Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Basketball around the Triad

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:09 AM

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  I'll try to answer them as best I can. I've watched a ton of b'ball around here.   :)

#2 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

OK Chute here you go.

Who is going to come out on top in the PAC6?

If you get that one right will you buy me a lottery ticket? And pick the numbers please.

#3 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:20 AM

Kidd, don't get your hopes up on that ticket.

That is a tough, tough, tough call.  I think it'll be anyone's ball game until the very last bounce.  On talent and athleticism alone, I'd go with Andrews.....but I don't think they'll show up every night.  I like PG's chances (if they ever get Locklear back).  It looks like Trinity, Wheatmore, and Randleman are going to take turns beating up on each other. Not sure what ER will do.

I think I'll take..........Andrews.  I'll definitely pick the numbers if that comes to fruition.

#4 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:34 AM

There was a big upset in the northern part of Greensboro last night.  Northern Guilford whooped #1 ranked Eastern Alamance 69-46.  I can't believe this is the same Nighthawk team I watched lose to Williams on Tuesday.  Go figure that one......

#5 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

Kidd, don't get your hopes up on that ticket.

That is a tough, tough, tough call.  I think it'll be anyone's ball game until the very last bounce.  On talent and athleticism alone, I'd go with Andrews.....but I don't think they'll show up every night.  I like PG's chances (if they ever get Locklear back).  It looks like Trinity, Wheatmore, and Randleman are going to take turns beating up on each other. Not sure what ER will do.

I think I'll take..........Andrews.  I'll definitely pick the numbers if that comes to fruition.

Andrews would have been my guess also however they didn't really blow out PG last night, who played without Daylin yet again. Word is he will be back for 2nd half of conference.

I have not seen Wheatmore personally yet but that will change next week. Looks like almost all the teams,except maybe one, are about even depending on where you are playing. May come down to who has the best coach. So painfully I would say you might have to watch out for Trinity at the end. Like him or not their head coach seems to always get the best out of his team. I don't see any team pulling away from the rest.

Finally as far as ER, they have been hit hard with the injury bug. The Parsons twins are both sporting matching crutches which definitely has hurt the team on the boards. This has also led to team becoming highly dependent on guards for scoring which means they are a jump shooting team and unless you live in Golden State can be troublesome. Defensively still searching for right answer however held Randleman down for most of the game last night before ER's legs gave out in 4th. If they trusted bench a little more earlier in game ER possibly would be fresher for push in 4th but have not reached that stage yet.

OK if Andrews ends up on top I will meet you at PG during baseball for my numbers.

Oh and can I borrow $2 to buy it?

#6 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:16 AM

Yeah, I think I got some spare change....

That's great to hear about Locklear.  PG drives way better with him at the wheel. 

Not so great about the Parsons twins.  I've always liked Justin Parsons's game. 

#7 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

That's great to hear about Locklear.  PG drives way better with him at the wheel. 

Dang now I got to pull for Andrews.

Hey free is free.

Justin was ER's only returning high flyer and him being out all year has really hurt the team. His brother Justice has always been under rated in my opinion. I think his under the rim style is often very effective. Plays smart which sometimes hard to find in HS basketball.

I think PG may make a push late in season if Daylin does come back at full strength. Wheatmore may be the wildcard. We shall see.

Let's go Andrews! Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

#8 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:47 AM

Chute heard last night at PG game that Locklear will be held out for the rest of the year. 

PG not quite the same without him.

Right now Andrews has 2 game lead. Lottery here we come!!!!

#9 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:05 AM

Drat.  Good that they're not rushing him back though.  

#10 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:52 AM

Kidd, you're one step closer to lotto.  Saw Andrews survive Trinity last night.  I had forgotten just how hot Trinity's gym can get.  Even only filled to about half-capacity, it still felt like 100 degrees in there. 

#11 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:47 AM

Kidd, you're one step closer to lotto.  Saw Andrews survive Trinity last night.  I had forgotten just how hot Trinity's gym can get.  Even only filled to about half-capacity, it still felt like 100 degrees in there. 

Yeah we had to sit in there a couple of days ago. Makes you remove layers huh?

Don't think any of the boys teams are really much better than others. Even though Andrews is undefeated, their wins have mostly been under 10 points each game. ER travels there tonight. 

Chute baseball starts in less than a month. Can't wait to be a lottery winner. We ain't talking cheap scratch off either. I need Powerball winnings. OK someone told me those tickets cost less than scratches. That will be fine.

#12 coachtyson93

coachtyson93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:51 AM

Wheatmore looking good. Beat PG by 16 last Friday night

#13 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:27 AM

Nice win for Wheatmore last night.  I think Kelly Jr.'s got Randolph County COY on lock.  

#14 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:53 AM

Nice win for Wheatmore last night.  I think Kelly Jr.'s got Randolph County COY on lock.  

He SHOULD.

But with that honor being bestowed by a certain paper's sports editor you never know.

#15 coachtyson93

coachtyson93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

We got I huge win one Tuesday we took down. T.W Andrews. It has been awesome working with him this season.

#16 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

We got I huge win one Tuesday we took down. T.W Andrews. It has been awesome working with him this season.

It was a big win but looks like now you guys have to pull for Trinity tonight.

Now that's a conundrum huh?

#17 coachtyson93

coachtyson93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, we are but we gotta take business tonight when we play y'all. Those guards are tough on us. It would be nice our first year as a coaching staff to win a conference championship.

#18 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:42 PM

You guys are too big for ER. The loss of 3 post players to season ending injuries has really hurt depth inside. Guard dependent teams can do well for a while but makes it tough when grind of 4th quarter comes. Safe travels and see you guys in a little while.

#19 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:04 PM

Man did not see that coming???

#20 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:13 AM

Wow.  Me neither.  Way to go Cats!

#21 coachtyson93

coachtyson93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

Good luck against Andrews tonight would like to see a upset

#22 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:30 PM

Don't see it happening but I was wrong the other night too.

At least you guys should be at home for first round next week. By winning a couple of games looks like ER will be rewarded with another lovely bus ride near the coast.

Are there not enough teams within an hour or so that they could seed teams so travel would not be such a hardship? 

I know, I know new playoff seeding process doesn't take this into account. However even in old system of last spring ER baseball made a different time zone trip to Kill Devil Hills in 1st round? Really we went and saw Braves play a couple of years ago and it was a shorter ride.

Oh and good luck to Wheatmore tonight too.

#23 coachtyson93

coachtyson93

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

This may help

http://www.highschoo...2017-/16486066/

Looks like yall will have too play some good teams.

we could play East Lincoln 

#24 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

Don't see it happening but I was wrong the other night too.

At least you guys should be at home for first round next week. By winning a couple of games looks like ER will be rewarded with another lovely bus ride near the coast.

Are there not enough teams within an hour or so that they could seed teams so travel would not be such a hardship? 

I know, I know new playoff seeding process doesn't take this into account. However even in old system of last spring ER baseball made a different time zone trip to Kill Devil Hills in 1st round? Really we went and saw Braves play a couple of years ago and it was a shorter ride.

Oh and good luck to Wheatmore tonight too.

I'm thinking the Wildcats will be at Bermuda first round. 

#25 thekidd12

thekidd12

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

I'm thinking the Wildcats will be at Bermuda first round. 

Bermuda?

Chute will I need a passport?  :D

Never been on a cruise but thanks NCHSAA. Your wisdom in sending the middle of the state high school anywhere from Murphy to Manteo to even out playoff brackets has never ceased to amaze.

JeffChapman-Dynamic