• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 titanman27

titanman27

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

This week conference play really starts to ramp up in most conferences across the state. 

Some games to watch tonight-

Laney @ New Hanover

Northern @ East Chapel Hill

West Forsyth @ Mt Tabor- Might be the game of the week

Roanoke Rapids @ South Granville

Seventy First @ Overhills

Erwin @ McDowell

#2 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

Erwin at McDowell should be a good one. Both had a close game against E. Burke in the Christmas tournament.

Freedom travels to Watauga, which has been a tough place for us to play in recent years. Hickory vs. S. Caldwell in girls should be a big game towards seeing how the NW3A/4A race shakes out.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#3 titanman27

titanman27

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

Erwin at McDowell should be a good one. Both had a close game against E. Burke in the Christmas tournament.

Freedom travels to Watauga, which has been a tough place for us to play in recent years. Hickory vs. S. Caldwell in girls should be a big game towards seeing how the NW3A/4A race shakes out.

Yea both teams are similar but McDowell beat RS Central twice, Erwin lost to them and McDowell did end up beating E Burke and Erwin didnt.. so I would give them the slight edge especially at home

#4 titanman27

titanman27

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:03 AM

Laney 41 New Hanover 43

Northern 50 E Chapel Hill 63

West Forsyth 61 Mt Tabor 66

Roanoke Rapids 44 South Granville 61

Seventy First 52 Overhills 55

Erwin 60 McDowell 68

#5 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

South Caldwell beat Hickory in girls by about 20. Freedom travels to Sawmills Friday night for a game that will determine the conference front runner.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#6 titanman27

titanman27

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

South Caldwell beat Hickory in girls by about 20. Freedom travels to Sawmills Friday night for a game that will determine the conference front runner.

I dont see anyone touching Freedom in boys.. Hickory and Hibriten may give them a run on their home courts but I think they are the clear favorite 

#7 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

I dont see anyone touching Freedom in boys.. Hickory and Hibriten may give them a run on their home courts but I think they are the clear favorite

We already beat Hickory in Morganton in conference play. I am a little worried about playing them at their place, but I like the way things have been coming together for us recently. Without a big game from Anderson Keller I don't think that Hibriten can stay with us. We have too many guys we can run out to put on him. I think he was frustrated against us the other night.

― C.S. Lewis

#8 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

Who else besides Erwin will be good in the MAC?

Edit: obviously McDowell is a favorite. Didn't mean to imply that the Titans weren't a front runner.

― C.S. Lewis

#9 titanman27

titanman27

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:02 AM

Who else besides Erwin will be good in the MAC?

Edit: obviously McDowell is a favorite. Didn't mean to imply that the Titans weren't a front runner.

North Buncombe may be McDowell's biggest challenger but the titans beat them on their home floor in December. The conference seems really weak but Asheville may also contend. 

Think it will turn out like this-

1. McDowell 3-0

2. Erwin 2-1

3. North Buncombe 2-1

4. Asheville 1-1

5. Reynolds 1-1

6. Roberson 0-2

7. Enka 0-3

JeffChapman-Dynamic