Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Salisbury head football coach opening

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,772 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

Ryan Crowder has resigned his position as Head Football Coach at Salisbury High School.

Coach Crowder has been coaching football at Salisbury High School since 2000 starting as an assistant coach, before being promoted to Defensive Coordinator, and then head coach in 2013.
Resumes are now being accepted and can be submitted via email to dale.snyder@rss.k12.nc.us.

#2 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

Surprised this has been so quiet.  What's the news and what names are circulating?  I know Salisbury has been down a bit lately, but just a few years ago they won a state championship.  Could be a good job for the right person.

#3 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:49 PM

Salisbury need get back to dominate running attack n solid defense bc usually it's a fun conference when NR n Salisbury are good and others

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#4 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,772 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:57 PM

Beginning next year, Salisbury won't be in the same league as North Rowan.

#5 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 17,772 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:01 PM

There seems to be one leading candidate who's name has been circulating around amongst the coaches in the area. He is local and very familiar to the football fans in the county.

The question is, will the admin support the coach and by support I mean, allow him to hire quality teachers that coach. Coach Crowder's hands were tied and he wasn't allowed to hire coaches. If the Salisbury admin allows a new coach to hire some quality assistants, I feel the talent is in place to quickly get back towards to the top of the 2A rankings.

#6 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:43 PM

Beginning next year, Salisbury won't be in the same league as North Rowan.

Well I would assume they may stay Non conference n Do u like where NR ended up? I feel like they would fit more into this conference with Salisbury then where they are

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#7 Slashman

Slashman

Established Member

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:15 AM

It's odd to see them so down they used to be so dominant at one point. We played them my senior year when they won the title and to see all those freak athletes they had was unreal. I think they could get back to that but it'll take a coach with a steady hand and patience it won't be overnight.

I seen them on film vs. Surry Central this past season and I thought they played very hard. They really should have won that one; Central had one of their cliched last second wins like they had many times this past year. They got some kids there but it will be a little bit basing of what JV talent they have had the last couple of years. Last year's JV's weren't bad so maybe the pool will be back up.

I wouldn't mind seeing Salisbury contend again; as long as we don't play them anymore lol.

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:56 PM

It's odd to see them so down they used to be so dominant at one point. We played them my senior year when they won the title and to see all those freak athletes they had was unreal. I think they could get back to that but it'll take a coach with a steady hand and patience it won't be overnight.

I seen them on film vs. Surry Central this past season and I thought they played very hard. They really should have won that one; Central had one of their cliched last second wins like they had many times this year. They got some kids there but it will be a little bit basing of what JV talent they have had the last couple of years. Last year's JV's weren't bad so maybe the pool will be back up.

I wouldn't mind seeing Salisbury contend again; as long as we don't play them anymore lol.

Salisbury is known for their RBs and Usually they are always good and like u said just a few years ago they won a state title

I seen Salisbury at our jamboree and Salisbury got smacked by Marvin Ridge which was a good match bc both were heavy run teams. Salisbury got manhandled

I would like to see Salisbury get back to winning, I think they need a stable coach and who is patient. I agree the talent is there but I think they need work on the Lines and getting Lines better n So the Rbs can Be better.

Maybe one day I'll see a Salisbury game bc they have a very nice stadium and school from what I have seen

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

Any news on when interviews may start? I heard as many as 40 resumes/applicants.

#10 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

Salisbury is. Good job I meant They got talent , Idk how their support is but They have a nice football stadium and They are good and usually go far when their good so I'm not suprised that A good amount of people applied

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#11 Decleater

Decleater

Rookie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

I am hearing resumes are coming, but top candidates are already pulled.  Again it comes down to what a coach has to work with in talent pool as well as can he get support  on and off the field.  May be why Pinyan walked away.

#12 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

Top candidates?

#13 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:32 PM

Again this has been a very quiet thread for a job with some good possibilities. Any info out there?

JeffChapman-Dynamic