Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

3A Final Brackets

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

Final brackets are out as of thirty minutes ago. Host sites listed as well at NCHSAA website.

My first day predictions are:

Union Pines

Orange

Morehead

Enka

Fred T Foard

Piedmont

North Henderson

I still think Enka and Orange are the favorites for a final. Lots of quality teams in this 3A group. Piedmont and Morehead have great teams. Never count out Piedmont's coaching. They bump kids around for strategy better than any team I have seen.

#2 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

GDG-can you post a link to the brackets?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#3 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

www.nchsaa.org

Not sure why the link is not working. Could be this MAC. Google NCHSAA wrestling brackets and you should find it.

#4 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

Thanks.

Interesting that Salisbury will be going all the way to Washington for a match.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#5 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

www.nchsaa.org

Not sure why the link is not working. Could be this MAC. Google NCHSAA wrestling brackets and you should find it.

Luckily it was scrolling on the NCHSAA front page. BTW the NCHSAA has the worst website for finding anything that I have ever seen.

― C.S. Lewis

#6 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

Luckily it was scrolling on the NCHSAA front page. BTW the NCHSAA has the worst website for finding anything that I have ever seen.

Totally agree about the website. Its not like they don't have the money. I've seen the end of year accounting reports and believe me they have a lot of money every year. Cash and assets for a non profit that only got cut loose a few years ago raised my eyebrow like Hillary Clinton's VP choice.

#7 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:41 PM

Fred T Foard has no problem with Jay M Robinson and Hickory Ridge. Thursday will be an Enka match up.

#8 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:56 PM

Piedmont beat West Henderson badly. Was up 43-0 before forfeiting all the remaining matches to keep everyone fresh. Piedmont over St. Stephens with the win decided early. Forfeited remaining matches. Final 34-32.

#9 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

North Henderaon over both Pisgah and Weddington.

JeffChapman-Dynamic