Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

8-0 South Iredell vs #2 West Forsyth

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

It would appear the Vikings are walking right into a buzz saw having to play West Forsyth. On paper this is a mismatch all day- I don't think the Vikings have an answer for KJ Henry bc of his sheer size and athleticism. Rooting for South, hope they can put our conference on the map, but I doubt they will pull the massive upset.

Btw I do believe this game is being played at North Forsyth (tournament?). If it is a tournament who else is in it?

#2 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

I do think south has 1 guy that has the ability to match up with KJ... #25 (for south).... but he does give up some size to henry. He will definitely have to play big to have a chance

#3 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

I havent seen either team play yet but from looking at the roster WF has some good size players than South. I think WF would have to have a bad night to lose that one but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. But I do think South may have a chance to compete at the top of their conferance. You never know teams that don't seem good may have a turn around season.

#4 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:16 PM

It would appear the Vikings are walking right into a buzz saw having to play West Forsyth. On paper this is a mismatch all day- I don't think the Vikings have an answer for KJ Henry bc of his sheer size and athleticism. Rooting for South, hope they can put our conference on the map, but I doubt they will pull the massive upset.

Btw I do believe this game is being played at North Forsyth (tournament?). If it is a tournament who else is in it?

Yeah, it's called the SouthData Winter classic.  It's being held at both NF and North Surry.  On Thursday and Friday, there will be seven games held at both sites.  First games start at 11:00 am. 

A wide variety of area teams are in it (both guys and gals).  I'll list the notable boys games....

Thursday at North Surry:  Starmount/RJ Reynolds (12:30), Surry Central/Mt. Tabor (3:30), East Surry/Glenn (5:00), North Surry/Reagan (8:00)

Thursday at NF:  East Wilkes/East Forsyth (12:30), SI/WF (5:00), Mt. Airy/N Forsyth (8:00)

Friday at N Surry: Reagan/Mt. Airy (12:30), RJR/ S Iredell (3:30), W Forsyth/E Surry (5:00), E Forsyth/N Surry (8:00)

Friday at NF:  Mt. Tabor/E Wilkes (12:30), Glenn/Surry Central (3:30), N Forsyth/Starmount (8:00)

#5 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

Also want to add that there will be a very good girls game at North Surry on Thursday at 6:30:  North Surry/Reagan.  

#6 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

In addition to Henry, WF's got another big, strong post that's fairly decent.  

#7 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

In addition to Henry, WF's got another big, strong post that's fairly decent.

South will have to hope they are shooting the ball well from mid range and outside... I don't think they'll get a lot in the paint

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:53 PM

South prob loses by a 10-20 Pt margin

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

At half- SOUTH IREDELL leads 40-39! Wow, even I may have to start looking at South differently even if they lose

#10 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:28 PM

Under 3 left- 80-68 WF up. Still not a bad showing for South. Seems like the were really very competitive in this game start to finish. Bad non conference schedule aside, I think this team is legit good. Maybe not 3A title contender good, but good enough to make a run into the 3rd rd of the playoffs

#11 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:38 PM

Final 92-74. Fouling opened it up late it sounds like. South led at half. More competitive than I think many expected

#12 Patrick Maloney

Patrick Maloney

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:31 AM

South will not make 3rd round sorry not happening lol they are in over their heads playing all these big boys bow south just needs to stick to playijg those little Wilkes county teams haha

#13 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:29 PM

Have to disagree with Patrick, South is a good team and has beaten both 4a teams in their conference. They play a very fast paced game and our well coached. They will get a higher seed come playoff time and breeze thru the first two rounds and then the real competition will be in the 3rd round. They are not state title contenders but are a very good 3a team and have proven that thus far!

#14 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:01 PM

South will not make 3rd round sorry not happening lol they are in over their heads playing all these big boys bow south just needs to stick to playijg those little Wilkes county teams haha

Patrick TBH that was my initial thoughts before I saw them play Lake Norman. But that is such a fundamentally sound basketball team... they have great guard play, a very athletic guy on the block. And shoot the ball really well. Throw them in the SPC with Carson, Cox Mill, JMR, Concord, etc and they would probably finish top 3 or 4 there (which is a tall task given how deep that conference is). Quit being greyhound biased lmao

#15 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

Patrick TBH that was my initial thoughts before I saw them play Lake Norman. But that is such a fundamentally sound basketball team... they have great guard play, a very athletic guy on the block. And shoot the ball really well. Throw them in the SPC with Carson, Cox Mill, JMR, Concord, etc and they would probably finish top 3 or 4 there (which is a tall task given how deep that conference is). Quit being greyhound biased lmao

U can't really take lkn game in my opinion , Lkn is not as Strong as they use to , Like me n u do know LKN doesn't have size nor no inside game n SI won the 3 pt battle but SI did well in the paint where lkn struggle the only game SI proven themselves was WF.

I disagree with u there, I don't think Si finish 3/4 in SPC I would say 4-5 at best , Carson , JMR, Cox Mill , WR (when they r good ) are all tough teams and SI is Good but Not Great and Cox Mill is Great, Concord is usually Great, Carson is Good, JMR is Good so all these would be tough for SI but All games would be competitive and fun to watch

But I disagree with Patrick bc I think SI wins conference and get passed the 1st n 2nd but I think SI could even win 3rd but I don't see them going all the way

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#16 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

I've said it a million times- don't judge a team by who they play. Judge them by HOW they play! You can take a lot from that LKN game based on how they played.

How>Who

#17 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

SI is no worse than JMR, Carson, WR, Concord right now based on how South is playing. They wouldn't beat Cox Mill or HR IMO but they could beat the others on a given night

#18 Patrick Maloney

Patrick Maloney

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

Next year let's see if they beat WR in basketball they definitely will not beat them in football

#19 Patrick Maloney

Patrick Maloney

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

To me schedule matters for a lot if teams cone playoff time

#20 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

I've said it a million times- don't judge a team by who they play. Judge them by HOW they play! You can take a lot from that LKN game based on how they played.

How>Who

I disagree to a extent ; Who u play is very important bc how many times u see posters on here say SOS is important and having a tough Non conference helps and Yes SI played well but LKN is a down n had a bad night , I mean I not taking anything away from SI but I don't see them doing well in a tougher basketball league like SPC or Triad or Triangle area and also SOS can help u or hurt in different ways so

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#21 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:31 PM

Next year let's see if they beat WR in basketball they definitely will not beat them in football

Personally WR isn't a basketball school but they are good but Football wise in my opinion West Rowan Dominates the NPC 3A conference

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#22 Patrick Maloney

Patrick Maloney

JV Team

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

I so agree WR will not lose one conference game next year

#23 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:45 PM

I so agree WR will not lose one conference game next year

Statesville will Decent but it's Statesville, SI has a Decent but idk and everyone else loses a lot esp WR

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#24 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

I caught SI against both WF and RJR last week.  I'll throw in my two cents.....

Not a bad ball club, that bunch.  They put up a heck of a fight against WF (even led at halftime).  They've got a ton of shooters (including the most lefties I believe I've ever seen on one team).  They've got a trio of quick, ball-handling guards.  I was impressed with Zane Haglan. That kid can ball.  

What hurts SI the most is the fact that they don't have size or good interior play.  RJR had the right idea against SI.  They played an aggressive, half-court trap that really made Haglan and that other lefty guard work.  

As far as their playoff chances go........I think they can win a couple of games IF they get favorable match-ups.  However, the 3A West will be brutal this year.  With the new playoff system, they might see a Hickory Ridge, Kings Mtn., or Robinson type team early on.  

#25 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,139 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 01:52 PM

Yeah I wouldn't expect South to make a title run. They are good enough to spring one upset, but don't think they can spring 2 or 3 of them

JeffChapman-Dynamic