• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

You understand these teams are subjective right? The YVC sees the players actually play. If you think there is some broad conspiracy against the Eagles then I suggest you get over it. Your team blew the only chance it will EVER have of making it the State Championship this year. What team kept you from doing that and smacked your team around twice? Once for the Conference Title and once to go the Western Finals? West Montgomery. NC Preps goes off of stats and stats alone and more apt to be interpreted to garnish the placement on the team. The "POWERHOUSE" YVC that your team has NEVER won and normally finished middle/to bottom of the conference? LOL is right at you and the lowly football program at East Montgomery. Your team will be 2A next season and won't sniff 5 wins. Not to mention your annual beat down from West Montgomery.

For someone who is "done" with this thread, you sure do comment a lot and I  for one am thrilled. It gives me more chances to prove your ineptitude to stick to the topic at hand. In THIS thread , I have pointed out what I think is a flawed process in choosing the all -conference team. I have used examples of players from EM and WM that I thought were snubbed and provided stats. I pointed out an EM player that made it on the WRONG side of the ball to point out the lack of attention some members voting on the team showed. I did not argue for Alvarez because O Line stats are hard to compare, but low and behold the NCpreps All - State provided more proof of what I was saying. 

Now to you WM1977, what I have NOT done is say a bad word about WM as a team , or said EM was better. You are the one who brings up the comparison and skews off topic ( YVC All- Conference). This is where you embarrass yourself. " East side...... irrelevant in football" and "42-15 .... That's all that matters". So your schools record vs an "irrelevant " team is "all that matters" ???? It seems to me , that outside of Biscoe, Candor, and Star , EM football is more RELEVANT to wm1977 than anyone else. They dominate your thoughts even when the topic is something else.

I feel like you and I have had this conversation on another message board, but if not , welcome to a message board BEAT DOWN.

#27 FBfan70

FBfan70

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

No dog in the fight but I agree, watts should have been on there with Dozier. Overall it appears both EM and WM were very well represented though on the all conference team from a numbers standpoint. But no doubt, Watts should have been on there.
Sweater, I do have to disagree with you on your issue with the EM player who made it on the wrong side of the ball. That would partially be on your own coach, who had to have nominated him there for him to be voted on.

#28 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

I'm not sure about nominations, but I remember from my Little league coaching days , as a coach you better nominate every starter ( to cover bases with parents) for All - Stars . I do know they voted for offense first and you could not make it both ways ( offense and defense) , obviously or Jo Leake would have made it both ways .

#29 WM1977

WM1977

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:34 AM

Sweater why don't you just get over all your asinine theories on how EM gets overlooked and realize that the only time people talk about EM is when they are discussing West Montgomery. Yeah, we bring up 42-15 because it's the facts. You complain an awful lot and what you should be doing is focusing on your team and it's move to 2A. You think you were irrelevant in 1A? You were just told how teams were voted on so all you were doing was sitting in your mom's basement eating a hot pocket with your video games, comic books and red bull making crap up. So why don't you grow up and take the tin foil hat off and know your role. You called me on with the beat down comment. The only beat down is the one you just got. Now call mommy and tell her to bring you some tissue cause you just got your little feelings hurt.

#30 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:08 AM

Sweater why don't you just get over all your asinine theories on how EM gets overlooked and realize that the only time people talk about EM is when they are discussing West Montgomery. Yeah, we bring up 42-15 because it's the facts. You complain an awful lot and what you should be doing is focusing on your team and it's move to 2A. You think you were irrelevant in 1A? You were just told how teams were voted on so all you were doing was sitting in your mom's basement eating a hot pocket with your video games, comic books and red bull making crap up. So why don't you grow up and take the tin foil hat off and know your role. You called me on with the beat down comment. The only beat down is the one you just got. Now call mommy and tell her to bring you some tissue cause you just got your little feelings hurt.

Once again goof ball , I commented on a thread that YOU started about YVC all- conference and once again you bring up "42-15","move to 2-A" among other things that have nothing to do with this thread. The best players by position were not selected for this team, so you "deflect" ( in debate terms , when the LOSER can no longer intelligently argue his/her point on the topic at hand (2016 YVC All -Conference team) to other things that have nothing to do with this thread. So again , you have proven my point at 8:34 am on January 15th , 2017. Thanks Again!

#31 seat93

seat93

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:36 PM

No dog in this fight!  I saw West and East Montgomery dominate my East Surry Cardinals in a scrimmage.

I believe our conference coaches select All Conference like yours, but they only use the stats from conference

games.  If the player was injured or sick and did not play a conference game that would often hurt their changes

of being selected to the All Conference team.  And our head coaches can not vote for their own players when they

vote.   If you just went to MaxPreps and looked at the season total on the stat charts, you might not be getting the stats

used by the coaches in their meeting.

JeffChapman-Dynamic