• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#26 CoachG

CoachG

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:00 PM

I'm not sure where you find hypocrisy in my post. Some may want to put up with that crap--obviously there are since they fill their positions--but lots of us have no desire to put up with it. Furthermore, Everywhere in Georgia, Texas, and SC isnt full of crazies, either. As for the money, the reported salary at Richmond isn't the most in the state. There are coaches even in Wake County who make more.

#27 Chopper747

Chopper747

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Wakefield, it's a great school atmosphere.

Fairmont, supportive admin.

Olympic, incredible talent to work with, very raw situation ready for you to put your stamp on things.

But how about the worst jobs?

Richmond, unrealistic expectations.

Crest, meddling parents.

Throw Indy on there with the meddling parents. I think Richmond and Crest both have tremendous updsides, but there are some disadvantages too with those schools that for many coaches I can see outweighing the advantages. 

Green and yellow colors have a chemical effects on the left side of the brain

#28 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

Green and yellow colors have a chemical effects on the left side of the brain

Apparently they do. I guess 9-4 w/a second round apperance at Crest isn't good enough for the meddling parents/fans.  

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#29 Chargerbacker1111

Chargerbacker1111

JV Team

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

You can sit quietly, and people think your ignorant. Or, you can open your mouth ,and remove all doubt. We will deal with the cougs in nov.

#30 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

You can sit quietly, and people think your ignorant. Or, you can open your mouth ,and remove all doubt. We will deal with the cougs in nov.

If you get there LOL 

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#31 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

Crest fans always remove doubt when it comes to ignorance when they open their big fat mouths so I guess you've learned that saying from personal experience? 

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#32 Bullzye

Bullzye

Established Member

• Coach
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:27 AM

Personally, I think the Freedom job might be the best one open - @ this time.

#33 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:52 AM

Freedom and Crest would prob be the the top 2

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#34 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

I'm not sure where you find hypocrisy in my post. Some may want to put up with that crap--obviously there are since they fill their positions--but lots of us have no desire to put up with it. Furthermore, Everywhere in Georgia, Texas, and SC isnt full of crazies, either. As for the money, the reported salary at Richmond isn't the most in the state. There are coaches even in Wake County who make more.

Wasnt necessarily calling your post hypocritical.  I certainly laugh at many of the crazies but with any truly engaged fan base your going to encounter some of that. Whether its Richmond, Crest and AL brown or places like Byrnes or Colquitt County, GA you have a community very involved in the football program and that is always going to equate with a small % that are over the top.  I get that its not for everyone but like you said....there doesnt seem to be  shortage of guys applying for those jobs. The fact that they typically come with a better payout for dealing with those levels of expectations has something to do with that I am sure.

The flip side of that is apathy. Nobody cares whether you win or lose and nobody shows up either way. My point is sometimes you have to put up with some of the downside to get some of the upside.

I am aware that Richmond isnt the best paying job in the state. I think we would both agree that on average the coaching salary structure in SC , GA and Texas is dramatically higher than that of NC.  Coaches dont flock there because of less crazies, they flock there because the compensation dwarfs that of NC in most cases...... That is the hypocrisy.

#35 tigercoach55

tigercoach55

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:27 AM

Reason why you never see coaches from the south come to NC.

#36 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,006 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:54 AM

I doubt many head coaching jobs in NC pay more than Richmond. Castellano was over $80k. I think his predecessor made closer to $90k.

#37 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:39 AM

I doubt many head coaching jobs in NC pay more than Richmond. Castellano was over $80k. I think his predecessor made closer to $90k.

That's huge money for North Carolina coaches. Systems with multiple high schools are less likely to have the ability to pay coaches bigger salaries.

#38 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:36 AM

I know when Hal Capps was at Mooresville he was making around 90k but I'm not sure what Paxton is making

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#39 tigercoach55

tigercoach55

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

I wonder what Palmieri makes??

#40 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

I wonder what Palmari makes??

It's CMS so not much

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#41 tigercoach55

tigercoach55

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

With his resume he could hand pick his job in GA or SC and make over 100k.

#42 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,006 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

It doesn't always work that way.

He has hit the ten year plateau in NC. Would expect he is doing more than just observing potential openings out of state now.

#43 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,006 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

That's huge money for North Carolina coaches. Systems with multiple high schools are less likely to have the ability to pay coaches bigger salaries.

Single high school systems have much more flexibility if appears.

Knotts was making $70k 2009-2010 completing 30 years with sick days.

#44 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

Single high school systems have much more flexibility if appears.

Knotts was making $70k 2009-2010 completing 30 years with sick days.

Which is a pension of almost $40k per year from NC-that's a nice supplement for whatever salary they are paying him in S.C.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#45 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,006 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:30 PM

With bonus money for playoffs and state title he will make over $150k on his SC job and NC pension.

I understand Buford GA is open and have heard that it may be the best paying job in the southeast.

#46 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

With bonus money for playoffs and state title he will make over $150k on his SC job and NC pension.

I understand Buford GA is open and have heard that it may be the best paying job in the southeast.

$175K is a nice get

#47 NF_VIKINGSFB

NF_VIKINGSFB

• Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

Coach Knotts job already pays him 105,000 in SC.  That is for his job alone.  That county he works in, all the coaches makes close to 100,000. And that is before any bonuses.  That is his yearly salary.  So, with playoff bonuses and this NC retirement, he is do pretty well.  AND that is NOT TEACHING ANY CLASSES, which is the best part.

#48 tigercoach55

tigercoach55

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:13 PM

Wow. NC is so far behind when it comes to paying their coaches!

#49 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:33 PM

North Carolina, a state behind the times in paying high school coaches? Crazy, that's the ONLY thing that this progressive state is behind in.

#50 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:20 PM

North Carolina, a state behind the times in paying high school coaches? Crazy, that's the ONLY thing that this progressive state is behind in.

Theyre behind on paying their teachers too, something you know first hand I'm sure. 

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

JeffChapman-Dynamic