Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Any news on WM head coaching vacancy?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 Cold Puppies

Cold Puppies

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:24 PM

WM1977..... Sweater nailed you again..... you are special for sure......  Can't wait to see your response.....

#27 WMHS 2017

WMHS 2017

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

I am from the West and enjoyed that. Great job. 77 you got it good. May need to be quite as I checked the facts and yes sweater is correct. You spin those facts horribly wrong.

#28 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

So the coach didn't pull his resume' out and he left... oh well, missed that one. The test scores at West Montgomery there are less than 10 kids whose scores aren't counted as opposed to 30+% of the student body at East. Your QB DID start the next game. FACT. As far as the two clowns clamoring for me why don't the two of you come up with something original. Pretty sad. As far as you go sweater... I think you can read the writing on the wall. It doesn't need to be explained again. You bailed on the other thread because you found out what I was saying was correct.

#29 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:32 AM

So the coach didn't pull his resume' out and he left... oh well, missed that one. The test scores at West Montgomery there are less than 10 kids whose scores aren't counted as opposed to 30+% of the student body at East. Your QB DID start the next game. FACT. As far as the two clowns clamoring for me why don't the two of you come up with something original. Pretty sad. As far as you go sweater... I think you can read the writing on the wall. It doesn't need to be explained again. You bailed on the other thread because you found out what I was saying was correct.

I did not "bail" on the other thread, I was out of the country , read some examples from other posters citing similar incidents that happened on the West side and these examples were somehow "different" to you. This is when I decided it doesnt matter what anyone says, they can not penetrate your blinders. The QB that left his team at halftime was not the starter the next game vs Whiteville.( I cant find any stats that says he did, if you could post some I know at least 2 other people that would be shocked) All hispanic students at EM are not in the ESL program. You are right the "actual " numbers are sealed , but you are able to go from 0 to 4 to " less than 10" exempted at WM, so maybe you have access to these floating figures. I DO know this , if they only counted 5 total scores at EM , that has NOTHING to do with the reported 55 grade at WM in the referenced MCS report, but you will not address that. In my opinion none of this matters, what I have been saying the entire time is there are issues at East AND West , there are great kids at both places and kids who make bad choices at both places. 

There were 2 reasons I decided to come back and post.

1. I wanted my quoted post to be accurate.

2. Call attention to the fact, that UNPROMPTED you posted on the "Any news on WM head coaching vaccancy?" thread remarks about EM. EM dominate your thoughts and if you ask nicely I can probably get you in the boosters club. You certainly are envious of something or someone on the East side.

Good thing for you , you will have options. 

#30 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

Not one thing on the East side is desirable. Yes, there will be options. You'd be surprised at the number of your "loyal" East Montgomery families that are tired of the discipline issues and problems there. This argument is old and has been played out. The facts are the facts. You pull the stats you want and interpret them how you see fit. Then you get the usual lap dog followers chiming in and you pat yourself on the back and move along. Just know your role when it comes to the hierarchy in the county and life will be good for you. Good luck with your coaching search.

#31 NENCFootball

NENCFootball

Rookie

• Coach
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:39 PM

You guys need to meet in the back parking lot and settle this 'debate' about these 2 schools. The sad thing is that this thread was inquiring about a new coach at West, the coach named yesterday and, from scanning through the rhetoric, none of you have talked about him. Let's get back to the topic at hand and stop bashing one another for their personal beliefs.

#32 Cold Puppies

Cold Puppies

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

Good call NENC! The problem is that WM1977 in obsessed with "irrelevant" East Montgomery. And yeah lets meet at the Better Burger and put some faces with all this! Count me in!!! 

#33 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

Hammer put in resumes for a couple of very desirable jobs. One he turned down the interview, one he was not offered an interview interview. Per conversations with him before the season he was interested in returning to home area. I think he, like Eddins, was not driven so much by the potential consolidation as looking for something different and better for their family/themselves. Eddins was not actively chasing Richmond but he went after the Crest job which he got. Most West fans did not think he would leave now.

#34 WMFootballFanatic

WMFootballFanatic

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

Hopefully the resources put into maintaining two excellent coaches can be put into maintaining one excellent coach when the time comes. Hard to maintain a great coach at the 1A level if they are ambitious and upwardly mobile. When you add a young family to the mix it makes it even tougher. I think most West fans realize we were luckily to keep Coach E for 6 years.

#35 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Hopefully the resources put into maintaining two excellent coaches can be put into maintaining one excellent coach when the time comes. Hard to maintain a great coach at the 1A level if they are ambitious and upwardly mobile. When you add a young family to the mix it makes it even tougher. I think most West fans realize we were luckily to keep Coach E for 6 years.

100% correct , any good coach would not be here long unless a Montgomery County native or a double dipper who wanted to live on Tillery. Eddins for 6 years was a definite steal.

#36 Lionheart1986

Lionheart1986

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:54 AM

For a fact he didn't start that game or the playoff game at Whiteville. I know this because my brother was the qb and played with a bad injury. He got at the west game and tuffed it out the next week when they played at Whiteville. For a matter me and another family member had to carry him off the field after the west game. Even coach E came over and talk to him and wished my brother the best after the game. He a class act wish the best.

#37 Cold Puppies

Cold Puppies

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:52 AM

Thanks Lionheart1986..... Like we have all said before, WM1977 just spits out comments to fit his narrative....  He should really take a break and at a minimum admit he is wrong...  

#38 Lionheart1986

Lionheart1986

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

Thanks Lionheart1986..... Like we have all said before, WM1977 just spits out comments to fit his narrative.... He should really take a break and at a minimum admit he is wrong...

No problem

#39 Cold Puppies

Cold Puppies

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

Crickets.......

#40 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:48 AM

I find it funny that WM1977 was very outspoken last year about the negativity of charter schools. We had more than one heated thread about MICS and he was the frontrunner to bashing charters and magnets, now, he want West Montgomery Charter School. Just for football. It is obvious he could care less about the students education, as long as there is a football team.

#41 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

If that's what you think then you are as late as your football team to the show. Two years of success doesn't make you a "program." Don't forget that Mountie.... As far as the reasons for West Montgomery Charter School being established sports were not even mentioned until the third or fourth meeting. Do your research on the previous conversations and educate yourself before making statements like the one you just made. Not ONE single comment revolved around football or any other sport for that matter. Education and safety of the students are the main points of discussion. Now, climb back up on your mountain and fade back into obscurity where you have been since your school existed.

#42 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

WM1977 were you against the charter schools in previous posts?  Was it charter schools themselves or just competing in athletics as a regular NCHSAA member?

#43 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:30 AM

I was and still am against charter schools competing in the NCHSAA level at their ADMs. My opinion on that is that a charter should compete in the classification at least one higher than their ADMs if not two. Football should be weighted with consideration of the surrounding area. Olympic sports should be a minimum of two or the highest classification of the highest class school within the pooling districted area. Example is if WMCS pools from Stanly, Randolph and Montgomery then the Olympic sports would participate in 3A regardless of the ADM. Football is a wildcard due to the uncertainty of where that sport falls within the parameters allowed currently in the NCHSAA. If Que would make a determination on the direction it would benefit everyone involved. Basketball, volleyball, baseball and softball have been crushed in 1A/AA the last five years by charters. I am against schools like MIC in football. All you have to do is research the program and all of the questionable characters that funded, coached and were involved in that show last season. It should have been a 30 for 30. Their marquee player ended up signing with a mid level program after being touted as a top 100 D1 prospect. You know why? MIC. The meetings that have been going on and the process that is in place has nothing to do with athletics. It has and always will be about the students education, their safety and providing an environment that is healthy for the kids. Not to mention a Superintendent that wants to be on record for consolidation. That would make him eye candy for Wake or Mecklenburg County. I mean, making 100K in Montgomery County is small change for one of the jobs he's campaigning for. Any way you look at it putting a $20 million bill on a county that has declined exponentially for the last 30 years with a bypass soon to open has to send a message to the citizens when you don't put it to a vote. People who support this are drinking the kool-aid. And most are from the East side. They are in a cess pool of problems and they see it as a better option for their kids. I can't blame them. There will be another option. The central high school will be lucky if it has 700 kids. That's a FACT.

Edit: In my opinion, when WMCS is fully ready after two years of competition in football they should have to compete at the 2A level at least. Depending upon participation and attendance from allowed pooling area 2AA or 3A would not be out of the question. I would welcome any arguments against this. When you have a 25 mile radius (very loosely measured btw) to pull from why would you want to dominate weaker teams and have everyone know you have a loaded team? The proposed doctrine has included many of the same things I have posted here. I posted weeks ago that the process was in the works and I'm not leaking information that isn't public knowledge.  

#44 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

There will be at least 1,000 kids no doubt

#45 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:17 AM

Agree 100%. Between the two schools there will easily be 1,000 kids attending high school in Montgomery County.

JeffChapman-Dynamic