Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Mooresville dominates Lake Norman

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:28 PM

Mooresville continues their very strong year (again) and dominates Lake Norman 58-17 to win the NPC Conference title

#2 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

Lake Norman usually dominated the conference. I saw them wrestle a little at a tournament this year and they are not near as strong. Past years saw them and Parkland as the west contenders for the finals. Parkland owned the landscape for eight years. I havent seen Mooresville this year. Who's the coach at Mooresville?

#3 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

I think it's still coach Watson. Mooresville seems to have been pretty dominant again this year. I know they just had an article in the Charlotte observer about them

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

I think it's still coach Watson. Mooresville seems to have been pretty dominant again this year. I know they just had an article in the Charlotte observer about them

Very good year. They will have to get by Davie and West Forsyth who are dominate wrestling programs. It's good to see someone in the west challenging those programs. Good luck to the Blue Devils next week in the duals. Hopefully they don't draw West Forsyth in round two or three.

#5 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

Well Mooresville is on the opposite side of the bracket from West Forsyth. It's time to make it happen. Davie county stands in the way of that final with a 30-1 record for Mooresville to contend with. West Forsyth at 49-0 is the team to beat. This may be the most competitive west bracket in a long time. When Coach Atwood left Parkland for West Forsyth his staff said they would be wrestling for the title in three years. Year three is here.

#6 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:37 AM

Didn't realize brackets were out already

#7 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:42 AM

Or are they? I can't get them to show up on the NCHSAA site

#8 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

Typical NCHSAA wrestling brackets. When they made the bracket flow pdf it was posted not filled in. After the first two rounds it may get filled in. Old sheet has disappeared off the site.

#9 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:43 AM

Of course haha

#10 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:02 PM

So I just looked-- at 30-1 how did Davie get the 8 seed lol. On the bracket it has #1 NW Guilford (26-2) vs #8 Davie Co (30-1) at Davie

#11 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:05 PM

Conference champs get seeded first. Davie as one of the five best teams in the state and finished second in conference to West Forsyth who was undefeated this year. Davie made it as a wild card team. No second place seeding this year.

Southern Alamance, Davie, West Forsyth is on Mooresville's west bracket. Very tough road ahead. Win and advance. Never can tell how many wrestlers get injured over the week. I have seen a team go from favored to losing in the second round. Two injured kids shakes up an entire rotation for a coach.

#12 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:12 PM

Ok so next question being how did Davie get the 8 seed and then was chosen as the host site for rounds one and 2? Don't the top 2 seeds get to host, or is that something that's predetermined prior to playoffs

#13 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

Code seeding has nothing to do with host site. Volunteers and central location. Good idea though. Cost more to host than schools take in ticket and concessions.

JeffChapman-Dynamic