Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

YVC All Conference Team

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#26 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

You understand these teams are subjective right? The YVC sees the players actually play. If you think there is some broad conspiracy against the Eagles then I suggest you get over it. Your team blew the only chance it will EVER have of making it the State Championship this year. What team kept you from doing that and smacked your team around twice? Once for the Conference Title and once to go the Western Finals? West Montgomery. NC Preps goes off of stats and stats alone and more apt to be interpreted to garnish the placement on the team. The "POWERHOUSE" YVC that your team has NEVER won and normally finished middle/to bottom of the conference? LOL is right at you and the lowly football program at East Montgomery. Your team will be 2A next season and won't sniff 5 wins. Not to mention your annual beat down from West Montgomery.

For someone who is "done" with this thread, you sure do comment a lot and I  for one am thrilled. It gives me more chances to prove your ineptitude to stick to the topic at hand. In THIS thread , I have pointed out what I think is a flawed process in choosing the all -conference team. I have used examples of players from EM and WM that I thought were snubbed and provided stats. I pointed out an EM player that made it on the WRONG side of the ball to point out the lack of attention some members voting on the team showed. I did not argue for Alvarez because O Line stats are hard to compare, but low and behold the NCpreps All - State provided more proof of what I was saying. 

Now to you WM1977, what I have NOT done is say a bad word about WM as a team , or said EM was better. You are the one who brings up the comparison and skews off topic ( YVC All- Conference). This is where you embarrass yourself. " East side...... irrelevant in football" and "42-15 .... That's all that matters". So your schools record vs an "irrelevant " team is "all that matters" ???? It seems to me , that outside of Biscoe, Candor, and Star , EM football is more RELEVANT to wm1977 than anyone else. They dominate your thoughts even when the topic is something else.

I feel like you and I have had this conversation on another message board, but if not , welcome to a message board BEAT DOWN.

#27 FBfan70

FBfan70

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

No dog in the fight but I agree, watts should have been on there with Dozier. Overall it appears both EM and WM were very well represented though on the all conference team from a numbers standpoint. But no doubt, Watts should have been on there.
Sweater, I do have to disagree with you on your issue with the EM player who made it on the wrong side of the ball. That would partially be on your own coach, who had to have nominated him there for him to be voted on.

#28 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

I'm not sure about nominations, but I remember from my Little league coaching days , as a coach you better nominate every starter ( to cover bases with parents) for All - Stars . I do know they voted for offense first and you could not make it both ways ( offense and defense) , obviously or Jo Leake would have made it both ways .

#29 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:34 AM

Sweater why don't you just get over all your asinine theories on how EM gets overlooked and realize that the only time people talk about EM is when they are discussing West Montgomery. Yeah, we bring up 42-15 because it's the facts. You complain an awful lot and what you should be doing is focusing on your team and it's move to 2A. You think you were irrelevant in 1A? You were just told how teams were voted on so all you were doing was sitting in your mom's basement eating a hot pocket with your video games, comic books and red bull making crap up. So why don't you grow up and take the tin foil hat off and know your role. You called me on with the beat down comment. The only beat down is the one you just got. Now call mommy and tell her to bring you some tissue cause you just got your little feelings hurt.

#30 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

Sweater why don't you just get over all your asinine theories on how EM gets overlooked and realize that the only time people talk about EM is when they are discussing West Montgomery. Yeah, we bring up 42-15 because it's the facts. You complain an awful lot and what you should be doing is focusing on your team and it's move to 2A. You think you were irrelevant in 1A? You were just told how teams were voted on so all you were doing was sitting in your mom's basement eating a hot pocket with your video games, comic books and red bull making crap up. So why don't you grow up and take the tin foil hat off and know your role. You called me on with the beat down comment. The only beat down is the one you just got. Now call mommy and tell her to bring you some tissue cause you just got your little feelings hurt.

Once again goof ball , I commented on a thread that YOU started about YVC all- conference and once again you bring up "42-15","move to 2-A" among other things that have nothing to do with this thread. The best players by position were not selected for this team, so you "deflect" ( in debate terms , when the LOSER can no longer intelligently argue his/her point on the topic at hand (2016 YVC All -Conference team) to other things that have nothing to do with this thread. So again , you have proven my point at 8:34 am on January 15th , 2017. Thanks Again!

#31 seat93

seat93

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

No dog in this fight!  I saw West and East Montgomery dominate my East Surry Cardinals in a scrimmage.

I believe our conference coaches select All Conference like yours, but they only use the stats from conference

games.  If the player was injured or sick and did not play a conference game that would often hurt their changes

of being selected to the All Conference team.  And our head coaches can not vote for their own players when they

vote.   If you just went to MaxPreps and looked at the season total on the stat charts, you might not be getting the stats

used by the coaches in their meeting.

#32 FB1997

FB1997

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:48 AM

I'm not from Montgomery County, with that being said:

Utilize this analogy winning doesn't always determine the best player when you are chosing an all conference team (EX.  Barry Sanders, never won anything in the NFC, but was pro bowler every year try and argue that, the foolish will)!

Ask yourself how many times did an opponents coach say "man we really need to stop the QB, to beat East"? My guess is never!

Football is a team sport, that has great players in it.  When it comes voting for all conference I tend to lean towards the coaches decisions as they study the film and plan to win.  I watch the YVC I can think of of 2 or 3 QB's that coaches would plan to stop to ensure wins. They contribute just as much or more then the young man mentioned earlier to their team's success. Imagine what the young men from Union, North Moore or even West would do with the talent East had surrounding them!  Then choose who belongs on the all YVC!

#33 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

Great post. You have to overlook the crowd from the East side. They have spent their entire lives looking up at the West side of the county and not just in athletics. They are the poster children for the Napoleonic Complex. You'd think they'd appreciate all the press they received from playing West Montgomery all these years!!!!!

#34 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

I'm not from Montgomery County, with that being said:

Utilize this analogy winning doesn't always determine the best player when you are chosing an all conference team (EX.  Barry Sanders, never won anything in the NFC, but was pro bowler every year try and argue that, the foolish will)!

Ask yourself how many times did an opponents coach say "man we really need to stop the QB, to beat East"? My guess is never!

Football is a team sport, that has great players in it.  When it comes voting for all conference I tend to lean towards the coaches decisions as they study the film and plan to win.  I watch the YVC I can think of of 2 or 3 QB's that coaches would plan to stop to ensure wins. They contribute just as much or more then the young man mentioned earlier to their team's success. Imagine what the young men from Union, North Moore or even West would do with the talent East had surrounding them!  Then choose who belongs on the all YVC!

Barry Sanders much deserved every award he ever received. ( obviously) Since you brought him up , while not on a winner most of his career , he was at the top or near the top of running back statistics, hence the accolades. Watts was tops in most of the QB stats AND was on a team that went 7-1, so...... Also considering that the coaches "plans" to beat EM was a cumulative (1-7) , maybe you should not reference their ranking who to " stop" priorities . "they contribute just as much or more to their teams success" is kind of an odd point considering the "success" of one of the QBs that made it over Watts was a 4-8 record. Give the kid the MVP at the team banquet ( he had a great year, just not as good as Dozier or Watts). 

I just had issues with the process and bringing up Watts and Williams as well as McCaskill making it at a position that he really didnt play much ( should have made it at corner) are examples that I think show problems with the process. 

Everyone is welcome to their opinions however , it is what makes message boards fun.

#35 FB1997

FB1997

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:13 AM

Barry Sanders much deserved every award he ever received. ( obviously) Since you brought him up , while not on a winner most of his career , he was at the top or near the top of running back statistics, hence the accolades. Watts was tops in most of the QB stats AND was on a team that went 7-1, so...... Also considering that the coaches "plans" to beat EM was a cumulative (1-7) , maybe you should not reference their ranking who to " stop" priorities . "they contribute just as much or more to their teams success" is kind of an odd point considering the "success" of one of the QBs that made it over Watts was a 4-8 record. Give the kid the MVP at the team banquet ( he had a great year, just not as good as Dozier or Watts). 

I just had issues with the process and bringing up Watts and Williams as well as McCaskill making it at a position that he really didnt play much ( should have made it at corner) are examples that I think show problems with the process. 

Everyone is welcome to their opinions however , it is what makes message boards fun.

You seem to be hung up on stats that are skewed

The stats you are quoting are based on the 13 games Watts played in, Missick  only has stats for 11, and Fowler only has stats for 10.

Keep that in mind as we review each players stats:

Missick: (11 games)

Passing: 1091 yds, 57% comp, 10 TD's, 2 INT's  (99 YPG)

Rushing: 1069 yds, 10 TD's (97 YPG)

Total:    2160 yds, 20 TD's, 2 INT's (196 YPG, 10 TO 1 TD/INT RATIO) 

Fowler: (10 games)

Passing: 1080 yds, 60% comp, 16 TD's, 3 INT's (109 YPG)

Rushing: 533 yds, 8 TD's (53 YPG)

Total:  1613 yds, 24 TD's, 3 INT's  (162 YPG, 8 TO 1 TD / INT RATIO)

Watts: (13 games)

Passing: 1611 yds, 55% comp, 28 TD's, 4 INT's (124 YPG)

Rushing: 392 yds, 7 TD's, (30 YPG)

Total:  2003 yds, 35 TD's, 4 INT's (154 YPG, 7.9 TO 1 TD/ INT RATIO) 

IN ALL WATTS HAD THE LEAST YARDS PER GAME (YPG), LOWEST COMPLETION PERCENTAGE (% COMP), AND WORST TOUCHDOWN TO INTERCEPTION RATIO BY WHICH QB'S ARE USUALLY MEASURED OF ALL THE QB'S LISTED

Anyone looking at actual numbers can see all 3 of these players are deserving of the nomination, and you are manipulating numbers trying to make an invalid point!  

The Coaches were 1-7 because East had the best player in the conference Mckinney in the backfield, not because of the Qb!  (but I'm sure you would have done better coaching the other teams then the men who actually work there tails off to give these young men the best chance possible to compete)!  

AGAIN I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO KNOW WHAT MISSICK, FOWLER, OR DOZIER WOULD HAVE DONE STANDING NEXT TO MCKINNEY IN THE BACKFIELD RUNNING THE READ OPTION AND THROWING!

IF ALL 4 QB'S LISTED PLAYED THE SAME AMOUNT OF GAMES YOU COULD JUST USE YOUR STAT LINE, BUT COACHES ACTUALLY CONSIDER FACTS NOT SKEWED NUMBERS.  I'M SURE AT THE TIME OF THE VOTING WATTS DIDN'T HAVE A LEAD IN STATS.  

IF AVERAGES HOLD UP HE WOULD HAVE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF STATS BETWEEN THE TOP QB'S IN THE CONFERENCE IF THEY ALL PLAYED AN EQUAL NUMBER OF GAMES....

THIS IS WHY THE SANDERS REFERENCE CAME INTO PLAY, IF YOU JUDGE THE PLAYERS BASED JUST ON THE 10 GAMES OF THE REGULAR SEASON (SOUTH DAVIDSON FORFEIT FOR EAST/ NORTH MOORE) WHICH THE COACH'S DID WATTS JUST DIDN'T GET THE STATS OR VOTES NEEDED; STOP WHINING AND LET IT GO!!!!!!

#36 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:44 AM

You seem to be hung up on stats that are skewed

The stats you are quoting are based on the 13 games Watts played in, Missick  only has stats for 11, and Fowler only has stats for 10.

Keep that in mind as we review each players stats:

Missick: (11 games)

Passing: 1091 yds, 57% comp, 10 TD's, 2 INT's  (99 YPG)

Rushing: 1069 yds, 10 TD's (97 YPG)

Total:    2160 yds, 20 TD's, 2 INT's (196 YPG, 10 TO 1 TD/INT RATIO) 

Watts: (13 games)

Passing: 1611 yds, 55% comp, 28 TD's, 4 INT's (124 YPG)

Rushing: 392 yds, 7 TD's, (30 YPG)

Total:  2003 yds, 35 TD's, 4 INT's (154 YPG, 7.9 TO 1 TD/ INT RATIO) 

IN ALL WATTS HAD THE LEAST YARDS PER GAME (YPG), LOWEST COMPLETION PERCENTAGE (% COMP), AND WORST TOUCHDOWN TO INTERCEPTION RATIO BY WHICH QB'S ARE USUALLY MEASURED OF ALL THE QB'S LISTED

Anyone looking at actual numbers can see all 3 of these players are deserving of the nomination, and you are manipulating numbers trying to make an invalid point!  

The Coaches were 1-7 because East had the best player in the conference Mckinney in the backfield, not because of the Qb!  (but I'm sure you would have done better coaching the other teams then the men who actually work there tails off to give these young men the best chance possible to compete)!  

AGAIN I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO KNOW WHAT MISSICK, FOWLER, OR DOZIER WOULD HAVE DONE STANDING NEXT TO MCKINNEY IN THE BACKFIELD RUNNING THE READ OPTION AND THROWING!

IF ALL 4 QB'S LISTED PLAYED THE SAME AMOUNT OF GAMES YOU COULD JUST USE YOUR STAT LINE, BUT COACHES ACTUALLY CONSIDER FACTS NOT SKEWED NUMBERS.  I'M SURE AT THE TIME OF THE VOTING WATTS DIDN'T HAVE A LEAD IN STATS.  

IF AVERAGES HOLD UP HE WOULD HAVE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF STATS BETWEEN THE TOP QB'S IN THE CONFERENCE IF THEY ALL PLAYED AN EQUAL NUMBER OF GAMES....

THIS IS WHY THE SANDERS REFERENCE CAME INTO PLAY, IF YOU JUDGE THE PLAYERS BASED JUST ON THE 10 GAMES OF THE REGULAR SEASON (SOUTH DAVIDSON FORFEIT FOR EAST/ NORTH MOORE) WHICH THE COACH'S DID WATTS JUST DIDN'T GET THE STATS OR VOTES NEEDED; STOP WHINING AND LET IT GO!!!!!!

Evidently you are smart enough to know how to change font sizes and put text in bold print, but your math skills are lacking. According to Maxpreps , Watts TD to INT ratio is 6 to 1 , Fowler 5.33 to 1, and Missick 5 to 1 ( 11 games in regular season , he got to play vs the juggernaut South Davidson. These are the regular season #s . It is late , so I will check the rest of the numbers tomorrow, but we will start with the "worst touchdown to interceptions ratio by which QB's are usually measured" that you speak of. Before you quote any more stats , I recommend taking your shoes and socks off so you can count on your toes along with your fingers and maybe you can become more accurate. You are using rushing TDs for your ratio , pretty sure they shouldnt count in passing stats ratio , but you just keep typing , you keep making my points for me with every key stroke.

**** I went back and checked my earlier post on this thread and I actually used regular season stats earlier too, so Im not sure what you are talking about "skewed" stats. 

#37 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

Sweater OWNED again......dude...let it go. You should be worried whether or not McKinney can play next season or not. That should be your concern. Not if your Sr. QB made the All Conference team or not. By the way, how's that undefeated basketball team doing? LOL!!!!!! What a freaking joke.

#38 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

Sweater OWNED again......dude...let it go. You should be worried whether or not McKinney can play next season or not. That should be your concern. Not if your Sr. QB made the All Conference team or not. By the way, how's that undefeated basketball team doing? LOL!!!!!! What a freaking joke.

Off topic again I see, how was I owned ? He formulated the stats WRONG.( TD to INT Ratio ) He used rushing TDs , so tell me how I was owned ? If you can stay on topic , which is doubtful. That is what I thought.

#39 FB1997

FB1997

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:46 AM

Evidently you are smart enough to know how to change font sizes and put text in bold print, but your math skills are lacking. According to Maxpreps , Watts TD to INT ratio is 6 to 1 , Fowler 5.33 to 1, and Missick 5 to 1 ( 11 games in regular season , he got to play vs the juggernaut South Davidson. These are the regular season #s . It is late , so I will check the rest of the numbers tomorrow, but we will start with the "worst touchdown to interceptions ratio by which QB's are usually measured" that you speak of. Before you quote any more stats , I recommend taking your shoes and socks off so you can count on your toes along with your fingers and maybe you can become more accurate. You are using rushing TDs for your ratio , pretty sure they shouldnt count in passing stats ratio , but you just keep typing , you keep making my points for me with every key stroke.
**** I went back and checked my earlier post on this thread and I actually used regular season stats earlier too, so Im not sure what you are talking about "skewed" stats.

In the modern game of football a qb's contribution in the run game must be accounted for, So I included them for total stats. I posted the stats for all 3 young men not just one like you, "How can there be 2 QBs on the first team and Gavin Watts not be one of them ? According to maxpreps , his regular season stats , Passing : 1394 yards, 24 TDs, 4 INTs , Rushing : 269 yards , 6 TDs. 10 wins - 1 loss. There is NOT any metric that says he was not 1 of the top 2 QBs in the YVC this year period."  Thanks for Watts 10 game stats, NOW LOOK AT THE STATS AND IT REALLY SHOWS WHY MISSICK WAS CHOSEN OVER HIM. MORE TOTAL YARDS,  MORE YARDS PER GAME,  DUAL THREAT, ACCOUNTED FOR 8 TD'S FOR EVERY TURNOVER HE COMMITTED.  If you want to talk about who they play, I would guess that East's defense was better then than Union's or NM so Watts must have had the advantage on getting stats.

Missick: (10 games) subtracted the SD stats

Passing: 922 yds, 57% comp, 7 TD's, 2 INT's  (92 YPG)

Rushing: 998 yds, 9 TD's (100 YPG)

Total:    1920 yds, 16 TD's, 2 INT's (192 YPG, 8 TO 1 TD/INT RATIO) 

Watts:  (10 games)

Passing: 1394 yds, 55% comp, 24 TD's, 4INT's (139 YPG)

Rushing:  269 yds, 6 Td's (27 YPG)

Total:  1663 Yds, 30 TD's, 4 INT's  (166 YPG, 7.5 to 1 TD/ INT RATIO)

I PULLED STATS FROM MAX PREPS, YOU MUST BE WATTS DAD, THAT'S WHY NOBODY CAN BE BETTER THEN HIM, AND YOU DON'T EVEN CONSIDER WHO THE COACHES HAD TO CHOOSE FROM.

I posted stats on 3 young men including Watts, just so those who read don't just get your son's stats, but all those included in the conversation. The coach's chose Missick and Dozier, Fowler and your son were honorable mention.

All the young men deserve mentioned for their hard work.  I wish your son the best of luck in the future!

#40 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

I'm not whining , ( and I'm also not Watts Dad) , it is hilarious that you can not admit that you figure the TD to INT ratio ( a metric that you said was most important) totally wrong . When figured correctly Watts is better than all the guys you mentioned . I only brought stats back up because of YOUR mention of Barry Sanders . Now please tell me how I am wrong about the TD to INT ratio ? I look forward to hearing this one .
Again , I must remind you that you brought up the TD to INT ratio , so remember that before you start rambling with FALSE numbers . I can't wait to hear back .

#41 FB1997

FB1997

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

I'm not whining , ( and I'm also not Watts Dad) , it is hilarious that you can not admit that you figure the TD to INT ratio ( a metric that you said was most important) totally wrong . When figured correctly Watts is better than all the guys you mentioned . I only brought stats back up because of YOUR mention of Barry Sanders . Now please tell me how I am wrong about the TD to INT ratio ? I look forward to hearing this one .
Again , I must remind you that you brought up the TD to INT ratio , so remember that before you start rambling with FALSE numbers . I can't wait to hear back .

I wouldn't want to include the other young men's rushing stats either if I were you!  You asked, "How can there be 2 QBs on the first team and Gavin Watts not be one of them ?  His total contribution doesn't add up any better then the others that's how.  

I'm sure this debate happened when your son's coach nominated him,  He lost the discussion then, just like you did now! 

Putt Watts on the other 2 players teams and I don't think he would even compete with their numbers

#42 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:43 PM

I wouldn't want to include the other young men's rushing stats either if I were you!  You asked, "How can there be 2 QBs on the first team and Gavin Watts not be one of them ?  His total contribution doesn't add up any better then the others that's how.  

I'm sure this debate happened when your son's coach nominated him,  He lost the discussion then, just like you did now! 

Putt Watts on the other 2 players teams and I don't think he would even compete with their numbers

Oh Ok, NOW that the TD to INT ratio stat does not fit your argument we will move on to QB rushing stats , they are very important as well. Might as well put Doziers on here too and lets compare all of them . I know Watts was 1st in passing yards , TDs , and average per completion and FIRST in TD to INT Ratio , which someone recently said was the most important stat in measuring QBs. ( his team also went 10-1)

You said you would love to see what #s the other guys would have with Mckinney in the backfield. You make it sound like Riddick- Reynolds, Joe Leake ( 2015 YVC player of the year) are chopped liver.

Watts was one of 3 examples I used to show flaws in the process. How did Williams from WM (MLB) not make even honorable mention?, he only had 6 less tackles than the conference defensive player of the year. How did EMs Mccaskill make it on Offense ( where he had limited opportunities ) instead of Defense where he was a lock down corner.  I mean you said all these coaches studied film and voted on what they saw ? It sure doesnt look like it. 

#43 FB1997

FB1997

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

Oh Ok, NOW that the TD to INT ratio stat does not fit your argument we will move on to QB rushing stats , they are very important as well. Might as well put Doziers on here too and lets compare all of them . I know Watts was 1st in passing yards , TDs , and average per completion and FIRST in TD to INT Ratio , which someone recently said was the most important stat in measuring QBs. ( his team also went 10-1)
You said you would love to see what #s the other guys would have with Mckinney in the backfield. You make it sound like Riddick- Reynolds, Joe Leake ( 2015 YVC player of the year) are chopped liver.
Watts was one of 3 examples I used to show flaws in the process. How did Williams from WM (MLB) not make even honorable mention?, he only had 6 less tackles than the conference defensive player of the year. How did EMs Mccaskill make it on Offense ( where he had limited opportunities ) instead of Defense where he was a lock down corner. I mean you said all these coaches studied film and voted on what they saw ? It sure doesnt look like it.

It's been included the whole time, rush+pass=total.

Have a great day Mr. Watts

#44 FB1997

FB1997

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

Watts was one of 3 examples I used to show flaws in the process. How did Williams from WM (MLB) not make even honorable mention?, he only had 6 less tackles than the conference defensive player of the year. How did EMs Mccaskill make it on Offense ( where he had limited opportunities ) instead of Defense where he was a lock down corner. I mean you said all these coaches studied film and voted on what they saw ? It sure doesnt look like it.

It's been included the whole time, rush+pass=total (may want to keep up).  Riddick Reynolds and Joe Leake are very good players, but neither of them will be receiving D1 offers, or ran for nearly 3,000 yards.

Have a great day Mr. Watts

#45 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

Oh , so you have a different way of figuring TD to INT ratio than everyone else in the world . Since you mentioned offers , The leader in passing yards, TDs , and the all important TD to INT ratio ( Watts) is going to play at the next level , but honorable mention with 2 QBs on the team from the YVC , let that sink in . Can you also comment on the other 2 examples I gave or are you too busy coming up with the first TD to INT ratio algorithm that involves rushing TDs known to mankind.

#46 FB1997

FB1997

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 04:28 PM

Oh , so you have a different way of figuring TD to INT ratio than everyone else in the world . Since you mentioned offers , The leader in passing yards, TDs , and the all important TD to INT ratio ( Watts) is going to play at the next level , but honorable mention with 2 QBs on the team from the YVC , let that sink in . Can you also comment on the other 2 examples I gave or are you too busy coming up with the first TD to INT ratio algorithm that involves rushing TDs known to mankind.

From what I have heard the other honorable mention QB (Fowler) has been offered several athletic scholarships and has accepted a D2 offer as well, but his dad is not on here ranting about not being 1st team YVC.   Not sure what Dozier doing or Missick are doing, but I hope they decide to go to the next level as well!  Don't discredit other young men because you as a father think your son is better than everyone else.  People didn't agree with you!  Not even sure why you are so fired up for your the one insulting the other players that made the team, not me.  I hope your son does well wherever he ends up!  

By the way at every other level they are using the Total QBR which does take into account rushing yards and TD's.

#47 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:36 PM

I know both Dozier and Watts from little league as well as knowing both sets of parents very well. I have a very high opinion of both as kids as well as athletes and I don't mean to disparage any kid , my intent is to bring attention to the selection process . I would be very surprised if this is not the 1st time the passing leader in the big categories on a 7-1 team did not make a 2 QB all conference roster. If you think the selection process is efficient, please give me counter arguments for the other 2 examples I gave .

#48 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, statistics weren't the only determining factor in the selection. He had more than one issue during games that a leader of a team, especially QB, shouldn't EVER have. He had multiple and during games that were close was often not the best teammate. You can dispute this and argue about it all you want. Once you walk off a field and refuse to play in the second half of a loss regardless of what year it is it will be remembered. You keep quoting stats and trying to prove your argument and I see your point. Now see mine when I tell you that just because you are a stat sheet leader doesn't make you a leader on the field deserving of an All Conference position when there are people who have similar stats that NEVER abandoned their teammates on the field, berated them on the field and sidelines and generally had a very poor attitude before and after the games toward the other teams. Now if you claim to be a fan this isn't news to you. You can clamor for me to post specific instances and you know all too well that's not allowed on this board. Give it a rest and give us an update on whether McKinney is aging out of competing in the NCHSAA this year or not? It's a question that many want to know and given his age is he considering graduating early and enrolling in college in the fall? That's the question you should answer!

#49 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

Evidently you know more about McKinneys eligibility than I do and it is unbelievable that you are so concerned with it considering that EM is so " irrelevant " . I have given my opinion on the Watts issue that happened over 2 seasons ago . Now since you keep harping on character issues and how it weighs on selection of all conference voting I wonder how a player made the team who as I understand was suspended a game for cussing out his own coach as well as being the prime suspect in an ongoing felony investigation . I'm not sure I understand, please enlighten me on all of this .

#50 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

Evidently you know more about McKinneys eligibility than I do and it is unbelievable that you are so concerned with it considering that EM is so " irrelevant " . I have given my opinion on the Watts issue that happened over 2 seasons ago . Now since you keep harping on character issues and how it weighs on selection of all conference voting I wonder how a player made the team who as I understand was suspended a game for cussing out his own coach as well as being the prime suspect in an ongoing felony investigation . I'm not sure I understand, please enlighten me on all of this .

I expect this will and should end the chatter, we are all approaching an area we shouldn't , but never doubt that I will go ALL THE WAY, so it is up to you guys

JeffChapman-Dynamic