Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mooresville/Lake Norman

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

Mooresville and Lake Norman will once again join up with the CLT area teams to reform the I-Meck (MecKa) and The First time theses teams were in the same conference was from 2009-2012.

Mooresville nemesis are Vance (Vance leads 4-1), Hough (Hough Leads 4-3), Mallard Creek (MC leads 0-4) and WC (2-2)

Lake Norman Nemesis are: MC (MC leads 6-0), Vance (Vance leads 4-0) , Hough (4-4) , Mooresville (10-5 all time) ***8-5 Mooresville leads since 2004**

Should be a interesting return to the I-Meck for both LKN and Mooresville. I-Meck is a different level than NPC so going be interesting on how Both Mooresville/LKN transition back to this type of play , speed, athleticism of the I-Meck

Here's a Very Very Very Early Standings
1. Mallard Creek
2. Vance
3. Hough
4. Lake Norman
5. North Meck
6. Mooresville
7. West Charottle
8. Hopewell

Tell me what are your thoughts and opinion
**Note: I know we are bit away from 2017-2018 season**

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

LN could challange for 3 or even 2 IMO.

#3 84k

Established Member

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

Will Hough be down a little next year.

#4 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:37 PM

I can see them as high as 2nd but idk if they beat Vance.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#5 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:42 PM

Lake Norman loses a lot tho this year so they will be down

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#6 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

Hough at #1

#7 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

Lake Norman will be taking our (Ktown) place in this conference regularly competing, winning a lot of their games and challenging for 2nd/3rd place each year.

Mooorsvill will be taking JM Robinsons place in this conference and will be begging to get out after 2 years.

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:09 PM

Lake Norman will be taking our (Ktown) place in this conference regularly competing, winning a lot of their games and challenging for 2nd/3rd place each year.

Mooorsvill will be taking JM Robinsons place in this conference and will be begging to get out after 2 years.

We have mallard Creek on senior night

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:11 PM

Lake Norman loses a lot this past yr but they have good talent behind it but I don't see them finishing 2nd this upcoming season bc I don't see them beating Vance or Mallard Creek and Hough will be a great game as well

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#10 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:00 PM

We have mallard Creek on senior night

That's a really poor way to honor your seniors(just kidding...sorta) especially if MC gets back to the MC we all know next year. 

Hough at #1

What makes you say that? 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#11 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:23 PM

That's a really poor way to honor your seniors(just kidding...sorta) especially if MC gets back to the MC we all know next year.

What makes you say that?

I mean I guess we had no choice or that how we had set it up bc of MC schedule or whatever but Bad break for Senior night

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#12 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:30 PM

Yayyyyyyyyyy the excitement in my voice in genuine.... it is I swear. Really it is! Ok maybe not

We should beat Hopewell... maybe west Charlotte? But beyond that, paired with a ridiculously tough non conference schedule... 4 wins at best

#13 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

One thing is: I will say this, LKN gets the job done, They have great coaches and they get the right coaches and Coach Rob Mcneely has done a great job at LKN from 2010-2012.... His best year was 2012 at 5 wins, From 2013-2016 they have had a winning season 2013/2016 respectively were the best years and 2013 LKN nearly beat Mallard Creek 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#14 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

Yayyyyyyyyyy the excitement in my voice in genuine.... it is I swear. Really it is! Ok maybe not

We should beat Hopewell... maybe west Charlotte? But beyond that, paired with a ridiculously tough non conference schedule... 4 wins at best

At worse 0-1, At best 1-4

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#15 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

Didnt Mooresville beat AL brown last year?

#16 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

What makes you say that? 

Hough finished 7-5 last year while playing a top 15 schedule in the state. They were 4-2 in the conf with losses to MC and Vance. Neither game was very competitive but both of those teams lose a ton.

Hough was crushed by injuries including the loss of WIlliams who got back for the playoff game. He alone was worth one maybe two wins for them. He is back along with Nagy to make a very good backfield which was the plan coming into the year,. Because of injuries they started as many as 6 or 7 sophmores who probably would have been playing JV ball. This includes Tyus Fields and the young Fording in the defensive backfield. Both will be studs. They get a ton back on both lines.

Now.... add to that Grier walking away at Davidson Day. Many of the kids that played for DD live in the HOugh district. They for sure will pick up 4 or 5 of those kids and very possibly the QB who may be the best returning QB in the area.  That should be enough to make them conf favorites and probably a top 10 pick to start the year. Maybe top 5 if they can replace Gibbs with anything close 

You can never know exactly how many kids will move into the MC and Vance districts and both squads have plenty of talent in the school already but MC especially will only have 7 starters back and will be very young early on. There also could be some surprises as well.

My WAY too early preseason would be

Hough

Vance

Mallard Creek

Lake Norman

Mooresville

West Charlotte

North Meck

Hopewell 

Conference will be by far the toughest in the state. Top 4 could all be preseason top 20.

#17 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:32 PM

Hough finished 7-5 last year while playing a top 15 schedule in the state. They were 4-2 in the conf with losses to MC and Vance. Neither game was very competitive but both of those teams lose a ton.

Hough was crushed by injuries including the loss of WIlliams who got back for the playoff game. He alone was worth one maybe two wins for them. He is back along with Nagy to make a very good backfield which was the plan coming into the year,. Because of injuries they started as many as 6 or 7 sophmores who probably would have been playing JV ball. This includes Tyus Fields and the young Fording in the defensive backfield. Both will be studs. They get a ton back on both lines.

Now.... add to that Grier walking away at Davidson Day. Many of the kids that played for DD live in the HOugh district. They for sure will pick up 4 or 5 of those kids and very possibly the QB who may be the best returning QB in the area. That should be enough to make them conf favorites and probably a top 10 pick to start the year. Maybe top 5 if they can replace Gibbs with anything close

You can never know exactly how many kids will move into the MC and Vance districts and both squads have plenty of talent in the school already but MC especially will only have 7 starters back and will be very young early on. There also could be some surprises as well.

My WAY too early preseason would be

Hough
Vance
Mallard Creek
Lake Norman
Mooresville
West Charlotte
North Meck
Hopewell

Conference will be by far the toughest in the state. Top 4 could all be preseason top 20.

Very interesting, U think MC, Vance will be that much Down?

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#18 5Tool

5Tool

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

Lake Norman will be down next year as they have to replace many positions and most importantly all but 1 on the offensive line. Included they will need a new signal caller and 8-9 positions to fill in on the defensive side of the ball...

#19 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

Lake Norman will be down next year as they have to replace many positions and most importantly all but 1 on the offensive line. Included they will need a new signal caller and 8-9 positions to fill in on the defensive side of the ball...

I agree LKN next year won't be what they've been-- but I think by default they end up 4th, no worse than 5th... consider the bottom half of the conference will be just plain bad

#20 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

Very interesting, U think MC, Vance will be that much Down?

I think people forget how tight things have been in this conf the last 2 or 3 years. People see Mallard Creek and Vance and assume they will roll. MC hasnt won the conf since 2014....lol

Its hard to say how down they will be because nobody has any clue about transfers but if Palmieri and Brand are in place you are gonna get a couple studs moving in. Been that way for 2 years now.

Hough and Lake Norman are well coached with strong staffs. Hough brings back a ton..if they figure out the QB spot they are going to be a top 5-10 school in state.

Top 3 in the Imeck will be razor thin in the difference in talent

#21 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

The good thing for Lake Norman and Mooresville is that they've both been in this conference before, so there's not going to be any culture shock by playing in the city and seeing big, athletic teams on a weekly basis (unlike the situation with KTown was in a few years ago, or the situation Hickory Ridge will be in this year).

So both teams can just get down to the business of figuring out how to beat their new conference mates and can skip all that introductory stuff that usually happens. Playing an October game at MC? Yep, already done that...so no sightseeing / star gazing required...just need to figure out how to win it.

Mooresville absolutely HAS to find some offense somewhere for them to make some noise. The old school running mentality was what held them back in this conference the first go 'round, and it really hasn't been fixed since then.

Lake Norman has good schemes to compete in the conference, so for them, it's just a matter of finding the horses to run it from year to year.

#22 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

The good thing for Lake Norman and Mooresville is that they've both been in this conference before, so there's not going to be any culture shock by playing in the city and seeing big, athletic teams on a weekly basis (unlike the situation with KTown was in a few years ago, or the situation Hickory Ridge will be in this year).

So both teams can just get down to the business of figuring out how to beat their new conference mates and can skip all that introductory stuff that usually happens. Playing an October game at MC? Yep, already done that...so no sightseeing / star gazing required...just need to figure out how to win it.

Mooresville absolutely HAS to find some offense somewhere for them to make some noise. The old school running mentality was what held them back in this conference the first go 'round, and it really hasn't been fixed since then.

Lake Norman has good schemes to compete in the conference, so for them, it's just a matter of finding the horses to run it from year to year.

I agree with u but I disagree I think it will be a Small Culture shock bc Mooresville/Lkn has gotten use to this weak conference and As u can see with Mooresville, We have struggled with Speed of the I-Meck and also I-Meck is a different beast and every team is different then the first go around.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#23 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

+1

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#24 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:59 AM

Hokie, I'm afraid until there is change from the top, you will never see us get away from that run the ball up the middle 40 times a game strategy. And when I said higher ups- I don't mean HC... I'm talking far above that. Until those higher ups either want to commit to winning, or at least realize that we aren't any long playing 2A football, and that it's the year 2016 and not 1995, then we will just have marginal success at best against these big teams. It's unbelievably frustrating to know the potential of the program, and yet it fall flat on its face come playoff time. But I'm afraid our inflated successes of the NPC will further entrench that "old school" (lack of a better phrase) mentality here. Maybe a reality check in 2017 will wake some ppl up...

#25 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

Hokie, I'm afraid until there is change from the top, you will never see us get away from that run the ball up the middle 40 times a game strategy. And when I said higher ups- I don't mean HC... I'm talking far above that. Until those higher ups either want to commit to winning, or at least realize that we aren't any long playing 2A football, and that it's the year 2016 and not 1995, then we will just have marginal success at best against these big teams. It's unbelievably frustrating to know the potential of the program, and yet it fall flat on its face come playoff time. But I'm afraid our inflated successes of the NPC will further entrench that "old school" (lack of a better phrase) mentality here. Maybe a reality check in 2017 will wake some ppl up...

I 100% agree, There is many things that need to Change ASAP so Mooresville can become better in Athletics. Mooresville biggest 2 problems in my personal opinion is 1. Politics: Mooresville is control by Mooresville Poltics and We get it Wrong when it comes to finding a HC and Other stuff. 2. Staff/Cuts: Mooresville won't allow anyone to bring there own staff (JBB most recent) and Also Our School system won't allow Football cuts , We don't need 70-80 Varsity players when probably only maybe Half will actually Start or Back up.

Mooresville still has a 2A mindset, Running the ball 40 times and A lot times in same spot isn't going to work in the 4A/4AA division. Mooresville last best team was 2011 (C/O 2012). Mooresville has gotten use to playing in this Weak 3A/4A conference and U can see the End Result: 3 years in a Row knocked out of the First rounds of Playoffs, Why? Because We aren't use to the Speed of the CLT teams like when we once were.

We need better people in positions so when we need make tough decisions they actually know what our Athletics team needs bc I only seen maybe 2 people from higher ups (Superintendent and One Board Member) that actually goes to our games.

Mooresville is based on Tradition, 2A Roots and Old school well Sometimes Change is needed esp When Mooresville is growing n growing and If Mooresville wants to be a GREAT athletic program then Change is need.

When is last time any sport team at Mooresville Won a state title, Sectional, Regional , Conference title in any sport , Many of them would be in the 1980s,1990s and Early 2000s

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

JeffChapman-Dynamic