Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Possible Montgomery County High School, possible serious contender in 3A??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

Can Montgomery County be legit contenders in 3A?

#2 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

What were the ADMs of the two schools this year?

#3 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Around 575 for West and about 675 or so for East I think not sure about that.

#4 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

EM moving to 2A next year. They are at the bottom end for 2A numbers though

#5 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,483 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:55 PM

Average to above average.  May stay around in the playoffs for a few rounds.  Depends on who is the head coach.  Also, depends on what conference they land.  South Piedmont (that may happen depending on what happens in Stanly County w/mergers/consolidations/redistricting)?  League w/Asheboro and SW Randolph  (most likely).  League with Union Pines, Lee County and Harnett County teams (not too likely).

#6 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:26 PM

I feel like they will be contenders with the right coach (Eddins). Be a strong program IMO

#7 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:49 PM

Think about under this hypothetical assumption.  If Montgomery County HS opened four years ago.  This was their fourth season playing 3A football.  Eddins is the HC.  What type of team do you think they put on the field this year?  

#8 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

Honestly a championship caliber team. Both WM and EM were strong this year. Only losses EM had was to WM. I'm not gonna say they win it all but they are much in the mix in that scenario

#9 sweaterfee

sweaterfee

JV Team

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

Think about under this hypothetical assumption.  If Montgomery County HS opened four years ago.  This was their fourth season playing 3A football.  Eddins is the HC.  What type of team do you think they put on the field this year?  

Im an EM fan, graduate, and former player and this is just my opinion . The simmons ratings could give a more accurate guess, but I dont think if you would have combined EM and WM this year , they would have beaten WRH. The talent level for this area for both teams was high and I think there will be a pretty big drop off in talent in comparison when the schools combine. With that being said WRH would probably win most 3-A conferences around here , so who knows?

#10 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:03 AM

I disagree with that. With the addition of EM talent this year I feel as though they would have beat WRH but hey we are just assuming at this point. Its hard to predict talent 3-4 years out with kids because they grow and become better players fast. This county has always had the talent and with the consolidation I feel u make every position pretty good. It's going to be interesting to see what the county can do and if it's the right coach they will compete with the highest level of 3A ball. I'm a Warrior and yes I would love to see them separate but it just isn't going to happen. Alot to talk about in a couple years

#11 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

I think having one school with a championship caliber team will be unreal exciting.

#12 Friday Nights in K-Town

Friday Nights in K-Town

Established Member

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:01 PM

I think it all boils down to having a good head coach and a good established core of assistants who know how to build their talent pool. A good pre season strength and conditioning routine. I think they can if all those things are in place.

#13 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

West has that now so hopefully they can keep that in place. We have great HC, great assistants, and a great strength and conditioning program.

#14 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

Eddins is the obvious choice for the job, but no one can take away frim what Hammer has done at EMHS.

JeffChapman-Dynamic