Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

West Mont fans that attended the gane

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 WMFootballFanatic

WMFootballFanatic

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

71-15 would get a coach For Sale signs posted in their yard at Richmond.

#27 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:45 AM

As far as not having enough money to pay Coach Eddins to stay at West Montgomery that won't be an issue. Richmond Sr. is a "past" program. Their glory days have been gone for a while. Yes, there are still athletes there. It's nowhere like it was before. By the way, how's their indoor football practice facility looking? If Coach decides to leave it won't be for financial reasons. I think the West Montgomery job is far more attractive than the Richmond Sr. job. You look at the Metro Areas of Charlotte and Raleigh. They are growing. What's growing in Richmond County besides cotton, soy beans and crime?

#28 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

That's right. No need to leave has what he wants here. Richmond is a trap off I wouldn't go near it if I were him.

#29 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,280 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:16 AM

Seriously doubt Eddins leaves for Richmond.

#30 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:27 AM

Pinecrest, Scotland and a couple of the Fayetteville area high schools are far more attractive programs today. How many coaches have been through there in the last 5 years? A couple of them only lost one or two games and still couldn't beat the Charlotte teams. No coach can go head to head with the Meck. Co. system from Richmond County and expect to win. Not happening.

#31 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:47 PM

As far as not having enough money to pay Coach Eddins to stay at West Montgomery that won't be an issue. Richmond Sr. is a "past" program. Their glory days have been gone for a while. Yes, there are still athletes there. It's nowhere like it was before. By the way, how's their indoor football practice facility looking? If Coach decides to leave it won't be for financial reasons. I think the West Montgomery job is far more attractive than the Richmond Sr. job. You look at the Metro Areas of Charlotte and Raleigh. They are growing. What's growing in Richmond County besides cotton, soy beans and crime?

Sounds like Richmond and Montgomery County have a lot in common in that last question. To be fair, beat Wallace-Rose Hill, a rural school, before you berate Richmond County. As for the job, I doubt Eddins leaves because he's the AD and head coach, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he does. I played for Coach Eddins at Richmond County, and it is still a top 15 job in the state. Do we have the same athletes as we did in the past? No. RC used to just reload every year, but that is no longer the case. There is, though, a very intriguing batch of youngsters coming up that are very talented, and whoever gets the job should reap the benefits.

#32 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,459 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:19 AM

Once again, Eddins is NOT AD at WM.

#33 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:26 AM

Richmond being a top 15 job is not even close. There are at least 15 4A schools that are more attractive and dozens of others in lower classifications that are. And again, Eddins is NOT the AD at West Montgomery.

#34 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

Richmond being a top 15 job is not even close. There are at least 15 4A schools that are more attractive and dozens of others in lower classifications that are. And again, Eddins is NOT the AD at West Montgomery.

My bad on the AD reference. I've honestly seen where he's one, and never have seen where he's not. That's on me. Lower classifications are all good and well, but to win on the 4A level is pretty tough to do, and Richmond is a top 15 program in 4A. Name 15 other high schools in 4A that's more attractive than Richmond?

#35 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

But u clearly said "top 15 in the State". They are a top 15 in 4A but not the State. WM is a clear top 5 1A school in the State. It's not always greener on the other side, if anyone knows about Richmond Eddins does. He's got work left to do at WM IMO.

#36 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:08 PM

I can't imagine the indoor facility Montgomery County will have "if" they do consolidate...My ol my

#37 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,280 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

Eddins is not going to Richmond.

There are not many jobs better than Richmond when you look at pay, job duties, and
cost of living/housing. Bigger school systems are tougher to operate in due to lack of autonomy and red tape. There are negatives at RC also but I think there is still big potential. Some potential HC's may see it as one of the worst jobs while others may see it as a great opportunity.

JeffChapman-Dynamic