Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Regional times and locations set

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

http://www.nchsaa.or...ionship-central

Of course they have Freedom and East Burke in different locations at the same time, so there goes my plan to watch the Patriots, Lady Patriots and Lady Cavaliers play.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#2 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:44 AM

http://www.nchsaa.or...ionship-central

Of course they have Freedom and East Burke in different locations at the same time, so there goes my plan to watch the Patriots, Lady Patriots and Lady Cavaliers play.

I am not very happy about the earlier tipoff time but the good news both Cox Mill and Hickory Ridge will play at the same arena.

#3 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Hi FHS1985 we are going to be broadcasting both of the boys and girls game. I will do the play by play for the boys game, I am trying to get from.you how many points Freedom Average per game? Who are your starters? Who are the top guys coming from the bench?

#4 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Hi FHS1985 we are going to be broadcasting both of the boys and girls game. I will do the play by play for the boys game, I am trying to get from.you how many points Freedom Average per game? Who are your starters? Who are the top guys coming from the bench?

Freedom averages about 75 ppg and allows about 60. The starters are likely to be Senior guards Niguel Moore and Alex Lineberger, Sophomore wings Fletcher Abee and Jakari Dula and Junior forward Tobias Kanipe. Off the bench we get good minutes from Seniors Michael Ervin and Cam Edmonston, Junior Kelvis Dula and Sophomore Michael Logan. There are a couple of other kids who may play in Casey Roger's scheme depending on game situations.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#5 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

Freedom averages about 75 ppg and allows about 60. The starters are likely to be Senior guards Niguel Moore and Alex Lineberger, Sophomore wings Fletcher Abee and Jakari Dula and Junior forward Tobias Kanipe. Off the bench we get good minutes from Seniors Michael Ervin and Cam Edmonston, Junior Kelvis Dula and Sophomore Michael Logan. There are a couple of other kids who may play in Casey Roger's scheme depending on game situations.

Thanks for the info, base on what you are telling me both teams seem very similar. Cox Mill plays around 8-9 players. They average Closer to 83 per game they are giving up around 60 per game. The Chargers enjoying playing a pace fast tempo kind of a game. I think this game will come down to both teams 3 points shooting as well to kind Freedom stop Wendell Moore Jr, as well to free throws and to turnovers.

#6 twinpeeks

twinpeeks

Established Member

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:23 PM

ANY GAMES ON TW

#7 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

ANY GAMES ON TW

Looking at TWC schedule for Saturday it doesn't look like that they will be broadcasting any of the game.

#8 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:57 PM

FHS1985 if you want to know anything about Cox Mill or about the lady's Hickory Ridge Bulls please feel free to ask me.

#9 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

FHS1985 if you want to know anything about Cox Mill or about the lady's Hickory Ridge Bulls please feel free to ask me.

Thanks-I have been scouring twitter and Maxpreps for info, looking at stats and video. Right now records versus common opponents look about even. I think you pretty much got to the heart of it with your post above.

FYI-according to the local paper Freedom boys have made 270 three point shots this year (some color maybe you can use).

― C.S. Lewis

#10 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

Thanks-I have been scouring twitter and Maxpreps for info, looking at stats and video. Right now records versus common opponents look about even. I think you pretty much got to the heart of it with your post above.

I don't anticipating you listening to my and radiofreecabarrus broadcast on Saturday, but if you have not heard my broadcasting before then you are for a treat. Just make sure to lower your volume.

#11 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

I don't anticipating you listening to my and radiofreecabarrus broadcast on Saturday, but if you have not heard my broadcasting before then you are for a treat. Just make sure to lower your volume.

I actually tried to tune in Tuesday on my phone, but the site was down.

P.S. I added a detail to my comment above for you to use if you like.

― C.S. Lewis

#12 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

One more detail-this is the third time that both of Freedom's basketball teams have made the regional finals at the same time. In 1986 both lost, but in 1994 both won and went on to win state titles.

― C.S. Lewis

#13 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:26 PM

FYI-according to the local paper Freedom boys have made 270 three point shots this year (some color maybe you can use).

From what I have gathering from talking to a Robinson player on Twitter as well from reading the article that basically Freedom lives and die by the 3s point shot. Which is great if you can make them but if is your main game plan attack the basket and kick it out for a 3 point shot attempt you could be in trouble if you don't make them in a high % rate.

#14 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

I actually tried to tune in Tuesday on my phone, but the site was down.

P.S. I added a detail to my comment above for you to use if you like.

http://thecube.com/e...l-boys-v-719985 We had major technicals difficulties with all 4 games that we broadcast. In this game problem started right at the final 2 minutes remaining in the game. There is a chance that these 2 .minutes are savable, until then feel free to listen to becoming of the game. If you want to really get excited skip to the Cox Mill players intro.

#15 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

Why are the 3A and 4A games being held in the tiny Fleming gym at UNCG? I have seen estimates that it only seats between 1800-2500 people (last year it seemed small when we were there for the girls games). Freedom will probably bring at least a thousand people and with Cox Mill and Hickory Ridge both being from Cabarrus county they will likely bring large crowds from there as well. Last year there was also a UNCG baseball game and parking was a nightmares. Come on NCHSAA-get it together.

― C.S. Lewis

#16 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,180 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:21 PM

Seats about 2,500.  Good steep bleachers but metal and they shake.  Can really make a lot of noise in there.

#17 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:30 PM

Why are the 3A and 4A games being held in the tiny Fleming gym at UNCG? I have seen estimates that it only seats between 1800-2500 people (last year it seemed small when we were there for the girls games). Freedom will probably bring at least a thousand people and with Cox Mill and Hickory Ridge both being from Cabarrus county they will likely bring large crowds from there as well. Last year there was also a UNCG baseball game and parking was a nightmares. Come on NCHSAA-get it together.

I was asking the same question on Twitter. As far tomorrow I see that the arena according to the Cox Mill website will sit around 1800. Don't be surprise if Cox Mill and Hickory Ridge out number Freedom. I am happy that the Cox Mill fans will sit behind us. And I don't mean to disrespect the Freedom fans. I am wondering are the Freedom players staying in a hotel near by?

#18 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

Seats about 2,500. Good steep bleachers but metal and they shake. Can really make a lot of noise in there.

The Wikipedia page for the gym says 2300, but I'm willing to allow for 2500. Frankly there were more than that present Tuesday night for the double header at Freedom. There have to be other venues in Greensboro that could be used.

― C.S. Lewis

#19 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

I was asking the same question on Twitter. As far tomorrow I see that the arena according to the Cox Mill website will sit around 1800. Don't be surprise if Cox Mill and Hickory Ridge out number Freedom. I am happy that the Cox Mill fans will sit behind us. And I don't mean to disrespect the Freedom fans. I am wondering are the Freedom players staying in a hotel near by?

I don't know about hotels. We travel pretty well. Last year we had about a 3:1 advantage over N. Guilford in the 3A state title game and they were two hours closer to Chapel Hill than we are.

― C.S. Lewis

#20 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

FHS1985 What is your got feeling as far both match up goes for tomorrow? I personally believe that we will see a split Freedom winning the boys game and Hickory Ridge win the girls game. Now it won't surprise me if Cox Mill also win the boys game. This is not meant to disrespect Freedom I think you guys are very good but I don't believe that you guys have someone who could totally shutdown Wendell Moore Jr. You guys might be able to hold on for under 25 points but even if he score 20 points that could be enough for Cox Mill as long the other shooters step up and Cox Mill do a good job of defending the 3 points which won't be easy, force turnovers, and get you guys upfront into foul trouble. I will be more surprise if Freedom defeat Hickory Ridge. Finally as a broadcaster as long as next Saturday at least one Cabarrus County team play in the championship game with a 7PM tip off time and win the state title I will be very happy.

#21 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

I'm confident. We have kids on both girls and boys teams who have played in state title games, so this stage of the playoffs won't intimidate them. Frankly I think you have it backwards, the Lady Patriots have cruised through the playoffs while Hickory Ridge squeaked by Pisgah in overtime. The boys have a challenge in Moore, but they got past Piedmont and Hunter Tyson who went for 44 and they got by Robinson and Batts who is a baller of the first order. If we win one or both, then I am on to Chapel Hill, but even if we lose we have written another proud chapter in our hoops history.

― C.S. Lewis

#22 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

I'm confident. We have kids on both girls and boys teams who have played in state title games, so this stage of the playoffs won't intimidate them. Frankly I think you have it backwards, the Lady Patriots have cruised through the playoffs while Hickory Ridge squeaked by Pisgah in overtime. The boys have a challenge in Moore, but they got past Piedmont and Hunter Tyson who went for 44 and they got by Robinson and Batts who is a baller of the first order. If we win one or both, then I am on to Chapel Hill, but even if we lose we have written another proud chapter in our hoops history.

Enjoy the games, let hope that at least we both get to be in Chapel Hill next Saturday. If by chance you see me tomorrow please feel free to come and say hello either before we get on the air or ones we are off the air following the girls game. I will be sitting in the front with my other 2 radio free cabarrus broadcaster.

#23 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

It's finally gameday-safe travels for all of those headed for Greensboro, Winston-Salem or Fayetteville.

― C.S. Lewis

#24 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

The Freedom n Hickory Ridge girls game should be an awesome matchup.

#25 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:32 AM

Long line here at Greensboro-hopefully the NCHSAA has planned this right.

― C.S. Lewis

JeffChapman-Dynamic