Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mooresville/Lake Norman

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

Didnt Mooresville beat AL brown last year?

Refer to blind squirrel finds a nut theory...

#27 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

Losing no.12 and no.27 would b hard for any team to get over but our whole defense is back. And with a few secondary transfers coming in should tighten the back end up because it was our Achilles heel last year. Offense we will have a loaded backfield and 2 offensive linemen back. But like I said losing Kingsley and hall no 1 can make up 4. But with AB as coach we can get past that. Gonna b a good year of football in 2017 in the Imeck

#28 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:20 AM

Losing no.12 and no.27 would b hard for any team to get over but our whole defense is back. And with a few secondary transfers coming in should tighten the back end up because it was our Achilles heel last year. Offense we will have a loaded backfield and 2 offensive linemen back. But like I said losing Kingsley and hall no 1 can make up 4. But with AB as coach we can get past that. Gonna b a good year of football in 2017 in the Imeck

im agree with my other mooresville poster and say the top half will be good, bottom half will be OK/BAD

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#29 tigercoach55

tigercoach55

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

Vance need to improve their D Line! No sacks in the playoffs is what a parent told me. Also better hope "AB is still there. He is on our wish list at Richmond.

I like Hough allot! Heard the QB from Davidson Day was coming in.

MC will be big on the D Line and good mlb #35, but unless they get a good recruiting class in I dont see any homerun hitters.

#30 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:54 AM

Defense will b a lot better next yr. Pretty much the whole front 7 will be back and a few back end transfers should help a lot. With a yr of lifting n growing should make them a lot better. Like I said should b better but we're talking about teenagers so u know how that goes

#31 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:56 AM

When u go...jack davidson, Davis cheek, and will Jones back 2 back 2 back, coming out with 2 wins says a lot. All potential D1 prospects at qb

#32 tigercoach55

tigercoach55

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:54 AM

Guess I was in the bathroom bc all those guys had good games.

#33 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

Also better hope "AB is still there.

Always going to be a question mark

#34 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

Always going to be a question mark

There's no loyality in football, everybody knows that

#35 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

Has nothing to do with loyalty. I'm sure AB is looking for opportunities ($) for his success and to provide better for his family. Vance environment might be one of the worst in CMS. Also Out of the good teams out of Charlotte, Vance defense was one of the worst. They can go nowhere but up. I would imagine without their high powered offense, they would have been below 500 team. Stay at Vance for what? 

#36 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

Vance need to improve their D Line! No sacks in the playoffs is what a parent told me. Also better hope "AB is still there. He is on our wish list at Richmond.

I like Hough allot! Heard the QB from Davidson Day was coming in.

MC will be big on the D Line and good mlb #35, but unless they get a good recruiting class in I dont see any homerun hitters.

MC loaded with studs on the JV team similar to the 2nd State Championship.team, when those guys stepped up and made it happen. QB will be special. They will get 2 to 3 new guys who will make impacts as usual. (Like Everyone else) It takes a lot more than talent, you would know that if your team has won a State Championship before, if not you're most likely  talking about recruiting classes, which makes no sense.......SMH!

#37 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

There's no loyality in football, everybody knows that

Im not sure thats accurate. Plenty of guys stick around for many years when they find the right spot. I have no issues with coaches trying to find better situations. That said when you hire AB you understand that the resume is fluid and he will have more than a passing interest in new opportunities year in and year out.

Sometimes that strategy works, other times you fall on a landmine and it blows up.

One thing I am sure of is if Brand was to leave Vance he leaves it in much better shape than where he found it.

#38 ZBVANCE

ZBVANCE

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

Work, you would be surprised at the environment here at Vance. We had about 4 years in a row where admin made some bad decisions which trickled down to staff and the students but with the new admin ( Kit Rea)... the last two years there have been little to no problems. Brand has it pretty good over here. They let him run his program. We are still trying to shed the image but when kids and parents come in... the first thing they all say is... this is nothing like I heard. It is always a work in progress and Brand has done nothing but contribute positively to the environment. The pride is up and we have more teams... following the weight room dedication path that the football team set... I.e. Our boys basketball team is 14-2 and the track team will be very good as well. Brand deserves to weigh his options and try to improve his family financially. We all hope he stays, but if a better opportunity comes.. I would be the first to tell him to take it and THEN sit on our coaching search committee to make sure we can keep this train rolling. Lol

#39 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

ZBVANCE: Glad to here about the changes. School has always had a lot of potential. I just don't see AB sticking around. Even if they have a pretty good AD, I've heard.  ;)

#40 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:14 AM

Work, you would be surprised at the environment here at Vance. We had about 4 years in a row where admin made some bad decisions which trickled down to staff and the students but with the new admin ( Kit Rea)... the last two years there have been little to no problems. Brand has it pretty good over here. They let him run his program. We are still trying to shed the image but when kids and parents come in... the first thing they all say is... this is nothing like I heard. It is always a work in progress and Brand has done nothing but contribute positively to the environment. The pride is up and we have more teams... following the weight room dedication path that the football team set... I.e. Our boys basketball team is 14-2 and the track team will be very good as well. Brand deserves to weigh his options and try to improve his family financially. We all hope he stays, but if a better opportunity comes.. I would be the first to tell him to take it and THEN sit on our coaching search committee to make sure we can keep this train rolling. Lol

Vance had a very good year. Regional final, conf champ and a win over neighborhood rival. Brand has had 3 years now with 2 very good seasons. That said we are only 1 year seperated from coaches throwing fists on the sidelines during a game and players having to step in the middle. So..you have to look at both 2016 and 2015 and grade them on the same curve.

Consitency is the next big hurdle. I always new Brand would win there, i was skeptical if he could maintain it over a 6-7 year stretch. Hope he does.

#41 ZBVANCE

ZBVANCE

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

Come on now Wrigley... nobody threw fist... lol. Don't get that rumor started cause cats on here will run with that one. Lol. I feel you though... that's why I hope things play out with Coach Brand continuing to lead Vance... there is still more to prove with a cupboard far from bare.

#42 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:15 PM

Come on now Wrigley... nobody threw fist... lol. Don't get that rumor started cause cats on here will run with that one. Lol. I feel you though... that's why I hope things play out with Coach Brand continuing to lead Vance... there is still more to prove with a cupboard far from bare.

Your right, I'm not gonna do a blow by blow on here. Suffice to say it was a pretty ugly scene. I bring it up because the incident didnt define Vance but last year doesn't necessarily do so either. Lets just say I felt maybe there was something to be learned from it and it seems like the lessons proved pretty valuable.

#43 ZBVANCE

ZBVANCE

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:17 PM

+1 Wrigley

#44 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

+1 Wrigley

We're building something over here at IBM drive. I'm proud to say that I'm a vance cougars dad and my son will be a cougar alumni. Naw back 2 the defense i wouldn't say it's the worst in the city, more like we were exposed in the playoffs. It's no secret the deep pass was our Achilles heel. That's what good coaches do. We just couldn't patch it up in time, but still none the less were expecting better things this year with majority of the defense back a lil stronger and wiser we can build on last year.

JeffChapman-Dynamic