Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Bryan Till New Richmond Senior High School Head Coach

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 RCTarHeel

RCTarHeel

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

This hiring deserves its own thread. Time to move forward for ALL Richmond Raider fans! Welcome to Raider Country, Coach Till.

http://www.fayobserv...28b1786276.html

#2 richmondraidersbooster

richmondraidersbooster

JV Team

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Great idea! Welcome coach!

#3 The Victors

The Victors

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

I think Coach Till is a good hire. Everyone in Richmond likes to compare each coach to Daryl Barnes. Daryl Barnes was ahead of his time (requiring year round strengh and condition training for his players).  Coach Barnes was great, no doubt. But lets look at Coach Till. He is young (around the same age a Barnes when he came to Richmond). Coach Till's record at Terry Sanford isn't an undefeated record, neither was Coach Barnes' when he came to Richmond from Southern Guilford and Northeast Guilford. Their records are not that different at the same time in their careers. I am a die hard raiders fan, but what a lot of people in Richmond County need to realize it that Mike Thomas and Flip Ellerbe are not walking throught that door again. It is great to wish for a championship every year but it is not possible.  The late 80's and early 90's were a special time for Richmond football, it may happen again, it may not. You always want to reach for the stars but if you don't make it don't take out on the new coach, give him a chance and don't forget he ASKED to be here, he WANTS to be a Richmond Raider.

#4 Raiders007

Raiders007

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

You don't want to be a Raider if you don't want to LIVE IN Richmond County...

#5 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,142 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

One thing many people overlook and I have been told by those who were part of it at one time and others that went against his teams, the assistant coaching staffs that Daryl Barnes had were as good as it gets.  Great coaching staffs with continuity are one of the most important aspects of a great program.

#6 Barefoot

Barefoot

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

You don't want to be a Raider if you don't want to live in Richmond County? Now I've heard it all...

#7 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

http://yourdailyjour...-football-coach

#8 Raiders007

Raiders007

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

You don't want to be a Raider if you don't want to live in Richmond County? Now I've heard it all...

That may have come off a little harsh... I'm sure Coach Till wants to be a Raider. Part of being a Raider, however, is being involved in the community, not just on the field. You have to learn the people, gain their respect (as a coach and a man), etc. It's hard to do that if you aren't going to live within the county.

#9 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,142 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:23 PM

If I were Coach Till I would not move from his current residence until the school year is completed if he has children.  Not fair to uproot them during the middle of the semester or school year.  I would want to be living in Rockingham as soon as possible during the summer and be a full fledged Raider Family come first day of school 2017-2018.

#10 wolf22

wolf22

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

Were is the insight coming that he is not living in Richmond or is it just guessing?

#11 raider1

raider1

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:02 PM

I dont think Coach Till has any children....We'll take him when he gets here on his own time....I think he's ready to get the job going.........Give him time to get it all together........He has a lot on his plate right now, and a tough job facing him......He needs all the support he can get.......Good Luck Coach in 2017.....

#12 1Twister

1Twister

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:39 AM

Coach Till has already stated that he wants to get there as soon as possible. He also has stated a desire to promote youth football in the area which is a major contributor to success down the road. People that I know, who know him personally, have only good things to say about him.

#13 raider1

raider1

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

Super Bowl loss by Atlanta was biggest blown lead since Hillary....Go Patriots....UNREAL......GO RAIDERS IN 2017...

#14 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

Way better choice than what I think some of us thought theyd make. Congrats to Coach Till!

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#15 RCTarHeel

RCTarHeel

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

According to his Twitter feed about an hour ago, former Raider assistant coach Greg Williams is returning to the Richmond staff. In my opinion, that is fantastic news for Raider Nation! I would say Coach Till is off to a great start!

#16 RaiderNation

RaiderNation

Established Member

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:05 PM

According to his Twitter feed about an hour ago, former Raider assistant coach Greg Williams is returning to the Richmond staff. In my opinion, that is fantastic news for Raider Nation! I would say Coach Till is off to a great start!

#17 RaiderNation

RaiderNation

Established Member

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:11 PM

I have it confirmed that former Offensive Coordinator Greg Williams is returning to the Raiders coaching staff. He will be the Asst Head Coach while working on the Offensive side of the ball.
I totally agree with RC TARHEEL, this is great news. Williams is a Great coach & even better person! Good hire Coach Till.

#18 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,142 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

Williams is a great coach. He is the assistant that other assistants and Hoggard supported for the HC job when the job was open last time.

#19 chasjip

chasjip

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 02:32 AM

Denson is new oc

#20 Raider2015

Raider2015

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

Denson is new oc

no he is not the same OC is still there!

#21 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:32 AM

no he is not the same OC is still there!

I've spoken to someone on the staff, and I was told that Denson is in fact the new OC. Brudeau is out.

#22 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:33 AM

Williams is a great coach. He is the assistant that other assistants and Hoggard supported for the HC job when the job was open last time.

WRs took some steps back in the blocking department as well as flat out catching the ball. Williams is the best WR-blocking coach in the state, IMO.

#23 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,142 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

Williams believes in aggressive play.  Not afraid to dig in someone's butt.  He is what they need.  If this does not work out, he is the one I would hire next.  Hopefully that is not needed.

#24 DJohn

DJohn

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Where or what role will Brudeau play

#25 chasjip

chasjip

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts