Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Regional times and locations set

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#26 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

Tio time and there is still a huge line of people waiting.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#27 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:08 PM

Terrible logistics. Line at 11:30 was several hundred, may be 500, to buy ticket. Parking deck backed up. Baseball game today, also.
With games back to back arena is way too small and parking terrible. Ok for one game but not a day event.

I saw people leave when they saw the line and were waiting to get in deck.

#28 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

After one Cox Mill leads 22-10.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#29 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

Halftime Cox Mill 33, Freedom 22

― C.S. Lewis

#30 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

After three Cox Mill still leads 46-35.

― C.S. Lewis

#31 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:11 PM

Cox Mill has done a good job taking away the three ball which is our bread and butter. Our two top shooters have not hit a single trey all afternoon.

― C.S. Lewis

#32 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

64-52 final. Every time it looked like we might make a run we had a turnover. Cox Mill did a good job taking away the three and played great defense overall.

― C.S. Lewis

#33 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

FHS good atmosphere but I think this is a bad fan experience. People that arrived ten minutes before the game which is too late got into the arena in the second quarter.

#34 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

FHS good atmosphere but I think this is a bad fan experience. People that arrived ten minutes before the game which is too late got into the arena in the second quarter.

I agree. Lines for bathrooms and concessions also very long.

― C.S. Lewis

#35 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

Girls game: after one Hickory Ridge up 13-9

― C.S. Lewis

#36 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Amaryah Corpening hits a three to cut into the lead, but Hickory Ridge is still ahead 24-16 at the half.

― C.S. Lewis

#37 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

After three, Hickory Ridge 40, Freedom 28. I thought the Lady Pats might be in a position to make a run at one point, but Hickory Ridge held.

― C.S. Lewis

#38 tedman70

tedman70

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

Boys:

North Surry 83 

Forest Hills 73

Girls:

North Surry 53

East Burke 32

North Surry boys and girls advance to state championship games. Go Hounds!

#39 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Final Hickory Ridge 55, Freedom 42.

― C.S. Lewis

#40 CMChargers

CMChargers

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

Really good Cox Mill performance. Came out hot and Freedom could never get it back.

Based on the comments here I assume Freedom is usually a good shooting team, but man, they were taking some DEEP 3's and not hitting anything. 

One of the refs was embarrassingly bad. Good crowds from both teams. 

#41 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

I did not think the refs were a determining factor in any game today. Missed calls but not lopsided either way.

The 4A Boys game is fun! 27-25 half Butler. Butler is big, SWG is quick.

#42 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:50 PM

Line to get in midway through first quarter is down to baseball field. Nowhere to put them.

#43 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:59 PM

Line to get in midway through first quarter is down to baseball field. Nowhere to put them.

At the very least I got to watch a half inning of baseball for free today.

― C.S. Lewis

#44 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

I just got home from broadcasting both games today. I first want to say to Freedom congratulation on having a great season both in the boys and girls season. As far the boys goes Cox Mill did a great job off attacking the basket, Freedom not really having inside present really hurt them. As I wrote before the game if you live by the 3 points shot and you don't make it a higher % rate you will lose. Both teams missed a lot of wide open looks, Cox Mill defense was very good. Freedom did a decent job against Wendell Moore Jr, but the other players for Cox Mill Sio and Johnson and other players did a great job coming up with a big basket when Cox Mill need one. The Sio 3 point basket was a nail in the coffin. That shot brought the lead back to 11 points lead it took all the momentum away from.Freedom. As far the Girls game Freedom #14 Williams she had a great but as good as she played Hickory Ridge was to tough and too strong inside. I do like Cox Mill and Hickory Ridge chance next week.

#45 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

BTW guys next week I am so pump up not only are Hickory Ridge and Cox Mill will play at 5 and 7:30 pm. But we might get to visit the UNC Museum and get to be at the dean smith center. And for these who don't know me personally I am a huge UNC fan so next will be a dream come true.

#46 CMChargers

CMChargers

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Anyone have any info as far as Title game sites?

#47 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

Anyone have any info as far as Title game sites?

Hickory Ridge play at 5 pm in dean smith center Cox Mill play at 7:30 in the dean smith center. The 2A woman I believe we did hear will be at NCState

#48 CMChargers

CMChargers

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

Bummer. 

Was hoping for Carmichael. Smaller the better; crowd will be lost in the Dean Dome.

#49 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:16 PM

Bummer.

Was hoping for Carmichael. Smaller the better; crowd will be lost in the Dean Dome.

Carmichael was really nice last year but I think you guys will be just fine in The Dean Dome. I am hoping for about 10-13K showing up combine from Hickory Ridge and Cox Mill.

#50 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:57 AM

10-13k?!? You have got to be kidding me. The gym at UNCG has 2,350 seats. The Dean Dome is too big. Carmichael has no parking.

Tough to figure out best place to play the state title games.

JeffChapman-Dynamic