Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

YVC All Conference Team

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

Does anyone have the complete list of the 2016 YVC All Conference team yet? If so please post or link to the location. Thanks.

#2 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:12 AM

In case you're still looking for it..... http://m.montgomeryh...12b0ede114.html

#3 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

In case you're still looking for it..... http://m.montgomeryh...12b0ede114.html

Does anyone know the process that is used to select the all -conference team. Are the teams position specific ? Does each team have to have representation? Based on regular season ? Ive heard different things, if anyone knows the process for sure , I would love to hear it.

#4 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

Is McKinney going to be eligible to play next year or is he going to be too old? Serious question. Not trying to cause an uproar. I understand he will be 19 soon and am curious to whether or not he will be playing.

#5 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:06 PM

Is McKinney going to be eligible to play next year or is he going to be too old? Serious question. Not trying to cause an uproar. I understand he will be 19 soon and am curious to whether or not he will be playing.

Im not sure when his birthday is or actually how old he is now to be honest. What are the rules regarding participation ?

#6 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

Im not sure when his birthday is or actually how old he is now to be honest. What are the rules regarding participation ?

No student may be approved for any athletic contest if birthday is on or before August 31st of the current school year. This rule is on NCHSSA website.

#7 Sam Spencer

Sam Spencer

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 229 posts
  • Email:CoachSpencer82@yahoo.com

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

Does anyone know the process that is used to select the all -conference team. Are the teams position specific ? Does each team have to have representation? Based on regular season ? Ive heard different things, if anyone knows the process for sure , I would love to hear it.

Coaches nominate players from their team for each position group, that coach will then give that kids stats and info for the season.  It's all recorded on the white board for coaches to consider, head coaches from the conference then vote.  This is a meeting that usually takes place the Saturday after the last regular season game.  I think they do a +1 as far as how many for each position group, if my memory is correct ( 6 OL, 4 LB, etc).  Hope this helps.

#8 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

Coaches nominate players from their team for each position group, that coach will then give that kids stats and info for the season.  It's all recorded on the white board for coaches to consider, head coaches from the conference then vote.  This is a meeting that usually takes place the Saturday after the last regular season game.  I think they do a +1 as far as how many for each position group, if my memory is correct ( 6 OL, 4 LB, etc).  Hope this helps.

Thank You very much. 

This actually is what I was told , but could not  believe it. 

There are several players that I think have been wronged in this process , but I will discuss the 2 most obvious IMO.  How can there be 2 QBs on the first team and Gavin Watts not be one of them ? According to maxpreps , his regular season stats , Passing : 1394 yards, 24 TDs, 4 INTs , Rushing : 269 yards , 6 TDs. 10 wins - 1 loss. There is NOT any metric that says he was not 1 of the top 2 QBs in the YVC this year period. Also, #12 Williams (LB) from West Montgomery. He played beside the Defensive Player of the Year - Woodward ( who definitely deserved award with 136 tackles). Williams has 130 tackles on a team that went 11-0 and doesnt even make honorable mention? These 2 omissions are a total joke . 

I was told by a former coach ( in a different sport) long ago, that it is common place that coaches from the middle and lower tier teams make deals to vote for each others players , mainly to keep "little johnny's" parents off their butt. I dont know that happened on this year's YVC team , but something did to keep some of the best players off.  

There are too many awards given out in school/ athletics today anyway, but if you are going to do it , take pride and do it right.

#9 thekidd12

thekidd12

JV Team

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:55 PM

Not going to argue in any way that the two you mentioned should not have made the all conference team with the stats that you have posted for both players.

However after clicking on the link above to the YVC team I noticed that 20 of the 37 players came from WM(12) and EM(8). 

Of the 14 honorable mentions WM had 2 while EM had 3.

That is 25 of the 51 players mentioned coming from 2 schools in 9 team conference. That is 49 percent.

While I know both schools were head and shoulders above the rest of the other teams I think if you are picking an all conference team you need to pick some representatives from other teams. 

Again not saying those players are not deserving but it wouldn't be an all conference team if every player on it came from 2 schools.

#10 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

Not going to argue in any way that the two you mentioned should not have made the all conference team with the stats that you have posted for both players.

However after clicking on the link above to the YVC team I noticed that 20 of the 37 players came from WM(12) and EM(8). 

Of the 14 honorable mentions WM had 2 while EM had 3.

That is 25 of the 51 players mentioned coming from 2 schools in 9 team conference. That is 49 percent.

While I know both schools were head and shoulders above the rest of the other teams I think if you are picking an all conference team you need to pick some representatives from other teams. 

Again not saying those players are not deserving but it wouldn't be an all conference team if every player on it came from 2 schools.

Its more than what I said, it is the process in general. They obviously take no time or thought into the principles behind the team being chosen. I personally believe the All -Conference should be the best players even if they come from ONLY ONE team, but that is a different argument .

#11 thekidd12

thekidd12

JV Team

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:02 PM

Its more than what I said, it is the process in general. They obviously take no time or thought into the principles behind the team being chosen. I personally believe the All -Conference should be the best players even if they come from ONLY ONE team, but that is a different argument .

Someone present in the room at selections would have to comment on the time and thought process behind choosing all conference team.

Again I am not disagreeing with the thought these young men should have been mentioned.

I do think it might be hard to convince a group of coaches that all 37 players (to use the number YVC selected) could or should come from one team?  Even on a team that is not as successful there are often players who excel and coaches and even a few fans take notice.

I think that is why conferences choose more than 22 players when selecting all conference teams. 

#12 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

I think that there are more factors in play than just stats. If you take off the East Montgomery blinders and view the QB selection from a coaching standpoint do you HONESTLY believe that he was among the best leaders on the field? Come on....not bashing the kid but he's had some major issues with his attitude on the field over the course of his career. You think that the other coaches in the conference didn't witness and weren't aware of that when they were selecting the teams? Kid has talent. But when you behave like that and are allowed to by the HC it's not a hard decision to cast that vote to a player with maybe not as good of statistics but more of a leader on the field. Which is what your QB is supposed to be. i.e. Jackson Dozier.

#13 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:27 AM

I think that there are more factors in play than just stats. If you take off the East Montgomery blinders and view the QB selection from a coaching standpoint do you HONESTLY believe that he was among the best leaders on the field? Come on....not bashing the kid but he's had some major issues with his attitude on the field over the course of his career. You think that the other coaches in the conference didn't witness and weren't aware of that when they were selecting the teams? Kid has talent. But when you behave like that and are allowed to by the HC it's not a hard decision to cast that vote to a player with maybe not as good of statistics but more of a leader on the field. Which is what your QB is supposed to be. i.e. Jackson Dozier.

EM blinders ? I also mentioned a WM player that was snubbed and what exactly was Watts allowed to do by his HC? Expand please. Also ,it is my understanding that there were 2 QBs selected on the All-Conference team , 100% Jackson should have been one as well as Watts.

#14 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

Someone present in the room at selections would have to comment on the time and thought process behind choosing all conference team.

Again I am not disagreeing with the thought these young men should have been mentioned.

I do think it might be hard to convince a group of coaches that all 37 players (to use the number YVC selected) could or should come from one team?  Even on a team that is not as successful there are often players who excel and coaches and even a few fans take notice.

I think that is why conferences choose more than 22 players when selecting all conference teams. 

I will give you an example of the "process". EMs Direese Mccaskill was selected All -Conference for OFFENSE. Mccaskill 100% should have made All - Conference as he was easily a top 3 Cornerback in the conference. According to maxpreps he had a TOTAL of 151 yards this year. He was a lockdown CB , but was voted on for OFFENSE. My point being  "some" voters either have an agenda or pay absolutely NO attention to what they are voting on . Regardless the process is flawed.

#15 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:57 AM

Not going to call an individual player out. Especially on a message board. If you attended the games then you saw behaviors on the field, on the sideline and in the huddle that aren't becoming of a leader. I'll leave it at that. I believe that it was discussed on previous threads and it was asked of us not to bring up those instances again by the mods. I respect that.

#16 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:10 AM

Not going to call an individual player out. Especially on a message board. If you attended the games then you saw behaviors on the field, on the sideline and in the huddle that aren't becoming of a leader. I'll leave it at that. I believe that it was discussed on previous threads and it was asked of us not to bring up those instances again by the mods. I respect that.

LOL , you are special. "not going to call an individual player out" . I use his name/position/stats on this thread and then you reference his school and position on the same thread, but you are not going to call him out. Im curious , since EM and WM play each other at most twice a year and you are a superior Warrior fan and Im sure you attend all of their games , how can you comment on what you see at all these EM games? You have a time machine?

#17 EM BLUE

EM BLUE

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:05 PM

It's like other people do on here. I think WM77 must be Doziers dad and can't give anyone else credit.

#18 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

not even close. but I do follow the teams in the conference and I never said that he wasn't a good qb. he has had more than one incident on the field and sidelines that made people leery of voting him All Conference. end of story. enjoy 2A football.

#19 EM BLUE

EM BLUE

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

First hand knowledge or second hand hear say? You go to West games right how could you have seen whatever it is you are talking about. Why can't you just pull for your team without running everybody else in the ground?

#20 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:41 AM

A question was asked and I gave an answer. First hand knowledge and second hand information that is FACT. Sorry if you don't like the response but it is what it is. Done discussing it. Like I said before, enjoy 2A football.

#21 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

A question was asked and I gave an answer. First hand knowledge and second hand information that is FACT. Sorry if you don't like the response but it is what it is. Done discussing it. Like I said before, enjoy 2A football.

I'm sure if the young man could re do the incident from 2014, he would . Your comment about his behavior " being allowed by his HC" is not FACT, you are wrong about that. Hammer came in 2015. Also the conference has several Head Coaches now who were not even coaching in 2014 ( when the incident took place), so I seriously doubt that had anything to do with the Conferences leading passer in 2016 ( yards and TDs) not being selected for 1 of the 2 QB spots. If in fact you are right and these coaches ( especially the new ones) didnt vote for him based on secondhand information from 2014, no wonder a lot of the teams are AWFUL in the YVC, they dont have very smart football people coaching their  teams. The fact that you cant agree that Watts should be 1 of the 2 QBs on the team shows your anti -EM bias and the fact you havent taken up for your very own LB Williams on here as well as questioning Mckinney's eligibility next year proves that EM bashing is all you care about. I have a tip for you, you should have spent more time worrying about who the RBs and LBs for WRH were and instead of Mckinney , you better worry about who the RBs at Tarboro next year. Worry about the people you CANT beat . 

I will give you credit for one thing , when you are wrong , you are "Done discussing it" vs continuing to embarrass your screen name.

#22 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

Here's something for you sweater...42-15. That's all that matters. As far as Williams making All Conference he deserved it. As did the ones who made it. He has another season and will be the favorite to win DPOY in the YVC. The McKinney question was/is legit. Yes...I hope we will need to worry about playing in the State Championship game AGAIN. You should worry about even making the playoffs. But, since that isn't so common on the East side of the county going back to being irrelevant in football shouldn't be too hard for you to do. You've always been with the exception of two or three seasons.

#23 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:30 PM

Here's something for you sweater...42-15. That's all that matters. As far as Williams making All Conference he deserved it. As did the ones who made it. He has another season and will be the favorite to win DPOY in the YVC. The McKinney question was/is legit. Yes...I hope we will need to worry about playing in the State Championship game AGAIN. You should worry about even making the playoffs. But, since that isn't so common on the East side of the county going back to being irrelevant in football shouldn't be too hard for you to do. You've always been with the exception of two or three seasons.

Haha , I knew I could get you back on here. EM has made 4 final fours that I know of, be careful with the use of the word "always". Im sure 42-15 is "all that matters " to you. Aim higher young man, Aim higher. 

#24 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

A little bit more proof that the process is flawed for choosing this years YVC All-Conference team, Robert Alvarez made the NCPreps.com 1-A ALL -STATE Team, but can only garner an honorable mention in the "POWERHOUSE" YVC. LOL.

#25 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:38 AM

You understand these teams are subjective right? The YVC sees the players actually play. If you think there is some broad conspiracy against the Eagles then I suggest you get over it. Your team blew the only chance it will EVER have of making it the State Championship this year. What team kept you from doing that and smacked your team around twice? Once for the Conference Title and once to go the Western Finals? West Montgomery. NC Preps goes off of stats and stats alone and more apt to be interpreted to garnish the placement on the team. The "POWERHOUSE" YVC that your team has NEVER won and normally finished middle/to bottom of the conference? LOL is right at you and the lowly football program at East Montgomery. Your team will be 2A next season and won't sniff 5 wins. Not to mention your annual beat down from West Montgomery.

JeffChapman-Dynamic