Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

NPC Baseball Ealy Preview

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

We are 71 days until opening day *Mooresville opening day is Feb 27th some may start before or after* Some of teams will still be the top favorites but This year in baseball will be weak esp many teams lost a lot.

Standings:
1. Alexander Central
2. LKN
3. Mooresville/NL
4. Mooresville/ NL
5. South Iredell **Sleeper**
6. Statesville
7. West Iredell
8. North Iredell

**6-8 is interchangeable **

AC and LKN will be the top team as both didn't lose as much and are usually good

Mooresville will be still in top as well but Hitting will once again be the question for Mooresville but they be still be solid on defense and pitching

NL will be Decent but losing a lot will hurt them so We will see how competitive they are this yr which they usually are. They still pretty defense wise but Hitting n Pitching will their area of question.

South Iredell: they lost only 3 players but 3 important players but SI will be my sleeper and they be in hunt for conference, They will be good. pitching may be area to watch but Hitting n Defnese should be good.

West Iredell: They lost a lot, they will be rebuilding but Their JVs didn't do all that well so West will struggle this season but They may do ok on defense but Pitching n Hitting will be the question.

North Iredell: They lost a lot and They will be in the same boat as west iredell.

Statesville: Statesville lost their best players but They do Return 3 players but They have fill big shoes in pitching , catching , 3rd base as Rhyne Johnson went to AC. Statesville will struggle as well but They may win a few games to finish over NI/WI.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,116 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

LKN is my preseason fav. But I don't watch or care for baseball so I'm probably not even close so I'll spare my projections lol.

#3 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

LKN is my preseason fav. But I don't watch or care for baseball so I'm probably not even close so I'll spare my projections lol.

Yes LKN will be good but So will AC but last yr it ended 1. lkn 2. NL 3.AC 4. Mooresville 5. South Iredell 6. Statesville 7. West Iredell 8. North Iredell. NI may be better this yr will 11 seniors this season but will see. Statesville n WI will struggle.

I think AC has a edge over LKN , they have the talent their to win conference.... Also they picked up Rhyne Johnson from statesville so will help big in 3rd/ pitching like AC need any more pitchers. LKN is good and they didnt lose much either but They will be tough again.

Mooresville may finish 4th again i mean we are similar to last yr and such but Mooresville did go the the furthest in playoffs last yr i believe which is 3rd round so.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#4 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

We are 71 days until opening day *Mooresville opening day is Feb 27th some may start before or after* Some of teams will still be the top favorites but This year in baseball will be weak esp many teams lost a lot.

Standings:
1. Alexander Central
2. LKN
3. Mooresville/NL
4. Mooresville/ NL
5. South Iredell **Sleeper**
6. Statesville
7. West Iredell
8. North Iredell

**6-8 is interchangeable **

AC and LKN will be the top team as both didn't lose as much and are usually good

Mooresville will be still in top as well but Hitting will once again be the question for Mooresville but they be still be solid on defense and pitching

NL will be Decent but losing a lot will hurt them so We will see how competitive they are this yr which they usually are. They still pretty defense wise but Hitting n Pitching will their area of question.

South Iredell: they lost only 3 players but 3 important players but SI will be my sleeper and they be in hunt for conference, They will be good. pitching may be area to watch but Hitting n Defnese should be good.

West Iredell: They lost a lot, they will be rebuilding but Their JVs didn't do all that well so West will struggle this season but They may do ok on defense but Pitching n Hitting will be the question.

North Iredell: They lost a lot and They will be in the same boat as west iredell.

Statesville: Statesville lost their best players but They do Return 3 players but They have fill big shoes in pitching , catching , 3rd base as Rhyne Johnson went to AC. Statesville will struggle as well but They may win a few games to finish over NI/WI.

North Iredell:  They lost every game but one.  Did you mean that statistic or senior class?  Can only get better.  Already 200% better this season.

#5 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

North Iredell: They lost every game but one. Did you mean that statistic or senior class? Can only get better. Already 200% better this season.

NI is very senior heavy so Will see how good they r and Yes 2-1 so far on the season so It's a good start!

I mean statistically mostly bc Pitch count hurt some these smaller schools if they have depth in pitching n other things

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#6 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:51 PM

The first five teams in npc and the bottom three are like night and day ability wise. NI got shut out by both N Lincoln and AC. North Iredell should play the more talented Freshman and Sophomores now so it will benefit the program in the next two years. And I don't have a child playing, just what I would do as coach.

#7 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:24 PM

The first five teams in npc and the bottom three are like night and day ability wise. NI got shut out by both N Lincoln and AC. North Iredell should play the more talented Freshman and Sophomores now so it will benefit the program in the next two years. And I don't have a child playing, just what I would do as coach.

I agree but disagree, I feel like there would only maybe 2-3 JV players that may be good enough to move up but i would keep them on JV espsince NI dont have that many great athletes but I think they will be DECENT this yr i mean Vars has 14-15 players (With bout 11-12 of them being SRS) n JV has 13-14 players so they have a good amount of kids there.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#8 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:07 AM

Alexander Central beat North Lincoln 3 to 1 last night. I think N. Lincoln is better then everyone thought. Looks like their pitching is pretty strong from looking at scores. Could be a four to five team race this year!

#9 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:03 PM

Alexander Central beat North Lincoln 3 to 1 last night. I think N. Lincoln is better then everyone thought. Looks like their pitching is pretty strong from looking at scores. Could be a four to five team race this year!

AC has a Upset Win over Providence who last yr won them 15-0 n such so that is HUGE game n show how good n how good depth is at AC this yr. AC is senior heavy tho this season. Thats why i had AC first in my pre season bc i knew they have the depth at pitching which u really do need esp now with the Pitch count

on 3/25 will be another HUGE test for AC as the face another powerhouse in North Davidson , i really like how they have 2 4A power house teams on their schedule it will help them in a long way and also 4/1 Will be another Hugh test vs Davie who is usually a very strong program

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

JeffChapman-Dynamic