Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

East Rowan Coach Resigns

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Pastorscottjsavage

Pastorscottjsavage

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:44 PM

Just got word that Coach McClamrock just resigned, for family health issues. Praying for coach and his family. Who would be some possible choices to replace him as head coach.

#2 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

Just got word that Coach McClamrock just resigned, for family health issues. Praying for coach and his family. Who would be some possible choices to replace him as head coach.

This may be a long shot but If I was East Rowan, I would heavy target East Rowan Alum in Scott Young, If Coach Young is ready!

Scott Young is a very successful coach and ER knows very well what he did at West Rowan. I believe Scott Young could bring a lot of good to his alma mater.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#3 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:44 PM

Don't forget John Fitz is currently on staff. I know the kids love him. He does a great job in the weight room, and his defense may have scored more than the offense in some games this year. He has a good resume and needs to be considered. I think he could put together a great staff if given the opportunity.

#4 Pastorscottjsavage

Pastorscottjsavage

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:54 PM

Scott Young is a great guy but I don't like how he comes in and throws his son right in at starting quarterback. East has a really good qb in Justin Smith whos future is very bright. It would be ashame for him to just be cast away like I feel he would if Scott was brought on just look at indepence and statesville.

#5 The1WhoKnows

The1WhoKnows

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

Any good coach will play the best 11 regardless if it is his son or not.  Scott Young is a proven winner and deserves another shot.

#6 mustangmom

mustangmom

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

I'll be praying for the Coaches family.  May God bless you and keep you safe.

As for a new coach, East has let some good ones go I just hope they will consider trying again.  The kids are worth it!

#7 Pastorscottjsavage

Pastorscottjsavage

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:41 PM

Any good coach will play the best 11 regardless if it is his son or not. Scott Young is a proven winner and deserves another shot.

I agree he is proven winner but at indepence the qb they had was much better then his son but yet his son got the starting role some in statesville. East has lost so much talent to Carson and other schools in the county, and some not in the county. Just don't want to see that happen to this group and to Justin has the potential to be the qb in the county.

#8 preacherman

preacherman

Established Member

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Praying for Coach McClammrock

#9 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

I agree he is proven winner but at indepence the qb they had was much better then his son but yet his son got the starting role some in statesville. East has lost so much talent to Carson and other schools in the county, and some not in the county. Just don't want to see that happen to this group and to Justin has the potential to be the qb in the county.

I understand were your coming from but I believe Coach young does what best for the team and he has a proven track record like 3 back to back to back state titles. You EARN your spots and He gives everyone a chance. He also brings Discipline and He is very well liked guy.

What happen at Indy was parents crying and getting there way and look at how they did but anyway Coach Young deserves a 2nd chance like anyone else and like I said He is a East Rowan Alum and I think he would be a Good fit at his alma mater.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#10 Pastorscottjsavage

Pastorscottjsavage

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

John Fritz got the intern position today he wants the job full time but East will go through the coaching search process. Fritz wants to go to a triple option offense not sure how I feel about this offense. To me it does not fit the group of young men that east has.

#11 Pastorscottjsavage

Pastorscottjsavage

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:36 PM

Praying for Coach McClammrock

Yes keeping Coach, Maggie, and the boys in our prayers. I know this our God is in control

#12 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:47 PM

If I'm not mistaken the triple option won East Rowan a lot of football games in its recent past.

#13 84k

Established Member

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

Yep, and some parents didn't like it and ran the coach off. They haven't did much seen.

#14 BD4443

BD4443

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

If I remember correctly the change was due to non-football issues and had zero to do with the offense he ran.

#15 preacherman

preacherman

Established Member

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:13 PM

BD4444 you are correct. He was removed for non football related issue

#16 84k

Established Member

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

BD4443 you are right I was thinging of someone else.

#17 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

So far two names have been mentioned....John Fitz and Scott Young. Any other possibilities out there?

#18 Pastorscottjsavage

Pastorscottjsavage

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:15 PM

So far two names have been mentioned....John Fitz and Scott Young. Any other possibilities out there?

That's what I would like to know as well what are some names of other coaches that would be interested in the coaching job.

#19 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:24 PM

I think one biggest challenges for next head coach is being consistent and patient and also getting some more kids to join the team because as we all know ER Has been a up n down program with talent roaming the halls or going somewhere else. they also need to have a good off season/weight room coach to get them linemen and everyone stronger n bigger.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#20 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

Coach Fitz is well respected throughout the state as a S&T coach.

#21 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

Sorry.......S&C

#22 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

Any word on how the process is going n any names rumored to have applied ?

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#23 Pastorscottjsavage

Pastorscottjsavage

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:41 PM

Anyone here any names coming in on the head coaching job at East. Know Fritz has been moved up to interm

#24 TomM

TomM

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Good luck to them getting some quality candidates.  The pay is horrible and from what I heard the administration isn't very supportive.  I guess McClamrock was having a hard time getting teacher/coaches on campus.   

#25 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:45 PM

Had Scott Young name been mention or has he applied here? If I was ER , He would one to call like I stated

Young is a ER Alum so He may have some better community support n maybe have a better relationship with the administration.... Scott Young has the resume to lead ER n ER knows all bout the sucess he had at West Rowan

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

JeffChapman-Dynamic