Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Christmas Tournaments

4A Football

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#26 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:56 PM

South Iredell 72 North Iredell 61. South will play Statesville tomorrow at 7:30.

#27 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:55 PM

SI vs NI boys: SI won but The Referee were worst I have ever seen , They called fouls that weren't fouls n didn't call fouls that were actual fouls. SI HC got tossed.

Also If u don't have a 100$ in ur pocket then u may not wanna to go bc U have spend 18$ per day , I had to pay 3 times 6$ each after 2 games today , That's a bit BS to me bc that is like 54$ for 3 days and Plus Concessions

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#28 HHS2003

HHS2003

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

Ouch. Freedom was 6 bucks a day or 15 bucks for all 3 days.

#29 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

I do agree with you on about that game. I believe that was the worst game that l've seen about the calls by the ref plus there were no calls as well.

#30 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:33 PM

I do agree with you on about that game. I believe that was the worst game that l've seen about the calls by the ref plus there were no calls as well.

They either missed a lot, called a foul when it wasn't or didn't call a foul when it was n also they calling a lot of touchy fouls n I do believe SI coach deserved a Tech but not 2 bc he arguing about a bad call the referee called from behind the action n also he got toss bc he stomped on the stairs which I find a bit BS to tech someone over ....

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#31 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:36 PM

Also NI coach was lucky he didn't get tech bc he was arguing with the referee for a good min on a BAD call that was called a block when SI actually drove into NI player

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#32 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:55 PM

Yep the coach for NI should had got a tech. I kept wandering about that one. I didn't think SI played that well myself. They would have a good run and then get sloppy at times. They missed a lot of shots that kept NI in it. I didn't realize they charge entry fee like that. That crazy. I just made it to the last two games and thought 6 dollars to get in was a little steep.

#33 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

Yep the coach for NI should had got a tech. I kept wandering about that one. I didn't think SI played that well myself. They would have a good run and then get sloppy at times. They missed a lot of shots that kept NI in it. I didn't realize they charge entry fee like that. That crazy. I just made it to the last two games and thought 6 dollars to get in was a little steep.

TBH I though Referee kept NI but NI played well and Yes was a bit sloppy at times but I don't mind 6$ bc Football is 6$ n such but paying 3 times after every 2 games sucked and that like 54$ not including food for 3 days which I find a bit Steep.

NI HC should got tech bc he was on the court n he was arguing just like other coach did.

Total: the last few games were good but morning games sucked but #15 Darius Williams for Carolina International got an broken ankle vs WI boys bc someone landed on him. But Carolina International must bc a new school n must be a Muslim/Other religion type school bc they were Horrible girls wise, Their boys are decent but played no one and WI only won them like by 13-15 pt margin n NI beat Carolina International by 44 so Kinda tells u how bad WI is n How Really bad Carolina International is but CI played well tho vs WI keeping it closeish

Statesville beat CI 72-3 *Girls*

So I would say last 2-3 games were good and Referee as a whole were good until the last game n I will say There were a lot traveling calls but I notice tho that the whole day they didn't call the push off / Using forearm Foul all day until Last game

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#34 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:27 AM

I never heard of Carolina International. Sounds like good games been going on. Statesville girls winning 72-3 over CI. How! They must be horrible. Now is NI girls playing Statesville tonorrow? NI look good against LN but not sure how good LN girls are.

#35 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:03 AM

Well, I got the final I wanted.  SW Guilford vs. Wesleyan tonight at SW.  Tip off 7:30.  Speed vs. Size.  It's gonna be packed at The Ranch.

#36 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:17 AM

Yesterday at the Freedom Invitational-

Consolation Bracket-

Avery 58 RS Central 56

Erwin 76  Wilkes Central 66

Semifinals-

Hibriten 62  McDowell 57

Freedom 69  East Burke 50

Games Today-

RS Central vs Wilkes Central

Avery vs Erwin

McDowell vs East Burke

Freedom vs Hibriten- Championship

#37 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

Yesterday at the Freedom Invitational-

Consolation Bracket-

Avery 58 RS Central 56

Erwin 76 Wilkes Central 66

Semifinals-

Hibriten 62 McDowell 57

Freedom 69 East Burke 50

Games Today-

RS Central vs Wilkes Central

Avery vs Erwin

McDowell vs East Burke

Freedom vs Hibriten- Championship

The Hibriten/McDowell game was a good game-if you're going to beat Hibriten you'd better have an answer for Anderson Kellar. We'll see if Freedom can figure out what to do about him tonight. As for the Freedom/E. Burke game the Cavs kept it close through the first half. I think Casey read the guys the riot act at halftime because they came out late for the second half buzzer, but then went at E. Burke with a renewed purpose. The Freedom team that I saw Tuesday night looked like a championship caliber team, last night it looked like they took a step back. The Panthers will give us a better indication of what kind of team the Patriots are.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#38 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

Mooresville guys beat Davie 68-66

Mooresville girls came back from 13 down in the 4th to beat South Rowan.

Both teams in the Sam Moir semi'S

I didn't expect use to beat Davie, but sounds like it was a great game

#39 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:02 AM

I never heard of Carolina International. Sounds like good games been going on. Statesville girls winning 72-3 over CI. How! They must be horrible. Now is NI girls playing Statesville tonorrow? NI look good against LN but not sure how good LN girls are.

I believe it's actually WI vs NI

And Lkn girls are very very down n also looked like their best player wasn't ever there

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#40 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

Mooresville guys beat Davie 68-66

Mooresville girls came back from 13 down in the 4th to beat South Rowan.

Both teams in the Sam Moir semi'S

I didn't expect use to beat Davie, but sounds like it was a great game

#41 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:26 AM

Not sure I'd call it a great game but it was entertaining. Mooresville gave Davie hope by missing key free throws down the stretch. Will be interesting to see how they do against Carson

#42 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:05 AM

Not sure I'd call it a great game but it was entertaining. Mooresville gave Davie hope by missing key free throws down the stretch. Will be interesting to see how they do against Carson

Mooresville can't hit free throws if their life depended on it , We struggle with FTs so much and idk why

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#43 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:50 AM

The Hibriten/McDowell game was a good game-if you're going to beat Hibriten you'd better have an answer for Anderson Kellar. We'll see if Freedom can figure out what to do about him tonight. As for the Freedom/E. Burke game the Cavs kept it close through the first half. I think Casey read the guys the riot act at halftime because they came out late for the second half buzzer, but then went at E. Burke with a renewed purpose. The Freedom team that I saw Tuesday night looked like a championship caliber team, last night it looked like they took a step back. The Panthers will give us a better indication of what kind of team the Patriots are.

For me its all about 3 point shooting for Freedom. With Dula, and Abee hitting from outside they are tough to beat. Inside they arent overly impressive but are scrappy. They are also a very good FT shooting team

#44 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

For me its all about 3 point shooting for Freedom. With Dula, and Abee hitting from outside they are tough to beat. Inside they arent overly impressive but are scrappy. They are also a very good FT shooting team

Generally I agree, but over the past couple of games Cam Edmondson has been asserting himself more in the post-especially on offense-and the freshman Pearson has shown some spark as well, so that gives us some options down low (Tobias Kanioe has been doing a great job playing post defense and rebounding as well and I don't want to neglect to mention him either). Tuesday night we were hitting on all cylinders and we went ten deep, if that team shows up the rest of the way we'll be hard to beat.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#45 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:22 PM

We've never been able to make free throws since I've lived here (2003). Lol so that's nothing new.

#46 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

Generally I agree, but over the past couple of games Cam Edmondson has been asserting himself more in the post-especially on offense-and the freshman Pearson has shown some spark as well, so that gives us some options down low (Tobias Kanioe has been doing a great job playing post defense and rebounding as well and I don't want to neglect to mention him either). Tuesday night we were hitting on all cylinders and we went ten deep, if that team shows up the rest of the way we'll be hard to beat.

McDowell has a solid team this year but a long ways to go to be a contender. Poor shot selection and perimeter defense has really killed them. I dont think they utilize 6'7 post Tanner Dillingham nearly enough 

#47 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

South Iredell boys did not look good last night. NI is way down this year and hung with South most of the game. South has great guards that can shoot but no inside game at all. In long run they are still an above average 3a team and enjoyable to watch! And how about some love for North iredell's girls! 10-0 with an average margin of victory of over 20 points! Currently ranked 7th in 3a by maxpreps. They play well as a team and five differant girls who take turns leading the team in scoring. Should be interesting to see if they go undefeated due to rest of the conference being pretty weak compared to them.

#48 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

North girls will steam roll through this tournament- only teams in conference that could maybe steal a game from them would be AC or Mooresville. South didn't play well at all.... Zane haggling really took over after halftime though.

Still thought it was ridiculous to make everyone pay 3 times... I wouldn't have bothered going if I knew that

#49 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

should have the option to pay a one time tournament pass,,,,but this is the same newspaper that you can only read ten articles a month on their website...ultimately owned by Warren Buffet,,,,no wonder he is a zillionare! lol, lol

#50 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

Well Carson is clearly better than I thought- they're kicking our ass up 42-25 at halftime

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4A Football

JeffChapman-Dynamic