Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Chad Grier

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

He has found a new Home in SC at OCA (Oceanside Collegiate Academy)

http://www.charlotte...ml#navlink=Lead

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,142 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

Sam Hartman, the Wake QB commit, is following him and will graduate in December.

Really wanted to see the dynamic Hartman would bring to Hough!

#3 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:55 AM

Grier should have been hired as a D1 or D2 assistant and recruiter. Definitely has the ability to get young men to follow him.

#4 Hagelfish

Hagelfish

JV Team

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

Sam Hartman, the Wake QB commit, is following him and will graduate in December.

Really wanted to see the dynamic Hartman would bring to Hough!

As was I. 

#5 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

I would not be surprised to see others slated to go to Hough from DD make the move as well. 

Big blow for the Hough program at a very important position..

#6 Beyond hope

Beyond hope

Rookie

• Coach
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:51 AM

Except the school he is coaching at is technically a charter school. Residency and lottery rules apply

#7 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

Lot of those families with some high incomes. Charleston not a bad spot to rent an apartment for 6-7 months.

#8 work7

work7

Established Member

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

I wonder if the WR Nolan Groulx from Davidson Day will also make the move? 

#9 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,142 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

If I am a big time player I would want to see how the new school plays out. One thing if you are a rising freshman or sophomore but as an upper class men I would want to be in a more established situation. The move(s) show their trust or belief in Chad. Wish they the best.

#10 Beyond hope

Beyond hope

Rookie

• Coach
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

If they do transfer good for them, if they jump someone on the lottery waiting list I'm sure there will be some questions. Chad must have known for a while about going since the lottery ended 2-28-17 and I'm sure that "those" kids got into the lottery before that

#11 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,142 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

If they have open seats after the lottery the school can accept applicants after the lottery. If the school is full they can offer seats to non lottery elections in numerical order as students or lottery winners opt out.

#12 Chopper42

Chopper42

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

They don't even have a school building. They are trying to sell themselves as a campus like IMG. What a JOKE!!!

#13 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,142 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

I thought a building is being built?

#14 Hagelfish

Hagelfish

JV Team

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

I thought a building is being built?

Building is being built. By the looks of it so far, it should be ready early July/August.

#15 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

Building is being built. By the looks of it so far, it should be ready early July/August.

Facility

http://www.oceanside...my.org/facility

#16 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:23 PM

You can bank on it that this is not just some regular job. Chad Grier doesn't just take normal positions. His talents are much more than the average coach. His kid was national player of the year. Chad created that phenom not some born trait that would have happened in any home nor the millions his kid made by the age of 18 years old.

There will be a school, big money families, and lots of fanfare very soon. And soon they will be nationally ranked very high with kids coming from every part of the country. Look his beautiful wife up. Settling for low fruit is not what he does.

#17 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,142 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

I think he left DD because their support was not going to continue at a satisfying level. I do not think high school football is a personal financial tool for him but a competitive outlet and allows him to work with young men and football. I am sure this opportunity met all of his requirements as much as possible.

#18 PureBull

PureBull

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

Nailed it btango. Agree on all points......football looks to be his tool to connect to and mentor young men.

JeffChapman-Dynamic