish.

Sorry man. Can't let it go. Been laid up with after a bus ride to Moses and boards only fun thing been doing.

Daddy? Nah my daddy ever cussed like that man does you had better watch out, someone was getting a whooping!

Oh you mentioned Roy doing less with what he had than anybody?

Look up how many McD All Americans K has had since Roy came back to UNC.

Now look at how many UNC has had. 

And who has done less with more talent?

Sorry again. Laid up hi tech redneck with a laptop.

#29 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

High tech redneck with a laptop. Too funny. Five national championships, 12 regular season titles, 13 tourney titles, and a butt load of final fours for thw Big K. But you win. I pull for them both. Just don't like Ole Roy's game management. Good luck to both in the big dance and hope all those liberal journalism majors at Carolina get to see a final four with the Blue Devils as well. Go Big Blue (both).

#30 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

High tech redneck with a laptop. Too funny. Five national championships, 12 regular season titles, 13 tourney titles, and a butt load of final fours for thw Big K. But you win. I pull for them both. Just don't like Ole Roy's game management. Good luck to both in the big dance and hope all those liberal journalism majors at Carolina get to see a final four with the Blue Devils as well. Go Big Blue (both).

OK here I go again. Did first rehab today and came home to play on computer:
First Roy William's in game management is terrible. Guess he thinks those time outs carry over like Data on the Verizon plan?

However since Roy came to coach UNC in 2003-4 he has not done too badly:
8 regular season titles
3 ACC tourney titles
4 Final Fours
2 NCAA titles

Coach Ratface in same time period:
3 regular season titles
5 ACC tourney titles
3 Final Fours
2 NCAA titles

And Duke has had many more McD All Americans over that time period.

Now got to go eat some more rabbit food.

And despite my wife's protests I pull for evil empire in NCAA.

Except for Allen. His non basketball moves leave me scratching my head.

#31 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

Grayson Allen is misunderstood. Much like Dennis Rodman. He took Coach K literally when he said "go kick the $heet out of em".

#32 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

Grayson Allen is misunderstood. Much like Dennis Rodman. He took Coach K literally when he said "go kick the $heet out of em".

Misunderstood huh? 

I know you meant that sarcastically but I have to comment just a little on the talented young man and his actions.

Back in olden times when basketball players had to dribble with hand on top of ball instead of on the side (you know "carrying" that call that makes you go huh when the old ref makes it) occasionally you would play against someone who tripped you or grabbed you from behind on breakaway. Have seen it a few times in both organized and pick up games that yes even little old me played in from HS to Woolen gym on light blue campus. Seems to me the result of such an action was followed quickly by either running perpetrator into some very solid screens (organized) or actually squaring up with him (pick up). Either way put an end to such shenanigans and game was allowed to continue.

Flash forward to 2017 and the illegal one handed crossover and 5 step layup games of today. Now everyone just doesn't understand the players who commit these atrocities. The answer is to shield them from public scrutiny or suspend them indefinitely for a game? That really teaches them doesn't it?

But who am I? Nothing compared to a man many seriously do consider the greatest coach of MEN'S basketball there has ever been.

See how I capitalized men's there?

Paying homage to both Pat and Geno.

Sorry GDG I am turning into "Get off my lawn" guy.

And I live in the country. I have a yard.

#33 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

Hey Kidd I have a yard too. All 1/3 acre of it, without house 1/6th. Mow my grass in 20 minutes, and I push the mower. Yeah they carry the ball and that hop step after two steps is a joke. The penalty time on Allen was a joke. Indefinitely was one game. Shameful I agree.

#34 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

Roy's first national championship was with Matt Dougherty's recruits. Wasn't really his team. Love Roy but it wasn't his team.

#35 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

And look at what Matt did with them!!

OK still think Roy's game management is iffy but he did win one with those players most of them being freshman Matt's last year.

And Roy added Marvin Williams to the bunch. He was very important that year. 

A few of those players were Roy's but majority were recruited by Matt.

#36 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,508 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

A couple of UNC stories from my youth.  In high school I drove up to Raleigh and Chapel Hill and took a buddy from the Mill Hill.  When we got to Carmichael he called his grandmother's house collect from a pay phone in the lobby area to brag to his cousion where he was.  Sam Perkins walked by as he was calling.  I could hear the grandmother saying yes we will accept but he could not say anything.  He finally came to.

1991 I was in Chapel Hill and stayed at a friends apartment.  Guy comes in and says is he the guy pointing to me.  Yeah my hometowner replied.  I knew we were going to play ball but I did not know the kid was a team manager and we were going to ball it up at the Dean Dome.  I had literally not touched a ball for nearly ten years since high school until a few months before.  Those rims sure seemed tights.

About an hour and a half after a football game and I am not a teenager yet.  Went to game with friend and his family.  BIG DEAL and first time at Kenan!  We are standing in the parking lot and I see a guy with sandals, ragged jean cutoffs, and a v neck white t shirt his long hairy brushed back walking up the sidewalk by himself. Mike Voight in the flesh after running for about 150 and a few scores.  He chatted for a bit, laughed a little and carried on.  RIP Voom Voom you were my hero.

JeffChapman-Dynamic