Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

How did the conferences fare ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

So far from what I can tell some conferences have looked better than others in the playoffs such as-

MAC- The MAC was impressive in the first round of the playoffs going 3-1 with Reynolds giving Weddington a much tougher game than expected. Erwin will have a chance to pull off the upset over North Henderson, North Buncombe and McDowell both play very good teams and will need great efforts

WNCAC- The WNCAC conference disappointed week 1 with only N. Henderson advancing.. I thought the conference may be weak this season with Pisgah and Smoky Mtn down but I was surprised by the results 

NW3A/4A- The northwestern 3A/4A went 3-3 on the first day of the playoffs. Hibriten was upset and Foard pulled off a shocker. Freedom and Hickory both have a great chance at advancing and Foard will look to pull off another upset vs fellow conference foe Hickory

NPC- The NPC went 1-4 on the first day. Only Lake Norman survived a rough day for the conference as Alexander Central and Statesville were upset. Lake Norman has a tough game vs Greensboro Page next.

SMAC- The SMAC went 4-1 on the first day of the playoffs with higher seeds East Rutherford, Shelby, and Kings Mountain advancing as well as Crest pulling off the big upset. Draughn was the only conference team to lose. This is a tough conference, basketball or football. East Rutherford is a state title contender and the rest of the conference wont be easy outs.

WHC- The Western Highlands Conference went 2-3 on the first day of the playoffs with Avery and Owen advancing. Hendersonville, Mtn Heritage and Mitchell fell in the first round. The conference was top heavy this season and both teams left have a chance at advancing another game

SMC- The Big smoky mountain conference went 4-3 on the first day of the playoffs. Hayesville pulled off an upset with higher seeds Cherokee, Swain and Rosman all picking up wins. The three teams that lost were all at or near the bottom of the conference. A decent showing.

Feel free to add your conferences!

#2 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

NW3A/4A girls went 3-2. Watauga, Freedom and Hickory all won. While St. Stephens lost a close one and S. Caldwell went down. I think Watauga may advance in 4A and I am curious about Hickory and N. Iredell.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#3 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:42 AM

SPC boys side went 4-3 The 3 state favorite from Cabarrus county Cox Mill,Hickory Ridge and Robinson all struggled last night. On the Girls side the SPC went 3-4 Out. 2 of the Cabarrus Country state title favorite Central Cabarrus and Hickory Ridge had 2 blow out win Central Cabarrus won by 28 while Hickory Ridge won by 50 points.

#4 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

On the girls side the NPC had a pretty strong day... only 2 teams to lose were West Iredell big.. and AC in a close one

JeffChapman-Dynamic