Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Preliminary brackets

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

So far just the girls:

http://www.nchsaa.or...etball-brackets

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#2 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

And now they're down again. :rolleyes:  :huh:  :angry:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#3 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

Seeding now postponed until Sunday.

http://www.nchsaa.or...day-feb-19-2017

― C.S. Lewis

#4 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

Computer problems? Heck, the nchsaa should have the most technologically advanced computer money can buy........

#5 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:47 AM

Come to think of it, I can picture those guys hammering things out on a Commodore 64.

#6 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:38 PM

Let's try this again.

― C.S. Lewis

#7 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:07 PM

Let's try this again.

Looking at the 3A bracket for the girls side I do feel like Hickory Ridge has a very good chance to make it at least to the 3rd of the playoff.

#8 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:31 PM

Looks like McDowell girls are in the field but will have a tall task against NW Guilford..

#9 Coachcre

Coachcre

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

I think Freedom and Hickory Ridge have the best chance to represent the west in chapel hill. Hickory and North Iredell could be an Interesting 2nd round match up. I dont know anything about Ledford, Sun Valley or Central Cabbarus

#10 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:25 PM

NCHSAA twitter now says that women's brackets are finalized and preliminary men's brackets are up.

― C.S. Lewis

#11 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:27 PM

I think Freedom and Hickory Ridge have the best chance to represent the west in chapel hill. Hickory and North Iredell could be an Interesting 2nd round match up. I dont know anything about Ledford, Sun Valley or Central Cabbarus

Central Cabarrus has a very good shooter in Mahaley Holit. The Vikings, as well Carson and Robinson from the SPC could make some noise in the playoff. Don't be surprise to see at least 2 of these teams make it to the 2nd round.

#12 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

So I see that boys bracket is up I really don't like that we could be looking at a potential 2nd round matchup between West Rowan at Cox Mill.

#13 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

Mooresville got what I would say was a pretty decent draw... Pinecrest at home in rd 1 is tough but winnable. Then the possibility of seeing aC in round two if AC can upset Rocky River.

#14 Coachcre

Coachcre

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:45 PM

I think there is about 4 or 5 teams who could represent the west in 3a. I would say my top picks would be Freedom,Cox Mill and Robinson.Hickory could suprise people too, of course being a freedom guy I am hoping for a clean sweep in boys and girls.

#15 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:01 PM

If the boys bracket holds out to what I'm seeing South Iredell plays Erwin. With both recorders being close this may be a decent game. Does anyone know about Erwin.

#16 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

Erwin is a pretty good athletic team. They rely too much on 1 player (CJ Thompson) but he is very quick and hard to guard. They are very undersized and not great defensively.

#17 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

I wouldn't sleep on North Henderson or Kings Mountain either in 3A West. North has Austin Nelson who is very good and can take over a game. Kings Mountain is very athletic and played in a very tough conference. They can score a lot of points in a hurry

#18 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

Mooresville got what I would say was a pretty decent draw... Pinecrest at home in rd 1 is tough but winnable. Then the possibility of seeing aC in round two if AC can upset Rocky River.

Should have said *Mooresville Girls*

#19 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

I think there is about 4 or 5 teams who could represent the west in 3a. I would say my top picks would be Freedom,Cox Mill and Robinson.Hickory could suprise people too, of course being a freedom guy I am hoping for a clean sweep in boys and girls.

I agree about Robinson as well as about Cox Mill. As far Robinson goes sure if they got past Northern Gaston they more then likely will have to make the long trip to Asheville, looking at this matchup this actually might be a very good match up for Robinson. If Robinson can knock down the 3 three-point shot consistently they will be very hard to beat in the playoff. As far Cox Mill goes let assume that Cox Mill beat Ashbrook in the first round the 2nd round game could be a very difficult hard game against West Rowan. Cox Mill defense is very good I would say that they play the best defense in the SPC. One more team that could be very dangerous team is Hickory Ridge. I would venture to say that Hickory Ridge does not as much note variety as Cox Mill and Robinson but this Hickory Ridge team is a very good team.

#20 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:31 AM

Looks like McDowell girls are in the field but will have a tall task against NW Guilford..

Tall indeed......

#21 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:32 AM

I wouldn't sleep on North Henderson or Kings Mountain either in 3A West. North has Austin Nelson who is very good and can take over a game. Kings Mountain is very athletic and played in a very tough conference. They can score a lot of points in a hurry

The part of the bracket Kings Mountain is in should be called the "Group of Death".  Them, Cox Mill, West Rowan, and Hickory Ridge.  Mamma mia....

#22 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:34 AM

Ledford's fairly solid all-around but I don't think they're on the level of a Freedom or Hickory Ridge.  

#23 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:01 AM

In the 3A Boys, watch out for Terry Sanford.  The Johnson brothers are back.  With them, they're a legit darkhorse to get to states. 

There's an outstanding potential second-round matchup looming between Eastern Guilford and Southern Durham.  

Also, I'm calling it right now.......in the 3A Girls, Havelock will defeat Orange in the second round (if they meet).  

#24 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:04 AM

Should have said *Mooresville Girls*

Yeah, I don't imagine the Mooresville boys are going to have a fun time at "The Ranch".  They'll be hearing the name "Langley" a lot.  

#25 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:44 AM

Yeah, I don't imagine the Mooresville boys are going to have a fun time at "The Ranch". They'll be hearing the name "Langley" a lot.

Yeah.. our starting PG broke his foot in the conference title game... so that doesn't help much either lol

JeffChapman-Dynamic