Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

2A Preliminary Bracket

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

I don't see anything standing in the way of a Chase vs Newton-Conover west final. The 2A west is down overall.

The east is loaded. The top half is really loaded. Washington, Croatan, Dixon, and Mt. Pleasant. All these have had an excellent year. The lower half of the bracket has a number of teams that could win with Farmville possibly a favorite. Keep an eye on Wheatmore in the lower half.

Most intriguing match in the first round is Carrboro vs Farmville. Maybe the best wrestler in North Carolina is Quinten Monday for Carrboro.

#2 BroadwayJ

BroadwayJ

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

Mount Pleasant and Washington have a long road trip ahead. 4 hour trip east for Mt Pleasant and 4 hours west for Washington.

#3 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

Mount Pleasant and Washington have a long road trip ahead. 4 hour trip east for Mt Pleasant and 4 hours west for Washington.

Yes. That a crazy travel for wrestling considering they will come that far west then four hours back. Then only have a day before doing it again. And football people complain about travel on a Friday night. Basically a wrestling team that wins till the finals will almost not attend school after Monday because Friday is another day of travel as well. The good thing is if Washington is in the finals it will be at Washington. If Newton makes the finals I might make the trip.

I haven't been to that area since the duck hunting days. Those days days where fun trips. Lots of memories and stories on the rivers and Hyde County shore line.

#4 BroadwayJ

BroadwayJ

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:24 AM

Washington/Beaufort Co./Hyde Co. has it's charm. If you love the outdoors it's the place to live. It N/C and Washington make it that far and you decide to make the trip let me know and I'll treat you to a meal.

#5 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Thanks. Made the trip to Croatan in 2013. Snowed the way down and back. A Prius is no snow automobile. Good luck with to Washington tonight.

#6 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

Newton-Conover over West Caldwell and RS Central.

JeffChapman-Dynamic