Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Atwood out

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mustang sally

Mustang sally

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:01 PM

resigned from West Forsyth 

#2 BroadwayJ

BroadwayJ

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:22 AM

WOW ! What's the story ?

#3 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

WHAT???????. Resigned. Why? He just turned the whole West Forsyth wrestling program completely around into a state champion.

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

Come on Mustang, spill the beans. You know the man very well. He moved his off season tourney to Glenn High so is he taking over at that school?

#5 Mustang sally

Mustang sally

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

Yea I do know him and I do think Glenn is very much in the Mix as he stated in the newspaper but I am sure he has a few irons in other fires too,. 

#6 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Yea I do know him and I do think Glenn is very much in the Mix as he stated in the newspaper but I am sure he has a few irons in other fires too,.

Maybe after 9 dual championships he wants new challenges. He also has 7 state individual tournament championships. That's a ring for all fingers, thumbs, one foot, and starting on another foot. I have never heard of any coach in North Carolina even remotely coming close to that number of championships.

#7 Mustang sally

Mustang sally

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:02 AM

Mike Esposito Track coach at Mt Tabor now Head track coach at High Point University.  Tommy Knotts football West Charlotte and Independence, Coach Colvin Robbinsville 11 championships football  But you are right quite an accomplishment 

#8 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Atwood has been a good influence on a lot of at risk kids. He has changed the direction of a lot of kids with one parent or no parent present. Make no mistake, he is a tough love guy. When he says get on the bus it is said with some strong words. When he says stop messing around, the words take me back to the days when I was in high school. Atwood is a throw back to a time when teachers were feared and respected. I don't know him personally but have seen him many times at off season and in season tournaments.

Atwood can take a turd and turn it into a gold nugget. I think back to some of the kids he coached in the last decade and they were impressive on the mat. Now I can tell you from sitting up in the stands that he is a hated man. Not disliked, hated. People do not like the fact he has won many championships or the fact he gets a lot of calls based on his success. He is not afraid to confront officials, college coaches, or representatives of organizations. The man has a big set. Like him or not he out works everybody in the NC wrestling community. He has a small advantage in the open enrollment district of Forsyth County but a huge disadvantage in the fact the district has no middle school wrestling. Then he gets a freshman for the first time and makes him a success from the beginning.

JeffChapman-Dynamic