Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Whitman out as Rosman HC

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

http://www.citizen-t...aches/97985390/

According to the Citzen Times Rosman is searching for a new HC. Freddie Whitman's time is up after 7 seasons and a 34-54 record dating back to 2010. He only had one pure winning season (2015,) but he made the 3rd round in 1A back in 2012 and is the most sucessful Rosman coach vs. Brevard in the teams history. From the article it looks to be Rosman's choice to make the change.

Rosman had a rough year in '16 only going 2-10 with 2 wins over an academy and loosing to North Duplin in round 1. Time will tell how this will go for the Tigers.

Any ideas for those from the area? Always found Rosman intresting.

#2 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:19 PM

They need the Pisgah coach to come back home.

#3 smashmouth

smashmouth

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

He has tried to come back 2 times in the past. But our lower end of the county administration wouldn't do what it needed to get him here. Hopefully with our new principal and athletic director we'll actually run a good search and make it worth their while to be want to come to Rosman like they do in the lower end of the county.

#4 smashmouth

smashmouth

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:35 AM

Chris or anybody have any info about this job?

#5 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,769 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

I'm not 100% sure, I've only had one coach contact me to let me know he was asked to come in for an interview.  Other than that, I really don't know what they're doing. 

#6 smashmouth

smashmouth

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

Thanks Chris.

#7 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 657 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

Pisgah coach to Rosman would be a steal. And a cool homecoming.

#8 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,769 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:14 AM

It was approved last night that Rosman has hired Matt Stack from McMichael HS in Rockingham County.  Knowing Coach Stack, I think this is a good hire and having spoke with him last night, he's very anxious to get there and get to work.  He's done a remarkable job just in making McMichael competitive, he's also very good in the weight room so I'm hoping this works out well for all. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic