West Rowan   4-3              4-1

Carson            7-3              6-2

Robinson    6-3                  5-2

Central Cab   5-6                3-5

NWC            2-5                 2-4

Concord       2-7                 2-5

South Rowan 0-7               0-10

East Rowan    0-8               1-9

Top 5 have splitting losses to one or the other. Cox Mill lost to Robinson, Carson lost to HR and WR. WR lost to Robinson.  Robinson lost to Carson and HR, and HR lost to Cox Mill.   Looking forward to the second half of the year after break and should be a great Conference Tourney come February. 

#2 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

JV Team

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:27 AM

Correction on standings, sorry- South overall 0-10, and East overall 1-9

#3 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:16 PM

I know it early in the season but I must admit I am surprise that Concord is near the bottom of the standing. Coming into the season taking a look at the Concord roster according to Maxpress one would have thought that Concord record right now would be closer to 500. I am also a bit surprise that Robinson is struggling early on but that is understandable considering who they loss in the off-season. I except the SPC to be decided between Cox Mill and Robinson with HR,Carson and West Rowan battling out for the 3-5 spot.

#4 FrmerCoach

FrmerCoach

JV Team

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

I know it early in the season but I must admit I am surprise that Concord is near the bottom of the standing. Coming into the season taking a look at the Concord roster according to Maxpress one would have thought that Concord record right now would be closer to 500. I am also a bit surprise that Robinson is struggling early on but that is understandable considering who they loss in the off-season. I except the SPC to be decided between Cox Mill and Robinson with HR,Carson and West Rowan battling out for the 3-5 spot.

Will for sure be exciting.

#5 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

Established Member

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

I'm a tad shocked at seeing Robinson in fifth place.  I think losing Jordan McKenzie had a fairly sizable impact.  He was an underrated ballplayer.

#6 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

I'm a tad shocked at seeing Robinson in fifth place. I think losing Jordan McKenzie had a fairly sizable impact. He was an underrated ballplayer.

He sure was, I haven't yet watch Robinson play in person so far this season. But just by looking at stats I think Robinson problem compared to last year team is that so far they don't have a 2 and 3rd scorer. Lavar Batts Jr he is the heart and soul of this Robinson team. Last year Robinson also had Jordan Mackenzie and Danielle Spencer guys that can count on to score a lot of points in benches. Last year they have had guys who could come of the Bench and knock down couple of 3 points shot in a row. Just by looking at the stats this year Cox Mill team has a lot of reasonable to last year Robinson team.

#7 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:54 PM

It's not that surprising concord is not doing well I mean they did lose one of their best players n one best in state so

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#8 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Established Member

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:15 PM

It's not that surprising concord is not doing well I mean they did lose one of their best players n one best in state so

That is true. I just thought with a Nasirildeen and with Andrew Metcalf transfered from Hickory Ridge along with Jacob Irby among other players I thought Concord would be able to beat Central Cabarrus. And this is not meant to disrespect Central Cabarrus or anyone else.

#9 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:39 PM

That is true. I just thought with a Nasirildeen and with Andrew Metcalf transfered from Hickory Ridge along with Jacob Irby among other players I thought Concord would be able to beat Central Cabarrus. And this is not meant to disrespect Central Cabarrus or anyone else.

Maybe so and I'm not say those players aren't talented but When you lose someone like Leaky Black who was one of the best players on that last yr team n in state, it's kinda hard to replace that chemistry and player so This team maybe hasn't gel together yet so

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#10 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:38 AM

it'll take time for those new pieces to gel. Concord will be Concord by seasons end

#11 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:42 PM

Concord has not looked good my bet is they end up middle of the pack at best. Just not enough talent on the roster to hang with the big boys. Look out for West they look really good...

JeffChapman-Dynamic