Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Fourth round scores

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

Cody Young for Hickory comes from great genes. Dad and two uncles were superstars for Hickory High and all went on to star at colleges. Hickory had another great year in basketball. Next game could go either way.

#27 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

Cody Young for Hickory comes from great genes. Dad and two uncles were superstars for Hickory High and all went on to star at colleges. Hickory had another great year in basketball. Next game could go either way.

Is one of his family Al Young?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#28 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

I had no idea his Dad and his Uncle were superstars at Hickory high school. The next game against Freedom tempo wise it might actually work in Cox Mill advantage that Freedom play smiler offense To cox Mill. This game will be a epic game that could go either way. I won't be surprise if the game is decide by 4 points or less.

#29 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

Is one of his family Al Young?

Pretty sure that is Al Young's youngest kid.

#30 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

Those are good genes.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#31 Darkhorse2007

Darkhorse2007

Established Member

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:32 PM

Clinton girls beat Northside Jax 69-56
2015-07-24_06.41.31.jpg
Clinton Dark Horses
State Champs 90,96,97,2001,2005<p>Eastern Champs 76,90,95,96,97,2001,2002,2005,2006,2014

#32 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:21 PM

Cody is Al Young's youngest son and a freshman to boot! I hope he plays football this fall. I will say he was the best running back at the Middle school level I have ever seen. He played JV football until a foot injury,caused by an off field accident, caused him to hang it up last fall. He, like his dad, does not like contact but is pretty special on the gridiron.

It's not where you start, but where you finish!

#33 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

Cody is Al Young's youngest son and a freshman to boot! I hope he plays football this fall. I will say he was the best running back at the Middle school level I have ever seen. He played JV football until a foot injury,caused by an off field accident, caused him to hang it up last fall. He, like his dad, does not like contact but is pretty special on the gridiron.

Al, Marvin, and Reggie Young all had exceptional talent in high school and college. I still see them around and we converse some. To me of all the three brothers, Al was the most talented given his success in track, basketball, and football. Al on a asphalt track, long jump, triple jump, and hurdles was fun to watch. Watching those basketball games against NBA legendary pros Sleepy Floyd for Hunter Huss (Golden State) and Ashbrook's High (LA Lakers) James Worthy. Best basketball games I have ever seen in high school.

JeffChapman-Dynamic