Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

NPC Championships

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:30 AM

Mooresville vs North Iredell

Mooresville vs AC

Thoughts? Predictions?

#2 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

Can North Iredell repeat?  Will Mooresville break thru or go 0-2?  Big Friday!!!

#3 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

I got NI girls by 7 and AC by 3

#4 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

I would say NI should be a heavy favorite. Mooresville has been one of the hottest teams in conference, outside of NI. Last game was a tough battle.. NI was up 14+ a couple different times but Mooresville battled back. Expect North to put on a show on their home floor.

#5 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:26 AM

Guys game is a toss up... two contrasting styles. If Mooresville can turn it into a track meet, I'll take Mooresville. If AC can milk it and keep it a half court game-- the. I'd take AC.

#6 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

This could be one of the bigger nights in our hoops programs history... as far as I can remember we've never had our guys and girls play for a title in the same night..

#7 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

I got Mooresville boys winnining over AC. I say North girls will win but it would be big if both Mooresville boys and girls win out. The game between North girls and Mooresville may get interesting especially if North is not playing well. Both should be good games.

#8 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

As a fan of North Iredell ladies only concern I have is that they come out tight with the pressure of finishing undefeated. They are the better team and should win but will the pressure get to them? ?????   I think the boys championship is a toss up! both teams won on their home court in conference play. Could go either way. North's ladies by 14!

#9 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:51 AM

I think our Ladies team is pretty good but maybe a touch over rated.  I think an athletic team will cause us a lot of trouble.  We lack a little speed and a good man to man defensive team will shut down our offense.  Just depends on desire tonight.  I think our ladies can finish strong and go into the playoffs undefeated.  Raiders by at least 10 tonight and will be strong come next week when the playoffs start.  Wish I could make it to tonight's game.  GOOD LUCK LADY RAIDERS!!!!!!

#10 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:45 AM

Gator.. you might lack speed but the one thing you've got a lot of is size.

#11 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

0-2 on the night for Mooresville.

Girls started slow... outscored 23-9 after 1. We definitely looked nervous. But settled into the game and battled back. But the lady Raiders held on for a 58-51 Win. Congratulations to them on a perfect season, 26-0

#12 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:40 PM

Called it.

#13 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:51 PM

Guys game was a mess... looked flat from the start. As soon as we gained some traction in the 3rd... our point guard broke his foot (was landed on). Then all momentum was halted.

Refs were horrendous both games

#14 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

Will Mooresville make the playoffs?

#15 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:25 PM

I wasn't at the game but the girls for Mooresville look like they made a good comeback but just a little short. But congrat. to North Iredell girls for having a perfect season so far. Good Luck to all the teams that make the playoffs in this conference.

#16 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

Congrats to my North Iredell Ladies! Thought they played a very good first half but tightened up in 2nd half, maybe nerves,,,,only concern I have going into the playoffs is their perimeter defense. They do not play the shooting guards tight enough for some reason. Wonder what seed they will get?

#17 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

Defensively NI collapses so hard to the paint it opens up the drive and kicks a lot. Mooresville manage to get a number of open 3's doing that, unfortunately not many fell for us

#18 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:56 PM

Only problem I have for NI is: Going into playoffs undefeated is a great feast but very tough to remain undefeated n this is where it matters , I would rather loses early so we are use to what losing is like so A lot is riding in the playoffs for the Lady Raiders

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#19 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

I wouldn't call NI a title threat- BUT I think they'll at least get to round 3

#20 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:40 PM

NI girls got to round three last year and got eliminated by Freedom(who didn't). And No has there top six players from last year. So should go farther than third round. Especially with the top seed.

#21 Coachcre

Coachcre

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:49 PM

I think Freedom and Hickory Ridge have the best chance of representing the west. I have heard Hickory ridge is solid and Freedom has to have of  the best backcourts in the state if not the best.

#22 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:06 AM

NI girls got to round three last year and got eliminated by Freedom(who didn't). And No has there top six players from last year. So should go farther than third round. Especially with the top seed.

I think your a tad biased since you are a Raider Fan, no question NI has the talent there and they will do well but If you get a tough team like Freedom or Hickory Ridge or another team , It will be hard also like I stated above being Unfeated bring even more pressure to playoffs bc if u loses ur done but if lost earlier it isn't as bad.

NI makes it to 3-4 round/ maybe states but they have long tough road ahead and everything to lose! I will wish the best of luck and Hope NI bring back a title if they make that far!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#23 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:58 PM

North seriously will have their hands full with Hickory (potentially) in round 2. I led be tempted to lean towards Hickory but I've not really looked at hickory much in depth yet

JeffChapman-Dynamic