Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Mooresville Football Schedule

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

We are 169 days away until Kickoff!

2017- Mooresville football Schedule:

Aug 18th: Home vs West Rowan

Aug 25th: Bye Week

Sept 1st: @Davie Co

Sept 8th: @AL Brown

Sept 15th: Home vs South Iredell

Sept 22nd:@North Meck

Sept 29th: Home vs W.A Hough

Oct 6th: Home vs Vance

Oct 13th: @LKN

Oct 20th: Home vs Hopewell **HOMECOMING**

Oct 27th: @West Char.

Nov 3rd: Home vs Mallard Creek **Senior Night**

**Denote: Conference Games are in BOLD!**

One of the toughest Mooresville Schedules I have seen since I been apart of Mooresville esp Non Conference wise. Davie Co is the game i'm looking forward to the most. It kinda sucks we have MC on Senior Night but it is what it is.

I personally think Mooresville will win maybe 5-6 game this season, I think Hough, Vance, NM(Maybe) , MC, Davie could be the toughest match ups

What are your thoughts, Opinions?! I hope Mooresville does well And all the Big games are at Home (Hough, Vance, MC).

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:19 PM

I will have to say this is one of the toughest schedule I've seen Mooresville have. I would say with most of the games Mooresville should bring in some good money at the gate. This kind of schedule I believe will toughen up Mooresville better should they make the playoffs. It will either make or break them. Hopefully with Mooresville they don't get to discourage after losing a couple games in a row. This is my opinion and who knows they may finish int the top 2 or 3 after a year or two being in it. I do know there are some really good matchups for Mooresville.

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,924 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:20 PM

There are absolutely no "gimme" wins on this schedule.  While I don't think the Blue Devils go winless, they'll have to earn every victory. 

I do think they find a way to win 6, 7, or even 8 games, but there is also the very likely possibility that they win only 2.  We'll see what 2017 has in store, I know that Coach Paxton and crew are working extremely hard. 

#4 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

I should had said if they lose 2 games in a row.

#5 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,924 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:26 PM

The first five games could go either way, if they can cary a 5-0 start into their game against Hough, then all bets are off and I could see them winning 8 or 9, but if they start off 1-4 or 2-3, then they'll probably struggle to hit 7. 

#6 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,924 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

The good thing is, Coach Paxton and the team doesn't have to worry about what any of us prognosticators think.  All they need to do is focus on going 1-0 every week.  Coaching up 14-18 year-olds is a job in itself, it doesn't matter how good a team is, all you have to do is convince them boys that they're better and even the most common boy can play at uncommon levels.  I see it happen all the time, that's why good coaching at the high school level is so important.  That along with a good weight program! 

#7 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

I think Mooresville goes 2-2 n at worst 1-3 In Non Conference so And I agree with Chris , Every victory will have to be earned and There are no gimme games

Also Paxton and Staff I believe will have us ready bc We been in this conference before. N also Paxton had faced CLT teams as well before

Mooresville has a tough stretch from NM to LKN so We have play each week 110% n injuries will have to stay limited!!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#8 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

Gone are the days of the cup cakes. Going to have to work for every win now- love it! Glad to see Davie on the schedule again, looking forward to visiting their new home

#9 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

One more thing- idk how they managed to Keep South Iredell on the schedule but I'm sure ISS had a fit about that one lol. It's no secret that's iSS doesn't like their schools playing us unless its conference... politics

#10 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

I've got us at 5 wins.. that's a schedule where wins most definitely will be hard to come by. Credit to Paxton for beefing up the schedule. I can see us finishing as high as 3rd in conference, but as low as 5th or 6th too.

#11 banditback

banditback

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

For those who are predicting a particular # of wins, who are the wins against in your prognostication?

I would say they are an odds on favorite to beat Hopewell, N. Meck, S. Iredell and W. Rowan and W. Charlotte. I think that AL Brown and Davie will be toss-ups.

Vance is a very winnable game as well. LKN, Hough and MC will take an uncommon effort but anything can happen.

#12 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:55 PM

I see that the bye week is second week in the season. I know this is the way it is. But with a schedule like this I believe it would had been good if the bye week could had been more in the mid season. Blue devils, what are your input on this?

#13 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:00 PM

For those who are predicting a particular # of wins, who are the wins against in your prognostication?

I would say they are an odds on favorite to beat Hopewell, N. Meck, S. Iredell and W. Rowan and W. Charlotte. I think that AL Brown and Davie will be toss-ups.

Vance is a very winnable game as well. LKN, Hough and MC will take an uncommon effort but anything can happen.

Non conference- I see us going 2-2 or 1-3. Potential Wins vs W Rowan and/or S Iredell

Conference- I can see 3 or 4 wins... vs Hopewell, N Meck, W Charlotte, and or Lake Norman, those being our best chances at wins imo

#14 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

I see that the bye week is second week in the season. I know this is the way it is. But with a schedule like this I believe it would had been good if the bye week could had been more in the mid season. Blue devils, what are your input on this?

It is what it is, will just have to be ready for a long grind

#15 Schmo

Schmo

Established Member

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

Tough, no lay ups. I think they might get 5 or 6 wins though.  Need to get a couple of those early non conference games.  I think they beat South Iredell and that goes a long way. 

#16 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

I wouldnt put the NMeck game in win column quite yet

#17 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

I wouldnt put the NMeck game in win column quite yet

I'm saying it's one of the games we could get a win from.

#18 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,924 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

The way I see it....

West Rowan at home is a toss up but I'll give Mooresville the slight advantage.

Davie on the road in their new stadium, the War Eagles return a ton of talent but also have two very noticeable losses to graduation in QB Chris Reynolds and LB James Boyle. Davie will be coming off two tough opponents and the Devils will be off a bye so I'll once again give Mooresville a very slight advantage.

On the road against Kannapolis will be a tall order, especially since Mooresville one-up'd the Wonders in '16 even though Kannapolis out-played them for the most part. This should be an exciting game but one I'd have to give a slight advantage to A.L. Brown.

Home against South Iredell will be no cakewalk. Brady Pope as a senior should be very dangerous to defend. However I'd still give Mooresville an ever slight advantage.

By those calculations, if they can carry a 3-1 record at a minimum into conference play, that will be a win for them.

North Meck will be a hard fought game but one Mooresville can win.

By all estimations, Hough will have one of the better teams in the state, but typically Mooresville matched up well with them. I think Hough has the advantage but could still be an entertaining game. I like Mooresville's chances better at home.

Vance at home looks like a loss on paper but it all depends on what Vance team shows up. If they are as well prepared as last year, then watch out. For now I think we all will lean towards the Cougars.

The Lake Norman game could go either way but I'd maybe favor Mooresville if they come in with some momentum from strong showings in their first few conference games.

I think we all assume Mooresville will defeat both Hopewell and West Charlotte.

At this point today I don't think Mooresville is close to MC's level but stranger things happen.

I can see 7-4 and maybe even 8-3 with some luck. Again, Paxton and his staff are working hard and they've got some critters on the farm so just see what they can do.

However, I still think 4-7 or 5-6 is just as possible as 7-4.

As long as they can stay healthy and weather this tough schedule, they should be well prepared headed into the postseason.

#19 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

My biggest question going into this season is what do we have on the d-line. Last cpl years I feel like we've lacked ability to get pressure from the line without sending a lot of blitzes. I think we have a pretty strong LB group (if we can stay healthy, not sure we have depth there). And I still like our secondary

#20 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

What is the situation with the OC?

#21 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:27 PM

Unless you know something I don't- which is highly possible lol- don't think there's anything to speak of there

#22 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:53 PM

Nothing , Latham is still at OC at Mooresville unless U or someone with more inside information know something

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#23 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Last time Mallard Creek was a Senior Night opponent was the first year of the program.  I think its great the Moorseville young men I am sure will come to play especially on the last night for the Seniors.  It will be a great atmosphere looking forward to traveling up once again,

#24 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

Last time Mallard Creek was a Senior Night opponent was the first year of the program. I think its great the Moorseville young men I am sure will come to play especially on the last night for the Seniors. It will be a great atmosphere looking forward to traveling up once again,

I personally wouldn't want MC on SR night but It is what it is and Hopefully Mooresville plays well.

I rather have MC were we had them last time In conference where it was the 2nd conference game and LKN has it this season

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#25 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:33 PM

Last time Mallard Creek was a Senior Night opponent was the first year of the program. I think its great the Moorseville young men I am sure will come to play especially on the last night for the Seniors. It will be a great atmosphere looking forward to traveling up once again,

Your starters need rest going into the playoffs lol :D

JeffChapman-Dynamic