Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Independence hires Mike Natoli as head football coach

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,877 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

Mike Natoli has been named the head coach at Independence HS in Charlotte.  His most recent post was the offensive coordinator at Statesville Christian and had previously been the head coach at West Iredell and Richlands.  He also won a state championship as an assistant at Newton-Conover.  

#2 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

Congratulations Coach Natoli on this awesome opportunity! One of the best offensive minds I've had the pleasure of meeting and covering over the last few years.

#3 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

One of my Favorite Coaches and Good friend in Mike Natoli is the New HC at Indy and I'm happy for him to get the opportunity and He is a great coach and He has helped many Players on the offense side of the ball get to play at th next level

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

Indy? Natoli is a good coach and good man but good grief why does he keep taking jobs where parents are an issue. West Iredell parents ( most, not all) were trouble in every sport and Indy is the same. Hope he turns Indy around.

Natoli just come back to Newton-Conover where you were always family.

#5 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

Indy? Natoli is a good coach and good man but good grief why does he keep taking jobs where parents are an issue. West Iredell parents ( most, not all) were trouble in every sport and Indy is the same. Hope he turns Indy around.

Natoli just come back to Newton-Conover where you were always family.

Hard to pass on the Indy job- even in a down time. Safe to say he will have far greater resources at his disposal than what he had at West. I really feel he can do very well here

#6 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

Good luck to Coach Natoli. Tough job and circumstances but it is a great opportunity if he can rally the troops to get on board with his program. And keep the parents at arms length.

#7 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

I'm happy for him; I've enjoyed watching his offences on Hudl he runs some very creative stuff. Indy's going to be a great opportunity for him as long as he's left alone and given time to work.

He wasn't given a fair shake by West at all so I hope this one works out. He'll have better talent to work with this time than at West so it'll be fun to see what he comes up with.

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

And As expected , Brad Van Horn from Newton Conover has Joined the staff with his former Coaching mate in Mike Natoli, both were at Richlands n WI together..... Brad will be the OC and QB coach! Look for a explosive offensive with both of these 2 offensive of minded guy running the INDY offense!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,297 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Good luck lol

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#10 Wiseman

Wiseman

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

lol Indy just hired someone that won't ever beat hales.

JeffChapman-Dynamic