Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

NCHSAA: Need to make Changes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

One thing that has always concerned me is the NCHSAA not having brackets ready until Sunday before the following Tuesday first and second round matches (which are back to back in the same gym). Nobody has any idea the matches will take place till Monday and don't know where the matches will be. This is ridiculous. It proves to me the NCHSAA just wants the playoff to get done.

Then the title match preparation only has about 12 hours to make plans to travel to the east or west site for the championship. Again this is crazy. A team wins the east Thursday night at 10:30pm and then has to make plans for a bus, hotel, and prep for the opponent in 12 hours with school in session for Saturday's match. Not done in football, not done in basketball. It's stuff like this that keeps wrestling at the bottom of the rung in sports. Fans can't make plans in this short of time to travel 300 miles for a championship.

I'd like to see all 4 classifications take place at one venue on the same day wth a week in between the regional finals. For this to happen it would mean closing the regular season earlier and opening the match limit per week up or cutting down on the number of matches overall. This is a simple issue to resolve. That would also allow the regionals to be spread out more as well.

#2 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

Brackets were posted as a final today at 10:45am with the first two rounds starting tomorrow at 7:00pm. Host sites for the first two rounds just got determined. So parents and fans have one day to make plans to see their respective teams. Then this happens again for Thursday of this week.

I will be taking in either a west 4A or 3A first and second round Tuesday at Mooresville or Fred T Foard venues. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic