Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Congratulation Weddington 3AA state champs

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 onioncfb

onioncfb

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

First I have to give credit to our previous HC( whom I won't name), He ran out on this program in July of 2011, for greener pastures and huge stables of "athletes". You see we didn't have the Athletes to ever win big time here. That was the best thing for Weddington, so thank you!  In steps Coach Carson and the rest is history. Coach Carson wanted to be here and wanted to be a head coach again. If not for the silly pod system, he would've made deep runs in the playoff immediately ! A first round upset of the #1 team in the state ,South Point, was pretty big though. Carson called the Offense for the first couple of years until he turned it over to coach Jordon( a former QB at NC State), and now Carson controls the defense. There is no other tandem in the state that could've won a championship with this team ! This team started out 1-3 not even looking like the best team in the conference, only to run the table to the championship. There is not one player or thing that you look at about this team and say" we have to stop that. " On O coach Jordon just pokes and prods until he finds something that works. There are so many different kids that made huge plays this year. Every week another one popped up. Coach Carson schemed the D every week and kids made plays there as well. The D always kept us in the game until the O found a way. This group is the definition of TEAM ! Congratulations guys!!! The best TEAM ever at Weddington !! You made us proud.

#2 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

Very happy for Coach Carson. I have coached against him for many years and he has always put a stout defense on the field. Really glad he finally got this championship! Congrats to him, his staff, the Weddington player and community. They were a decent team in the early years and over time have been built into a very solid football program. Great to see it happen. 

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,428 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:28 AM

Tim Carson is one of the best coaches there is. He's smart, experienced, and his teams often reflect his tough and gritty personality.

He's become a good friend and I've seen first hand how well he runs a program. I just hope y'all really enjoy him in 2017 because I have a feeling it will be his last year coaching in NC as he now has his 30-years in the system.

#4 onioncfb

onioncfb

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

I hope your wrong, but whatever he chooses to do, he's earned it, and they'll be no hard feelings here .

#5 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,428 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

I hope your wrong, but whatever he chooses to do, he's earned it, and they'll be no hard feelings here .

It was also announced yesterday that he's been invited back to the Shrine Bowl as a coach for the 2017 team since he was unable to coach in the game due to the championship games being moved back.

#6 crestcharger02

crestcharger02

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:52 AM

This is a guy I would love to see on the Crest sideline next season. Congrats to Weddington on getting the big one.

#7 Panther4lyfe

Panther4lyfe

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

What does Weddington have returning next season?

#8 Footballaholic32

Footballaholic32

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:50 AM

Congratulations Weddington kids and coaching staff!

#9 tb1978

tb1978

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:32 AM

Carson is a genius. I told people all week he would take Eastern Guilford out of their game plan and take away their big plays and after the 1st half they did just that. Congrats to Weddington!

There are many reasons that this group of young men are the winningest all time class ever at Weddington.  The coaches have developed a culture of winning, previous senior classes worked with the young players, and we've got some smart, tough, strong players--to name a few.  I'm not sure Coach Carson is for everyone--you have to work in the weight room like no I knew ever did.  Every week.  All year.  A complex offense and defense requires intelligence, and if you get tired, you lose your edge.  As said above--we are most fortunate to have been a one year stop for Coach Hardin.  

My son has learned so much about himself, is smarter, has more confidence--all the stuff you want for life ahead, from football.  Oh yeah and the BIG ring!  Go Warriors.  Very proud of this bunch.

#10 CMChargers

CMChargers

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:13 AM

Weddington High School is the model Athletics program. Their AD, Booster Club, and Coaches deserve a pat on the back. Competing at a high level in every sport!

#11 onioncfb

onioncfb

JV Team

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

Very true Carson is NOT for everyone!  Divas and primadonna's would not thrive under coach Carson

#12 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:06 PM

I know I'm a little late to the party but I want to say a couple of things....

My hats off to Weddington.  From late in the first half on, they just thoroughly outplayed EG.  They exploited the Wildcat weaknesses and read them like a book at times.  Actually, when I think about it, Weddington "Out EG'd" EG.  Just lined up and methodically marched down the field. Weddington was flat outstanding in the trenches.  

Wildcats got nothin' to be ashamed of though.  Great, great season.  Conference champs, state runners-up, and two wins over a very good Western Alamance squad.  I think most programs would be okay with those results.

It'll be real interesting next year.  All these powers are moving down to the 3A ranks.  On the flip side, I think the conference that EG's moving into will (arguably) be a little easier.  I'm confident the Wildcats can replace their losses in the skill positions.  However, Clapp and Howard are going to be extremely tough to replace on the defensive side.  

#13 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:57 PM

Tim Carson is just an ol boy from Seneca or so he will tell you.  Great man and coach.  A true student of the game.  If you believe in work ethic and doing the right thing get onboard.  

#14 SPRedRaider

SPRedRaider

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

Carson is a genius. I told people all week he would take Eastern Guilford out of their game plan and take away their big plays and after the 1st half they did just that. Congrats to Weddington!

After the first play of the game they did that. Barring the 80 yd TD pass on the opening play of the game Weddington dominated the game. They remind me a lot SP. Very physical and limit mistakes. 

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...

#15 Friday Nights in K-Town

Friday Nights in K-Town

Established Member

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

Weddington looked sharp against Eastern Guilford in the championship game. I was really impressed how they flew to the ball on defense. I would have like to see them and South Point go at it. South Point's defense was lights out against Rocky Mount. I think it would have been a great contest!!

#16 tb1978

tb1978

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

Weddington looked sharp against Eastern Guilford in the championship game. I was really impressed how they flew to the ball on defense. I would have like to see them and South Point go at it. South Point's defense was lights out against Rocky Mount. I think it would have been a great contest!!

Our program got to where we are today in no small part to playing AL Brown home and home.  It didn't kill us and made us stronger.

JeffChapman-Dynamic