Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Eddins out at West Montgomery: Who's the next guy?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

The obvious picks would be Johnson or Neal who are already on staff. Both have HC experience. In the end I think it's one of these two who gets it. I think both would do great jobs. Others with experience I'd consider...

Luke Little from Whiteville. He's already been mentioned and I think he'd do very well. Did a good job when he was in the conference at South Stanly.

Mike Vogt from North Moore. Guy has done wonders turning that program around. Put him those athletes and I think he'd keep it right on rolling at West.

Russel Stone. Should be coaching in the YVC at Albemarle right now. Would be an out of the park home run hire for West.

I agree with this , Eddins built a strong enough foundation that the guys who worked him would be the best options ,especially for the 2 year term .

#27 Bullzye

Bullzye

Established Member

• Coach
  • 897 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:54 AM

This is a no-brainer (as far as I'm concerned) - not that I care, either way. The best, most logical choice for this job is Ken Neal. He meets/fits all the criteria noted in the vacancy posting. In addition, his elevation is (would be) quick, clean, & without controversy. Being a Guidance Counselor, his ability to "impact lives" & make a difference beyond the classroom & playing fields is both strong & proven. As a football coach (& Man), he is one of the Best. The transition is seamless & facilitates the greatest attrition within - & continuity for - the coaching staff. Just sayin. But, what do I know? Most of yall know I ain't too smart anyway.

#28 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

WM1977 I give you credit for making some valid points, as did sweaterfree in reply to running up the score and padding stats with McKinney. Please do not question what hammer has done at emhs. He has taken a program that once had a proud tradition and in recent years has been at the bottom of an awful league and made it a contender once again. No one is saying that he isn't blessed with some good talent at emhs, we all know that he is. He has gotten the kids out of the halls m, off the basketball court, and into the field. He is using fundamentals and sound coaching to improve the play of the team. You have to admit that he had done a great job at emhs. Remember Eddins is a great coach and will be missed in moco but he did have some great talent as well. Good luck to Eddins, good luck to hammer, good luck to emhs on the hire, and good luck the the merging high schools.

#29 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:17 PM

Sorry good luck to wmhs on the hire

#30 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

FYI...East Montgomery's proud tradition was a 6 year run with one Conference Championship. Aside from that they have seen many, many opposing Homecoming Queens crowned! Hammer has done well with what he has to work with. Also aiding that success is playing in a horrible conference. As does West Montgomery. The difference is the playoff success West has had vs. the lack of playoff success the Eagles have had. There's where you judge the difference in the two. One is a flash in the pan team vs. a program. The overall attitude of the community at West is 100% different than that of East. Always has been.

#31 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:50 PM

WM1977 it is obvious that the river in moco is a landmark that is difficult for you to cross, and that there may be some hatred for the eagles. Please remember that we should all want both schools to be successful and all the young men and women that go to these schools to be successful. Like many schools both east and west have had up and down years. West success has been great to see and I am happy for the school. It is good to see east back to form from their years in the early 90s when they were consistently ranked in the top five of the state. Everyone in the county should be proud that our high school football is some of the best 1a football in the state and not downplay any success that any school may have. Again good luck to Eddins, good luck to hammer, good luck to wmhs on the hire, and good luck to the merging schools.

#32 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:48 PM

it's more than a river. It's a way of life. I'm not the only person that feels this way. The county was divided in the early 60's and it'll never be combined. The "high school" will never be centralized. it may be built, it may be a Montgomery County High School. But there are wheels in motion that will ensure that West Montgomery will have another option. WMCS. Regardless of the board, Superintendent and how he's been swayed by the $$$ thrown at him, West will always be a different entity. You say that the "landmark" is difficult for me to cross. I'm the voice of a majority. Sit back and watch. It's not just an athletic or academic issue. It's way deeper than that.

#33 new_dawg

new_dawg

JV Team

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:53 AM

it's more than a river. It's a way of life. I'm not the only person that feels this way. The county was divided in the early 60's and it'll never be combined. The "high school" will never be centralized. it may be built, it may be a Montgomery County High School. But there are wheels in motion that will ensure that West Montgomery will have another option. WMCS. Regardless of the board, Superintendent and how he's been swayed by the $$$ thrown at him, West will always be a different entity. You say that the "landmark" is difficult for me to cross. I'm the voice of a majority. Sit back and watch. It's not just an athletic or academic issue. It's way deeper than that.

WM 77, you should move to Stanly County and run for school board.   You'd fit right in that crowd with your mindset.

#34 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

I have walked the halls of both schools and I have crossed the river many times.  I have friends and family that live of both sides of the river and let me say that the neither side of the river is a different entity.  All people in MOCO East or West work hard and want the best for their families. If we live like the 60's and continue to act as if it is the 60's we will fail.  Central HS will be the best thing for MOCO and the students of that system.  

#35 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:39 PM

Any news yet? Rumors?

JeffChapman-Dynamic