Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

1st round scores

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

Stunned! The Tigers occasionally showed signs of being decent, but never would I have expected that!

Yea I was shocked to see that score. If foard can keep the pace slow and game low scoring they can surprise..

#52 smashmouth5

smashmouth5

JV Team

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:23 PM

East Rutherford, Shelby, Kings Mtn., and Crest all advance on men's side.

#53 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

Hickory Ridge boys won 59-50 over Patton, Cox Mill beat Ashbrook 55-48 while Robinson won 66-55 over Northern Gaston.

North **

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#54 TitanNation79

TitanNation79

JV Team

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

Mcdowell defeats Reagan 68-54. I wasnt at the game but the titans led from the get go. Reagan made it close in the 3rd before the titans pulled away.

This game was pretty tight until a couple minutes into the fourth quarter. McDowell had problems with Reagan's constant man pressure (occasional full court trap as well). A lot sloppiness by the Titans and just seemed up tight especially in the first half. The Raiders constantly rotate about 9-10 kids through the lineup but they don't have anyone much taller than 6'4"-6'5", and they don't shoot the ball well...so for them making it sloppy was their way of staying in it. McDowell starting hitting a lot more perimeter shots in the second half to help separate.

The Titans will see a significantly better team in Mt. Tabor on Thursday...

#55 TitanNation79

TitanNation79

JV Team

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:05 AM

Really improved from the team we saw at the Christmas tournament.

CJ Thompson (#30) has really been lighting up the scoreboard over the past three weeks, I assume Thompson had a good game tonight. He and Goode (#24) make a good two-guard combo for Coach Rhoney. He's got athletes for sure...not a whole lot inside though.

#56 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:35 AM

Yea I was shocked to see that score. If foard can keep the pace slow and game low scoring they can surprise..

Hickory is next up for them though and I think the Tornadoes will take care of business.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#57 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:43 AM

Lady titans fall to top seeded NW Guilford 62-35

I really enjoyed watching Dezi Williams for y'all.  She's got some quicks.  

#58 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:45 AM

North Buncombe 64 Ledford 59 MBB

Ledford put up a better fight than I thought they would....

#59 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:50 AM

MBB- Richmond Sr 123 Vance 119. Good gracious

Heck of a win for RC.  That squad is extremely fun to watch.  They set the state record this season for most games over 100 points.  I guarantee you will not fall asleep watching a Raider game.  

#60 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:53 AM

Richmond is known for up-tempo games.

Waaayyyy up-tempo games......

#61 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:06 AM

Biggest upset of the night..

Foard 57
N. Forsyth 56

WHOA.  Nice job, Foard.

#62 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:07 AM

MBB Smoky falls to Randleman 70-45
WBB Smoky beats Bandys 67-35 host East Rutherford next

I'm absolutely floored at that Randleman-Smoky score.  Great job, Tigers!

#63 BDWarrior

BDWarrior

Established Member

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:17 AM

Congrats to Erwin for turning the season around. CJ Thompson is a great player. Hopefully we have Kealn Goode back for the NH game.

#64 BDWarrior

BDWarrior

Established Member

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

It is a real shame what is happening at the 1A level. It looks like a prep/charter school playoff instead of traditional high schools.

#65 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:24 AM

Speaking of North Buncombe how good are they?

titanman27, TitanNation79 or BDWarrior can probably answer that question as well as anyone, but I think Robinson is probably the far better team.

​Edit-from what I could tell it looked like Patton gave Hickory Ridge a pretty good game, what were your impressions?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#66 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

Speaking of North Buncombe how good are they?

They are very well coached and will play as hard as anyone but they will be greatly outmatched physically and it will take quite the effort from them to keep it close or pull off the upset vs Robinson. They have some good three point shooters but arent very athletic or big

#67 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:08 AM

Robbinsville boys lost.
Girls beat east Surry by 2. Now we get #2 grey stone.

#68 TitanNation79

TitanNation79

JV Team

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:34 PM

I really enjoyed watching Dezi Williams for y'all.  She's got some quicks.  

Dezi is a pretty good player and a great kid. We look forward to seeing her the next two years.

#69 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

Dezi is a pretty good player and a great kid. We look forward to seeing her the next two years.

The McDowell boys and girls teams should be very good next season. I expect the girls to be much improved with the talent coming from JV team. The conference will be tougher. I wonder who McDowell will schedule non conference in place of new conference foes Freedom and Alexander Central?

#70 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:07 AM

MBB- Richmond Sr 123 Vance 119. Good gracious

i just read where Vance's star guard Cam Hamilton scored 63 points.  His total was the third-highest in state history.  

JeffChapman-Dynamic