Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Lincolnton Wolves

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:36 PM

Looks like The Wolves will be without the Littlejohn brothers as they leave for Roswell High school in GA!

http://www.gastongaz...ving-to-georgia

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 BD4443

BD4443

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

Oh well.....live by the transfer.........die by the transfer

#3 Rocket

Rocket

JV Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

Oh well.....live by the transfer.........die by the transfer

Agreed.  It can be a double edged sword.  It is happening in college athletics and now is trickling down to the high school level.  College coaches will find you if you can play regardless of what school you attend.  Just my thoughts. 

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Looks like all those senior year transfers this year to win titles and break records taught hometown Lincolnton kids how to work the system. No title and future kids trained to jump ship for their personal gains was the end result. On to basketball and one transfer scoring 60 points a game. As one East Lincoln coach said- "be careful what you wish for." It may backfire on the program.

#5 Madmanx2

Madmanx2

Established Member

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

If it can better my child and his future I am all for it

#6 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,519 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:38 AM

Did it better his future?  I would say no more or no less.  The young QB that replaced his brother turned out to be a gunslinger and Cameron Dollar set a national TD receptions record for one half.  They may have been hoping for a basketball title and they probably had a better chance at Lincolnton.

#7 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

Did it better his future?  I would say no more or no less.  The young QB that replaced his brother turned out to be a gunslinger and Cameron Dollar set a national TD receptions record for one half.  They may have been hoping for a basketball title and they probably had a better chance at Lincolnton.

You are correct in my opinion about basketball. But the state receiving record was in the bank at Lincolnton with no Dollar. Most likely it would have been set much later in the season regardless but I was there to witness it unfortunately against my hometown team Newton-Conover. I've witnessed Chaz, Sage, and Ladowski's records. Never seen any rushing records set in person. Tommy Henry was as close as I got when he was at Maiden. Tommy Henry unlike some never came off the field as he just turned around and played linebacker.

#8 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,519 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:21 PM

Seen them all play. Watching talent makes it special. Seen a few different records set by TA McLendon and Chris Leak.

The move by Surratt may play out the way he wanted but I think the move was about titles. We will find out in March if he accomplished one half of that goal.

JeffChapman-Dynamic