Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

1A west prelimenary brackets

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bleed purple for life

Bleed purple for life

Established Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:07 AM

Does anyone have or has anyone seen prelimenary brackets?

#2 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:27 AM

If you are talking regional brackets then they are not up. Seeding meetings take place at different dates for each class and regions. Some start tonight and I have heard a 4A east side is on Thursday. Of course this means a late posting again. Best resource is the coach of your team.

#3 Bleed purple for life

Bleed purple for life

Established Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:52 AM

Yeah that's what i mean but I was wondering if anyone had made some up or tried to 

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

It could be done ahead of time but for each region, each classification, and 14 weights that would be extremely tough. And nobody knows if a kid will bump up or down to improve his winning. A team could have non qualifiers for region and send a kid from say 120 to 126 to get away from a stud at regionals. Lots of gamemanship gets used during this time of the year.

Kids will get seeded by winning percentage before the state duals. A mininum of 15 bouts must be achieved for a seeding but not regional qualification. This was much easier to identify three years ago before the state association went to a different software system. Before they used the same system as the colleges across the country.

#5 Bleed purple for life

Bleed purple for life

Established Member

• Members
  • 570 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

Unofficial 1A seeding is on track wrestling

#6 Appvol

Appvol

Established Member

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:24 PM

Good job to the Avery kids 2 regional champions and 3 placed 3rd.

VFL

JeffChapman-Dynamic